Skip to content

***Browns VS Colts GAMEDAY Thread***

The Browns Board
207 33 3.9k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    To not assume it’s forward progress and that’s a live play is absolutely terrible reffing. No reason it shouldn’t even be reviewed. 

    Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

    I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sendejo got cAught looking and missed the deep over. 

    Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

    Far fetched?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

    I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

    Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

    Far fetched?

    Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

    I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

    Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

    Far fetched?

    Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

    Yes, I know a position for him:   Left Out. 

    So, is Delpit out the entire year? 

    Ain't Earl Thomas still on the street?   (and was Thomas FS like Bandejo....or SS?) 

  • I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

    I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

    That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

  • @nero said:

    I'm not gonna quote all the people that have mentioned it, but today in the Tavern I said that Sendejo could learn a thing or two from Peppers. Don't let anything happen behind your back, keep everything in front. We're screwed if we need him either way, so it's better if we give up 15-20 yards everytime a CB needs S help rather than 30-40 yards. 

    I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

    That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. 

    That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

  • Vag I like you being on this board. You are solid as a poster and usually aren’t a nuisance. 
     

    but I will say the Steelers get calls. More often than the browns. On that we can agree on. 
     

    what did you think of the Steelers defense today? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Vag I like you being on this board. You are solid as a poster and usually aren’t a nuisance. 

    Now you've done it...

    Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...

    Welcome to the club...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!

    I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.

    Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.

    Far fetched?

    Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can Sendejo just be in position to prevent big plays?

    He gave up two chunk plays for zero points... IIRC... and made the tackle on both.

    Look... he's on a one-year deal for $2mm... likely would not be playing, if Delpit was healthy... and will not see 2021 in a Browns uni unless we make a playoff run.

    .. but he is playing and my guess is that he is playing the role that Woods wants him to play.

    Would Woods want him to be faster, anticipate better and not make mental errors? Absolutely, but that is not the player he now is.

    What he can still do is bang... and he is doing that.

    And we are winning...

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays.  You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.

    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. 

    That’s my one and only complaint tonight.  We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @the-gipper said:


    Joni Mitchell >> Sendejo 

    Counting Crows >>>>> Sendejo 

    not even getting musical here talking football centerfield talent 

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Vag I like you being on this board. You are solid as a poster and usually aren’t a nuisance. 

    Now you've done it...

    Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...

    Welcome to the club...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @tour2ma said:

    Now you've done it...

    Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...

    Welcome to the club...

    No, you are the only  Steeler sperm slurper here.  TB 50 is just being cordial.  I am often cordial. But I stick up for my team against the Yinzers.  You never do.  

    Memo to Tour:  We have these things called "rivalries".  That means you do not give quarter to opposing rivals fans.  Just once try   not being a Quisling. 

  • BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by

    Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Credit is due to Kevin Stefanski, who appears to be in complete control of his team's offense in his first season as head coach. We'll see how well they perform in a key early divisional meeting next week.

    3) For a team that entered Sunday touted as perhaps the best defense in the NFL, the Colts didn't perform to such a lofty standard. Indianapolis surrendered 385 yards of total offense, allowed Cleveland to convert 10 of 17 third-down attempts, and lost the time of possession battle by nearly 10 minutes. The Colts managed to intercept Mayfield twice and tackled effectively in one-on-one situations -- limiting Kareem Hunt to 72 yards on 20 attempts -- but without Darius Leonard, the Colts lacked the punch they needed to get a road win. Philip Rivers' performance (21/33, 243 yards, two interceptions, 60.5 passer rating) didn't do them many favors, but on Sunday, Indianapolis took a step back from its strong defensive start in the season's first month.

    -- Nick Shook

  • @browns149 said:

    Mri tomorrow.

    Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess. 

    Hopefully our DR can inject it without puncturing a lung

  • Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @barry said:

    Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    I thought they tried once and the backside end prevented it and Baker got flushed the other way. 
     

    It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw.  Second Half they diagnosed things a little better. 

  • Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @barry said:

    Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA.

  • @barry said:

    Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    I thought they tried once and the backside end prevented it and Baker got flushed the other way. 
     

    It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw.  Second Half they diagnosed things a little better. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw.  Second Half they diagnosed things a little better. 

    Not sure about diagnosis vs. design, but in either case I think our increased rushing total in the 2nd half will verify that their D changed.

    That plus it wore down some...

    Also give Stef credit... he anticipated our run difficulties early and opened things up to counter... with just enough running sprinkled in to keep them honest.

    Nice game-plan...

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I was surprised that Keenum didn't come in to replace Baker.  'Cos Baker was hurt.  

    Nice run by D'Earnest Johnson to seal the win!  I've liked what I've seen of him since the beginning, last year.  But he IS noticeably slower than Chubb & Hunt. 

    Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes.  He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.

    Very nice win.  30+ points again.  We've been saying that we'll need to score a lot to cover the D.  And fortunately, they're doing it.

    The Red Carpet rolled out for Higgins today.  -  was good to see.

    Nice win Browns!

  • I was surprised that Keenum didn't come in to replace Baker.  'Cos Baker was hurt.  

    Nice run by D'Earnest Johnson to seal the win!  I've liked what I've seen of him since the beginning, last year.  But he IS noticeably slower than Chubb & Hunt. 

    Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes.  He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.

    Very nice win.  30+ points again.  We've been saying that we'll need to score a lot to cover the D.  And fortunately, they're doing it.

    The Red Carpet rolled out for Higgins today.  -  was good to see.

    Nice win Browns!

    BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes.  He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.

    Jake Burns noticed that it usually happens when there is a congested pocket and Baker has to step up and throw "over the top".

    In addition to that my gut feeling is that whenever Baker feels the pressure he thinks he has to get the ball out not only faster but with more juice on it.

  • @barry said:

    Anyone else wondering why they got away from rolling out Baker in the 2nd half?

    Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919

    @tour2ma said:

    Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA

    Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers. 

    Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA

    Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers. 

    Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers. 

    Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows. 

    That's one of the best things, and it tells you that we have at least a decent team. The 1-15 and 0-16 years we lost games because EVERYTHING had to go our way to win a game. This team can win games having some setbacks. 

  • @icecube said:

    Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess. 

    Hopefully our DR can inject it without puncturing a lung

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Hopefully our DR can inject it without puncturing a lung

    I thought of that.