***Browns VS Colts GAMEDAY Thread***
-
I didn’t realize how fortunate we were with that Peppers 20 yard centerfield- prevention of 20 yard plus plays. You don’t know whatcha got until its gone.
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
That’s my one and only complaint tonight. We battled hard. The Offense first half and Defense second half put together some great tape.
Joni Mitchell >> SendejoCounting Crows >>>>> Sendejo
not even getting musical here talking football centerfield talent
-
Vag I like you being on this board. You are solid as a poster and usually aren’t a nuisance.
Now you've done it...
Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...
Welcome to the club...
Now you've done it...
Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...
Welcome to the club...
No, you are the only Steeler sperm slurper here. TB 50 is just being cordial. I am often cordial. But I stick up for my team against the Yinzers. You never do.
Memo to Tour: We have these things called "rivalries". That means you do not give quarter to opposing rivals fans. Just once try not being a Quisling.
-
Credit is due to Kevin Stefanski, who appears to be in complete control of his team's offense in his first season as head coach. We'll see how well they perform in a key early divisional meeting next week.
3) For a team that entered Sunday touted as perhaps the best defense in the NFL, the Colts didn't perform to such a lofty standard. Indianapolis surrendered 385 yards of total offense, allowed Cleveland to convert 10 of 17 third-down attempts, and lost the time of possession battle by nearly 10 minutes. The Colts managed to intercept Mayfield twice and tackled effectively in one-on-one situations -- limiting Kareem Hunt to 72 yards on 20 attempts -- but without Darius Leonard, the Colts lacked the punch they needed to get a road win. Philip Rivers' performance (21/33, 243 yards, two interceptions, 60.5 passer rating) didn't do them many favors, but on Sunday, Indianapolis took a step back from its strong defensive start in the season's first month.
-- Nick Shook
-
Mri tomorrow.
Probably a bruise, which sounds mild, but I've had them twice, and it sure didn't feel mild. But, he'll be good to go next week is my guess.
-
-
It looked like the Colts came out begging us to throw. Second Half they diagnosed things a little better.
Not sure about diagnosis vs. design, but in either case I think our increased rushing total in the 2nd half will verify that their D changed.
That plus it wore down some...
Also give Stef credit... he anticipated our run difficulties early and opened things up to counter... with just enough running sprinkled in to keep them honest.
Nice game-plan...
-
I was surprised that Keenum didn't come in to replace Baker. 'Cos Baker was hurt.
Nice run by D'Earnest Johnson to seal the win! I've liked what I've seen of him since the beginning, last year. But he IS noticeably slower than Chubb & Hunt.
Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes. He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.
Very nice win. 30+ points again. We've been saying that we'll need to score a lot to cover the D. And fortunately, they're doing it.
The Red Carpet rolled out for Higgins today. - was good to see.
Nice win Browns!
-
I was surprised that Keenum didn't come in to replace Baker. 'Cos Baker was hurt.
Nice run by D'Earnest Johnson to seal the win! I've liked what I've seen of him since the beginning, last year. But he IS noticeably slower than Chubb & Hunt.
Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes. He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.
Very nice win. 30+ points again. We've been saying that we'll need to score a lot to cover the D. And fortunately, they're doing it.
The Red Carpet rolled out for Higgins today. - was good to see.
Nice win Browns!
Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes. He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.
Jake Burns noticed that it usually happens when there is a congested pocket and Baker has to step up and throw "over the top".
In addition to that my gut feeling is that whenever Baker feels the pressure he thinks he has to get the ball out not only faster but with more juice on it.
-
Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA
Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers.
Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows.
-
Looked to me like the Colt backside quit biting on the PA
Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers.
Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows.
Yep. The DE's were staying with Baker and really charged him. We actually did ok in the second half, more than people think. The two Jarvis drops were essentially turnovers.
Man, I can't get over the kickoff return for a TD. We had so many problems covering kicks a few weeks ago and I figured we had it sorted. I mean, only the Browns could make the biggest play of the game and give up a kickoff return! Lmao. But you know what? It didn't break us. Baker's two picks didn't break us, and neither did the two Jarvis drops. We're tough, and it shows.
That's one of the best things, and it tells you that we have at least a decent team. The 1-15 and 0-16 years we lost games because EVERYTHING had to go our way to win a game. This team can win games having some setbacks.
-
Hopefully our DR can inject it without puncturing a lung
I thought of that.
-
Baker misses high on a lot of his missed passes. He hasn't demonstrated the accuracy that he supposedly has.
Jake Burns noticed that it usually happens when there is a congested pocket and Baker has to step up and throw "over the top".
In addition to that my gut feeling is that whenever Baker feels the pressure he thinks he has to get the ball out not only faster but with more juice on it.
Jake Burns noticed that it usually happens when there is a congested pocket and Baker has to step up and throw "over the top".
In addition to that my gut feeling is that whenever Baker feels the pressure he thinks he has to get the ball out not only faster but with more juice on it.
Yea, but I see progression, finally. He's getting more comfortable. Everyone is.
-
4-1.
huge win.
beat Pittsburgh. We are in this goddamn thing. Go browns.
it certainly wasn’t pretty but the 1 st half win this game for them
4-1.
huge win.
beat Pittsburgh. We are in this goddamn thing. Go browns.
it certainly wasn’t pretty but the 1 st half win this game for them
I'm convinced. This team is for real!
-
Now you've done it...
Gip's gonna call you a "dicksucker", too...
Welcome to the club...
No, you are the only Steeler sperm slurper here. TB 50 is just being cordial. I am often cordial. But I stick up for my team against the Yinzers. You never do.
Memo to Tour: We have these things called "rivalries". That means you do not give quarter to opposing rivals fans. Just once try not being a Quisling.
Memo to Tour: We have these things called "rivalries". That means you do not give quarter to opposing rivals fans. Just once try not being a Quisling.
My wife could not understand how I could possibly be so happy when A&M first defeats #4 Florida and then Texas loses to OU in 4 overtimes. She thought it cruel I would want Texas to have their hearts broken when our best friend whose brother is barely surviving COVID in ICU is a big Texas supporter and UT grad. All I could say is that when it's in-bred to want an old rival to lose no matter what, there is just nothing you can do but continue tradition. I still have no idea why that disgusted her.? But then she is Cornell. She wouldn't get it unless maybe it was Havaad losing to Yale or some such nonsense. LOL!? I had to come back later and add on that whenever Texas wins and A&M loses, our poor son gets flack from all his non-grad Texas fans this close to Asstin and that it made me happy he could give them shit now too.?
PS-I held back on my ace in the hole however. I could have added that I had to go from 1956 to 1967 watching Texas beat us every year in between and that I was owed back for a decade of enduring gloating from my non-grad Texas asshole loving cousins. I'm sure she would have loved me for that one.?
-
Didn't sleep too well last night and it's going to be a long ass day but victory Monday will power me through! Well, that and coffee. Definitely coffee. And no matter how bad I feel, it's not as bad as our special teams coach is going to feel after Stefanski is done with him. ?
-
Baker Mayfield’s rib x-rays were negativeX-rays on #Browns QB Baker Mayfield's ribs were negative. He said he'd be ready for next week in Pittsburgh.
?.. On to the Pen in PA.. -
I'm glad Baker will be ready, but I don't think half of our defense will be playing. Teller also has a calf strain, and those typically don't heal quickly. I know when I did mine, they took several weeks, and if I came back too early, it would strain again. Ronnie Harrison has a concussion, so he's out next week (probably). Philips went down with another knee injury, so he's probably out. Ogunjobi MIGHT play, but he and Sheldon are banged up. Vernon played decently yesterday but he also left with a groin injury, and I'd be shocked if he played.
Those are just the ones I can think of, and I'm probably missing somebody. We're in very bad shape right now and we've got the damn Steelers next week.
-
To not assume it’s forward progress and that’s a live play is absolutely terrible reffing. No reason it shouldn’t even be reviewed.
Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!
I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.
Sendejo got cAught looking and missed the deep over.
Seems to me that both of our Safeties were signed and start for their banging and run support, and that for at least 2020 we are willing to give up some coverage skills to get them.
Far fetched?
Ah, but put the same scenario near the goalline with Hunt stretching to break the plane and we'd all be be yelling how he was not down/stopped and TOUCHDOWN!
I think we got lucky and that the Indy owner gets an apology letter this coming week.
I mean sure, but fundamentally I would make the same case. I think they bailed us out cause they knew they messed up not granting forward progress and play dead. He was not moving for nearly 2 seconds from the time of being "on the ground" to the "fumble".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

