Skip to content

***Browns VS Colts GAMEDAY Thread***

The Browns Board
207 33 3.9k
  • Note that Harrison did get the start - for Joseph rather than the somehow-still-in-the-NFL Sendejo - but he got a Q2 concussion. Enter Redwine.

  • Great win against a quality team. I DOnt remember many games against good teams where the coaching edge was so advantageous to our Brownies. Stefanski does create opportunity against different styles of D. Pittsburgh will be a different challenge again.. 

  • Great win against a quality team. I DOnt remember many games against good teams where the coaching edge was so advantageous to our Brownies. Stefanski does create opportunity against different styles of D. Pittsburgh will be a different challenge again.. 

    @lambdo said:

    Great win against a quality team. I DOnt remember many games against good teams where the coaching edge was so advantageous to our Brownies. Stefanski does create opportunity against different styles of D. Pittsburgh will be a different challenge again.. 

    How nice was it to run the clock out and end the game on a FG? We didn't even have to WORRY about our tired defense coming back out there. When's the last time we did THAT shit? Man I loved it.  D'Ernest had that one run to the left and we DID IT. Fudge yes. 

  • Whoa... LVR just went ahead of KC... 24-21... long TD Carr to Jeudy

    @tour2ma said:

    Whoa... LVR just went ahead of KC... 24-21... long TD Carr to Jeudy

    I got seriously honked off Tour. When the Bengals game was over, CBS decided to give us "bonus" coverage of that game, until it ended. Grrrrr...  Had to turn on the radio, missed the  first couple  minutes. Wasn't on Sunday ticket either because it was an OTA broadcast  locally.  

    @vagitron said:

    So if you watched this entire game and felt the steelers got preferential treatment you are on something special. I agree the steelers got one early. The officiating beyond that point was just down right bad and several times fucked the steelers. The Steelers getting favorable calls is only a opposing fan base viewpoint. The refs are just bad across the board for everyone. 

    Ben also has zero issue throwing down field, but the eagle d-line is legit. 

    See you  Sunday,  it should be a good one.

    @tinythinker said:

    Browns 4-1?

    *checks to see the last time they started 4-1*

    How many Browns fans weren't even born in 1994?

  • @lambdo said:

    Great win against a quality team. I DOnt remember many games against good teams where the coaching edge was so advantageous to our Brownies. Stefanski does create opportunity against different styles of D. Pittsburgh will be a different challenge again.. 

    How nice was it to run the clock out and end the game on a FG? We didn't even have to WORRY about our tired defense coming back out there. When's the last time we did THAT shit? Man I loved it.  D'Ernest had that one run to the left and we DID IT. Fudge yes. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    How nice was it to run the clock out and end the game on a FG? We didn't even have to WORRY about our tired defense coming back out there. When's the last time we did THAT shit? Man I loved it.  D'Ernest had that one run to the left and we DID IT. Fudge yes. 

    Except Cody Par-kay boinked that last one to make it interesting.  Tour and me were down in Miami when he wasn't so lucky. I hope that was an aberration because he's been  decent so far.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Whoa... LVR just went ahead of KC... 24-21... long TD Carr to Jeudy

    I got seriously honked off Tour. When the Bengals game was over, CBS decided to give us "bonus" coverage of that game, until it ended. Grrrrr...  Had to turn on the radio, missed the  first couple  minutes. Wasn't on Sunday ticket either because it was an OTA broadcast  locally.  

    @vagitron said:

    So if you watched this entire game and felt the steelers got preferential treatment you are on something special. I agree the steelers got one early. The officiating beyond that point was just down right bad and several times fucked the steelers. The Steelers getting favorable calls is only a opposing fan base viewpoint. The refs are just bad across the board for everyone. 

    Ben also has zero issue throwing down field, but the eagle d-line is legit. 

    See you  Sunday,  it should be a good one.

    @tinythinker said:

    Browns 4-1?

    *checks to see the last time they started 4-1*

    How many Browns fans weren't even born in 1994?

    @hoorta said:

    How many Browns fans weren't even born in 1994?

    I was born in 1993, lol. 

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    4-1.

    huge win. 
     

    beat Pittsburgh. We are in this goddamn thing. Go browns. 
     

    it certainly wasn’t pretty but the 1 st half win this game for them 

    I'm convinced. This team is for real!

    @gorka said:

    I'm convinced. This team is for real!

    i sure am glad that they went with rivers....stupid move....brissett is a much better qb.....rivers reminds me of ole peyton when he won that sb with denver....ole noodle arm...that is where rivers is now.....dumb fo move on their part...

  • I can't stop thinking about how we're winning despite not playing complete football games. I mean, we're playing good football, don't get me wrong, but in years past something like that kickoff return would have just sank us. Or Baker's 2 picks? Yeah, game over for sure. And at the end? I can't hardly remember a time when we ran out the effing clock! How great was THAT shit? Our defense gassed, Kareem Hunt cramping, the script written, Browns fans everywhere thinking they've seen this film before....BUT NO! 

    "Paging D'Ernest Johnson, D'Ernest Johnson, would you please come to the 30 yard line? Your team needs you to win the game." 

    That lead against Dallas? Yeah, that would have been toast. The OBJ reverse nothing but a warm thought on a dreary Monday morning as we looked back at the missed opportunities. How about the Bengals game? After getting stuffed on 4th down at the goal line, we NEVER would've gotten that strip sack and then punched it in. They would have driven down the field and taken the lead. Sure as shit.

    How about the Washington game? We lose the lead in the 3rd quarter against a subpar team. Years past, we fold. But not now. Baker hits OBJ over the middle on a gigantic 3rd and 12 and we roll on. Remember a couple of years ago at Oakland when Chubb got the 1st down but the refs took it away from us? We were still up 8 but guess what happened? You know what happened. Oakland drives down the field in about 45 seconds and scores a touchdown and obviously gets the 2 point conversion (I do believe in our history we've NEVER stopped a 2 point conversion. Wtf?) 

    My point is that we're finally winning games and making plays when they matter. We're overcoming injuries, big negative plays, and we're staying away from penalties. Our QB was 2-8 for 19 yards and 2 picks in the 2nd half against a 3-1 team and we won by 9 points. 

    Regardless of what happens this week, we're a solid team that is starting to believe. Eat it up Browns fans, you've waited long enough. 

  • @gorka said:

    I'm convinced. This team is for real!

    i sure am glad that they went with rivers....stupid move....brissett is a much better qb.....rivers reminds me of ole peyton when he won that sb with denver....ole noodle arm...that is where rivers is now.....dumb fo move on their part...

    @browns52 said:

    i sure am glad that they went with rivers....stupid move....brissett is a much better qb.....rivers reminds me of ole peyton when he won that sb with denver....ole noodle arm...that is where rivers is now.....dumb fo move on their part...

    Payton wasn't throwing as many interceptions a game as Rivers has thrown the past 2 plus years. Get him off his spot like Garrett was doing to him and sooner or later he tosses one up for grabs or misses the defender being too close. His game has really deteriorated and he should have retired last year.

  • @browns52 said:

    i sure am glad that they went with rivers....stupid move....brissett is a much better qb.....rivers reminds me of ole peyton when he won that sb with denver....ole noodle arm...that is where rivers is now.....dumb fo move on their part...

    Payton wasn't throwing as many interceptions a game as Rivers has thrown the past 2 plus years. Get him off his spot like Garrett was doing to him and sooner or later he tosses one up for grabs or misses the defender being too close. His game has really deteriorated and he should have retired last year.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Payton wasn't throwing as many interceptions a game as Rivers has thrown the past 2 plus years. Get him off his spot like Garrett was doing to him and sooner or later he tosses one up for grabs or misses the defender being too close. His game has really deteriorated and he should have retired last year.

    Well, I don't know.  It was good enough for him to take his team to a 3-1 record coming into this game.   The hope is that the Browns defense can make BR look as bad as Rivers. 

  • The Steelers have played some straight up NASTY defenses so far. ?

    browns have a better offense than Pitt

    pitt has a better D than the browns.

    match made in heaven. I will say this, turnovers win on Sunday. The browns happen to be leading the league in turnovers and total offense, FWIW. 
     

    the colts have a top 5 D, all we heard all last week was how good the D was. Then what happened? 
     

    it’s too bad the browns sucked for so long. Boomer said it best “the NFL is better when the browns are relevant”

  • Btw, you guys probably noticed, but we had a brilliant red zone play that should have scored but we ended up with a FG I think. Remember our first drive when we handed off to our FB and he went the other direction? There was a HUGE hole there and he tripped on our lineman's foot. He literally tripped on his own guy or he barrels into the end zone. It was a gorgeous play design too! I'm telling you, I adore this coach. I know he was burning up over that play because we set that up for WEEKS. Oh well...can't have them all. ?

  • Btw, you guys probably noticed, but we had a brilliant red zone play that should have scored but we ended up with a FG I think. Remember our first drive when we handed off to our FB and he went the other direction? There was a HUGE hole there and he tripped on our lineman's foot. He literally tripped on his own guy or he barrels into the end zone. It was a gorgeous play design too! I'm telling you, I adore this coach. I know he was burning up over that play because we set that up for WEEKS. Oh well...can't have them all. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Btw, you guys probably noticed, but we had a brilliant red zone play that should have scored but we ended up with a FG I think. Remember our first drive when we handed off to our FB and he went the other direction? There was a HUGE hole there and he tripped on our lineman's foot. He literally tripped on his own guy or he barrels into the end zone. It was a gorgeous play design too! I'm telling you, I adore this coach. I know he was burning up over that play because we set that up for WEEKS. Oh well...can't have them all. ?

    Good call on that jiggins, that was a good-looking misdirection that was close to breaking for a touchdown. 

    Man alive, I dig having a fullback again. 

  • Btw, you guys probably noticed, but we had a brilliant red zone play that should have scored but we ended up with a FG I think. Remember our first drive when we handed off to our FB and he went the other direction? There was a HUGE hole there and he tripped on our lineman's foot. He literally tripped on his own guy or he barrels into the end zone. It was a gorgeous play design too! I'm telling you, I adore this coach. I know he was burning up over that play because we set that up for WEEKS. Oh well...can't have them all. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh well...can't have them all. ?

    Why not?

    Lord knows we've gone without for a very long time...