Skip to content

Dak Prescott suffers a severe..... compound ankle fracture

The Browns Board
50 21 841 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The Cowboys still won on a last second field goal 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Compound fracture... looked like some spiraling was likely to my eye. So pins and wire will be employed.

    Big question is how much and what soft tissue was damaged in the break and/or will be cut during the surgery. There's where the recovery time is involved, not the break itself.

    Good luck, Dak... see you somewhere in 2021.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    And interestingly enough in comes the redhead to strike two long sideline throws with WR feet just in bounds to set up the winning FG. Could not do that in Cincy, but does it his first chance in Dallas.?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Andy still has some game left in him...

    Gonna screw up Jerrah's Trevor drream...

    Kid looked good last nite... I mean he's no Mond, but he looked pretty good... WHOOP! 😉

  • Andy still has some game left in him...

    Gonna screw up Jerrah's Trevor drream...

    Kid looked good last nite... I mean he's no Mond, but he looked pretty good... WHOOP! 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Andy still has some game left in him...

    Gonna screw up Jerrah's Trevor drream...

    Kid looked good last nite... I mean he's no Mond, but he looked pretty good... WHOOP! 😉

    Jets, Giants, Falcons all still winless.   But would they be in QB market if they had #1?

    Jags at 1-4 still primary in contention for Trevor.    Cowboys in first place in NFCE...why would they have #1 overall pick dreams?  

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #15

    fuck him who cares

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    USA TODAY SPORTS.......ARLINGTON, Texas — The ambulance was ready as Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott was carted off the field, tears streaming down his face.

    Prescott was transported to a local hospital immediately and is scheduled to undergo surgery Sunday night for a compound ankle fracture and dislocation he suffered in a win against the Giants.

    The gruesome injury occurred in the third quarter when Prescott scrambled 9 yards left, tangling with Giants defensive back Logan Ryan on Ryan’s tackle. Prescott’s right leg was turned out as he sat, devastated, near the left sideline of the red zone. The stadium went quiet as players attempted to process the injury to the quarterback who had started 68 straight games since Dallas selected him in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL draft.

    “It’s tough,” draft classmate and running back Ezekiel Elliott said. “You see how durable he’s been throughout his whole career, and how tough. It sucks to see a warrior go down like that.”

    Prescott was treated with sterile dressing on site before surgery to wash the wound and fix the fracture.

    Even Giants coordinator Jason Garrett, Prescott’s coach for the quarterback's first four years, approached Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy to express his remorse.......

  • fuck him who cares

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #17

    As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

    @atom said:

    fuck him who cares

    Football fans... I, among them.

    WTF are you?

  • As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

    @atom said:

    fuck him who cares

    Football fans... I, among them.

    WTF are you?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

    Football fans... I, among them.

    WTF are you?

    Not good to have good players injured.   But I am not going to cry for that team Argentina.

    No one cries for us when it happens.

  • @tour2ma said:

    As for a possible quick recovery... the ankle dislocated as well. And that is very bad news.

    Football fans... I, among them.

    WTF are you?

    Not good to have good players injured.   But I am not going to cry for that team Argentina.

    No one cries for us when it happens.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    Not good to have good players injured.   But I am not going to cry for that team Argentina.

    No one cries for us when it happens.

    It's part of a very tough game......and he has a fully guaranteed one year franchise tag for $31.5M to make him feel better.

    I wish Dak a quick recovery fracture/dislocations can be tough.  I had one in my neck and ended up with permanent fused vertebrae and wires and that was 34 years ago.

    Professional football leaves many as the walking wounded when they are done but most all say they'd do it again.

    It is a tough game.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Just saw a video.. You'd wish that to happen to no one... Good Luck, Dak and get the hell out of Dallas..

    Somehow, he'll get blamed for hiring the coaching staff & their decisions also.. What a weird negotiating deal this will become.. Get life well first & Good Luck Dak

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I don't care much for the Cowboys, but you can like a guy like Dak. Humble, plays with a lot of heart, my heart sank watching him in tears getting carted off the field. I was lucky enough not to see the injury happen. Hope he comes back strong from this.

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #22

    They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious. 

    I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins. 

  • fuck him who cares

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @atom said:

    fuck him who cares

    Everybody see this post?

    This is an ideal example of why it's sometimes best to just shut the fuck up.

  • @atom said:

    fuck him who cares

    Everybody see this post?

    This is an ideal example of why it's sometimes best to just shut the fuck up.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #24

    @tiamat63 said:

    Everybody see this post?

    This is an ideal example of why it's sometimes best to just shut the fuck up.

    As my father would say "He has lost an incredible opportunity to remain silent". 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Everybody see this post?

    This is an ideal example of why it's sometimes best to just shut the fuck up.

    As my father would say "He has lost an incredible opportunity to remain silent". 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nero said:

    As my father would say "He has lost an incredibly opportunity to remain silent". 

    I'm gonna have to remember that one. Especially might even work after 50+ years of marriage, cause somehow I just keep blowin' it.?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #26

     - The always good Dr.Sutterer.

  • fuck him who cares

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @atom said:

    fuck him who cares

    Wow,,, Classy...  Let's hope your favorite player doesn't get whacked...

  •  - The always good Dr.Sutterer.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @unsympathetic said:

     - The always good Dr.Sutterer.

    Oooohhhh, from Dr Frankenstein but a good analysis of what happened and how it happened.

    Best of luck to Dak on his rehab.

  • They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious. 

    I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @icecube said:

    They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious. 

    I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins. 

    So?  You think Dalton will be able to win better than Prescott?  I don't know about that there.  Though, he may have enough to carry the Cowboys in that piss poor division.