Dak Prescott suffers a severe..... compound ankle fracture
-
- The always good Dr.Sutterer.
- The always good Dr.Sutterer.Oooohhhh, from Dr Frankenstein but a good analysis of what happened and how it happened.
Best of luck to Dak on his rehab.
-
They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious.
I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins.
They are saying bones were sticking out of skin....that's serious.
I don't care if I don't root for the Cowboys, that sucks. All indications are that he's a really good dude. But I'd be OK with the Red Rifle doing well. Dak was putting up crazy #s but not winning so much. Watch Andy start stacking wins.
So? You think Dalton will be able to win better than Prescott? I don't know about that there. Though, he may have enough to carry the Cowboys in that piss poor division.
-
-
I don't care much for the Cowboys, but you can like a guy like Dak. Humble, plays with a lot of heart, my heart sank watching him in tears getting carted off the field. I was lucky enough not to see the injury happen. Hope he comes back strong from this.
... my heart sank watching him in tears getting carted off the field.
Ditto... and impression I got was that it was disappointment fueling the tears, not pain.
Contrast those tears with his sheer joy in catching his first TD pass earlier in the game.
I feel for Dak more than most players.... even Browns... because I followed hm in college and saw his year to year development. I became "invested" in him more than I have most any other collegiate player I can think of. He was my QB sleeper in that Draft Class....
I wanted us to draft him... badly. To see him go to DAL, a team I despise, hurt. To see his continued progress as a pro made me proud.
The kid has grit. He'll be back.
-
I'm not a Dak fan.. But it's obvious he's a great kid.. A motivator.. Works extremely hard... I don't care if your black , purple or whatevs... This kid is one helluva roll model for all young kids... And for adults too for that matter.. He's a class act... Everyone should root hard for a complete com back....
-
Felt terrible for the guy. He's been playing lights out putting that whole crappy team on his back. His raw emotion on the cart really tugged at the old heartstrings. Hope he can come back next season strong but damn. That was rough.
-
That triple sucks; playing on a one year franchise tag deal. Now this. Just awful. But hopefully it's not season-ending, it's his ankle not knee or a Achile's .
That triple sucks; playing on a one year franchise tag deal. Now this. Just awful. But hopefully it's not season-ending, it's his ankle not knee or a Achile's .
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
-
That triple sucks; playing on a one year franchise tag deal. Now this. Just awful. But hopefully it's not season-ending, it's his ankle not knee or a Achile's .
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
It'll be a good two years before he's 100% again... That's a nasty injury...
-
-
Just hope he still gets his pay day that should have come this year. This is why these guys push so hard for guaranteed money in contracts. Jerry better do right by him and give him the deal he's earned, unless the guy can never play again (which I doubt). Not saying he should get Mahomes money, but no reason for him not get the $30 mil plus.
-
... my heart sank watching him in tears getting carted off the field.
Ditto... and impression I got was that it was disappointment fueling the tears, not pain.
Contrast those tears with his sheer joy in catching his first TD pass earlier in the game.
I feel for Dak more than most players.... even Browns... because I followed hm in college and saw his year to year development. I became "invested" in him more than I have most any other collegiate player I can think of. He was my QB sleeper in that Draft Class....
I wanted us to draft him... badly. To see him go to DAL, a team I despise, hurt. To see his continued progress as a pro made me proud.
The kid has grit. He'll be back.
-
-
There's something about Dak the man that I have always liked... just seems like an everyday dude.
Heal up quick Dak, and force Jerry to open his wallet or watch you go win for someone else.
-
That triple sucks; playing on a one year franchise tag deal. Now this. Just awful. But hopefully it's not season-ending, it's his ankle not knee or a Achile's .
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
Oh, he did more than "break something." He had bones jutting out from his skin. This is a major injury. I feel for the guy.
-
Nope, even if he didn't "break" anything, if you could stomach the doc video- Dak obviously tore up every major ligament in his ankle. Tour's right, they'll at least put a few screws in to stabilize it. He's going to be using one of those leg scooters for months.
Oh, he did more than "break something." He had bones jutting out from his skin. This is a major injury. I feel for the guy.
He had bones jutting out from his skin. This is a major injury. I
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
-
He had bones jutting out from his skin. This is a major injury. I
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
That's good news.
-
He had bones jutting out from his skin. This is a major injury. I
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
-
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
It's really amazing what sports medicine and rehab can do in recent years. They can rehab nasty injuries now and actually be better and stronger than before the injury in a lot of professional sports.
I also think the recent insanely high salaries have given more incentive to get these star athletes back on the field.
It will be interesting to watch Dak's progress on his ankle.
-
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
I saw it now and it was VERY ugly, and I have seen gruesome medical pictures too...
-
A compound fracture is uglier to be sure, but not meaningfully worse than the break itself. Any torn muscle and skin heals faster than the break... which "knits" in days and is largely healed in 6 weeks.
What makes this major is the dislocation of the ankle. Tendons and ligaments stretched, torn, spagettied... that takes a lot of rehab.
Schefty just announced on NFL Live that Dak's already been released from the hospital and is home. Expected rehab time... six months... plenty fast enough to play for pay next year.
I just hope that ankle doesn't wind up looking like Alex Smith's leg.... I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
Speaking of Smith's injury & rehab. They had a special on it (believe it was ESPN). After watching it, I'm amazed the guy can even walk, much less play professional football. For those who don't know, I saw plenty of blood and gore in my hospital years going to the ER for traumas. 70mph motorcycle wrecks, and a guy getting run over by a train. I'd put Smith's post injury pictures easily in the 10 worst I've ever seen. His leg almost rotted off....
I partially tore ligaments in my ankle years ago, and the thing swelled up like a balloon.
I was a pretty fair volleyball player back in my day. Trained with a former Olympian who ran the women's team at the Painesville Y. I was eager for intramural V-ball to start my Senior year at Case, but couldn't get the rest of the team to commit to practice so I joined our V-ball club. Went to my first practice with them and it was a serious workout.
Anywho during a block/spike drill I was getting paired against a "hot shot" who was 3+" taller than me and I was stuffing him and passing him regularly. After about my fifth block he landed under the net and my left foot came down on the outside of his right. My ankle quickly swelled to the size of a softball. I hobbled across the street from the gym with an assist to the University Hospital ER.
On call Doc looked at it and said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."
An hour later he said, "I have bad news. It did not break."
I was on two crutches for 8 weeks and one crutch for another two.
And that was my good ankle... the right got rolled up pretty good in HS football.
I still suspect the hot shot did it on purpose.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
