STEELER WEEK!
-
* WEEK 6 * Ok the AFCN shakeout is on and all games are unfortunately at 1 pm.
BAL -7.5 at PHI -and-. CIN +8.5 at IND on the undercard and then the main event,. Cleveland opened at +5.5 now +4.5 at Pittsburgh after the INDY game results.
For all of the lines from our friends at vegasinsider.com see. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=892
I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX. By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative.
) So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.
Greedy has not been around all year at all. Teller, yes, is big in the run game. But "day to day" on a Monday means he should be ready by the following Sunday.
Greedy to IR yup... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season
Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.
You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.
I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX. By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative.
) So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.
Greedy to IR yup... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season
Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.
You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.
So? It is no longer politically correct round here to plant facials on Steeler fans?
What kind of snowflakes have we become that we catch bitch slap stupid Steeler fans? Yes, I pull the wings off that little fly, mostly time in an attempt to counter his absolute homerism. Some of the the time in jest, sometimes in earnest. But, seriously....when did this become the place for the limp wristed? .
-
Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air.
Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:
NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)
Denver ranked #29
Houston ranked #30
Philly ranked #18
The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game
Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:
NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)
Denver ranked #29
Houston ranked #30
Philly ranked #18
The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game
His counter arguement, not that I fully buy it necessarily , could be that those teams are so low rated because they had to pay their defense. To a very small extent that is true. But the Steeler's were only one of like 5 defenses those teams had to play....so they were bad against everyone, not just them.
-
As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).
The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
Is anyone else going to counter this purile BS....or is it left up to me. You all have at it.
-
@vagitron said:
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
Yep, it certainly is.
In regards to the game, my main concern is the Steelers speed on offense vs our secondary. I also worry about the officiating- funny things happen in Steeler home games.
Also, Baker has to be the guy we saw in the 1st half yesterday. I do think it will be tough to run on the Steelers, but they'll continue to try.
Question.....did James Connor ever find a better barber? ?
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Ben is not better than Rivers. They are very close. Ben HAS had better coaching than Rivers, better surrounding players than Rivers for the most part, much, much better defenses to play with than Rivers over the years. . Rivers stats are better. And, I don't know about him not losing his game. The jury is still out there. He has become a dinker/dunker for the most part. So far his yards per attempt and yards per catch are at the lowest of his career, except for his injury year last year....and his ypc is helped tremendously by a lot of YAC....even then, he still has the lowest numbers in his career in those areas....but his completion pct. is at its best...courtesy of the 3-5 yard passes.
But, hey, if that is what he can do, and it works.....as it seems to be doing, then by all means go with the flow.
And, by the way, it is likely good strategy vs. the Browns. Our LBs who would have a lot of the responsibility for covering those dinks and dunks and not letting them good much YAC...are really kind of bad at that.
-
As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).
The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
There was a damn good reason we got routed by the Ravens. Call it essentially no team practices and no preseason in a new system. The schedule makers did the Browns no favors playing the Division champs on the road for the opener. OTOH, Ravens were able to hit the ground running. Baker in his 4th? offensive system. The bold is straight homerism.... BTW, PFF currently has Bush with a sub 60 rating, that means sort of sucky....
Is anyone else going to counter this purile BS....or is it left up to me. You all have at it.
Done....
-
Ben leading the league in time to get rid of the ball. He's not taking the hits and throwin quick. I hope we gameplan accordingly
Ben leading the league in time to get rid of the ball. He's not taking the hits and throwin quick. I hope we gameplan accordingly
Indeed. He is mainly just grabbing it and shooting it out with all those short passes. He needs to do that so as not to get sacked, as he is now as immobile as Rivers is. He will want no part of holding the ball more than like 3 seconds as he will not want to give Garrett the chance to get at him. Again, a fair an appropriate approach on his part. Let's just hope our LBs and DBs can do a better job of coverage on all those short crossing routes they are going to run.
-
Ben leading the league in time to get rid of the ball. He's not taking the hits and throwin quick. I hope we gameplan accordingly
Ben leading the league in time to get rid of the ball. He's not taking the hits and throwin quick. I hope we gameplan accordingly
We need to shed blocks and tackle well on the perimeter.
The Colts had a quick WR screen early that worked well and I was thinking here we go...and they didn’t go back to it. The Steelers utilize it a handful of times each game
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
Why are you repeating a post?.
And yes, I have had that problem at times, and at other times it comes on properly. Dunno what's going on.
I am going to be gone for 2 weeks this month. If it comes out that way on my phone, you won't be hearing from me.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
-
As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).
The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
- The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
- I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
- I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
- The Texans weren't playing for BillO... the Iggles D is decent but their OL is a hot mess... Our OL? Anything but... and if Teller is a go fuggedaboutit...
- Not saying it'll be easy... but we will run on you. Book it. Buck-forty min...
- Last year is last year, but since you brought it up you were 14th in rushing yards allowed. Where your D shone was in takeaways.
- Yes, we got handled by BLT, but Stef hadn't figured out our O at that point. Remember new system, precious little camp and no preseason. We are starting to get it now.
- If you play everyone you listed at once, then I'm pretty sure that'll draw a flag.
- The Ravens' D (5th in rushing yards allowed) was better than your D (14th) against the run last year and I suspect they still are. And as I intimated above we've had our preseason now.
- Downplay? Moi? Just supplying a lil reality check.
- You've not seen an OL like ours this year. It's really good and with Teller in the lineup it's borderline great. Just ask PFF...
- I expect a slugfest. I am concerned (I save my worrying for life-important things). My concern doesn't mean we won't run on you, we will... we have to... Ben can't hurt us from the sideline... that's our recipe this year and it's the best D we have to bring to your house. Plus it sets up our play-action attack. Does Joe still like to peek?
-
What is this "bias" of which you speak? And how do I get some?

-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
Is there a point you are trying to make here?
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
It is a waste of your time only because you want to spend your time finding someone to swallow your horseshit....and you know I ain't that guy. The Problem is you never say 2+2=4. You always say that .5+.5+.5+.5 = the best/greatest number 2 on earth. And what it is is just a pile of No. 2.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login