STEELER WEEK!
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
This message board is also totally fucked if you are on your phone. I don't know who needs to know that these days but it's borderline unusable.
Why are you repeating a post?.
And yes, I have had that problem at times, and at other times it comes on properly. Dunno what's going on.
I am going to be gone for 2 weeks this month. If it comes out that way on my phone, you won't be hearing from me.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
-
As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).
The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
- The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?
- I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers.
- I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well.
- The Texans weren't playing for BillO... the Iggles D is decent but their OL is a hot mess... Our OL? Anything but... and if Teller is a go fuggedaboutit...
- Not saying it'll be easy... but we will run on you. Book it. Buck-forty min...
- Last year is last year, but since you brought it up you were 14th in rushing yards allowed. Where your D shone was in takeaways.
- Yes, we got handled by BLT, but Stef hadn't figured out our O at that point. Remember new system, precious little camp and no preseason. We are starting to get it now.
- If you play everyone you listed at once, then I'm pretty sure that'll draw a flag.
- The Ravens' D (5th in rushing yards allowed) was better than your D (14th) against the run last year and I suspect they still are. And as I intimated above we've had our preseason now.
- Downplay? Moi? Just supplying a lil reality check.
- You've not seen an OL like ours this year. It's really good and with Teller in the lineup it's borderline great. Just ask PFF...
- I expect a slugfest. I am concerned (I save my worrying for life-important things). My concern doesn't mean we won't run on you, we will... we have to... Ben can't hurt us from the sideline... that's our recipe this year and it's the best D we have to bring to your house. Plus it sets up our play-action attack. Does Joe still like to peek?
-
What is this "bias" of which you speak? And how do I get some?

-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
Is there a point you are trying to make here?
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
It is a waste of your time only because you want to spend your time finding someone to swallow your horseshit....and you know I ain't that guy. The Problem is you never say 2+2=4. You always say that .5+.5+.5+.5 = the best/greatest number 2 on earth. And what it is is just a pile of No. 2.
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
Twice as boring, perhaps.....but nevertheless, at twice as boring they are still 10 times more interesting than just about anything you put on here rather than just 20 times. Ben Stein ain't got nothin' on you.
-
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
He most certainly has lost the most effective component of his game. He was a pinball with uncanny elusiveness and then had the ability to throw a perfect dime 50 yards downfield. There is no defense for that kind of ability. The guy could wiggle free from a LB and then shake off a sack from a DE and not lose the ability to find a WR deep and make the throw.
He’s definitely more stationary now and from what I’ve seen thus far this year he’s a distributor in the offense. I recall in the Denver game he had a “tough” throw he had to make in the back corner of the end zone he put it about three yards shy of the WR into the defenders hands (he dropped it).
You’ve pointed out the WR depth. You could argue depth. But There is no Lev Bell in his prime or Antonio Brown in his prime with his head screwed on straight.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
He most certainly has lost the most effective component of his game. He was a pinball with uncanny elusiveness and then had the ability to throw a perfect dime 50 yards downfield. There is no defense for that kind of ability. The guy could wiggle free from a LB and then shake off a sack from a DE and not lose the ability to find a WR deep and make the throw.
He’s definitely more stationary now and from what I’ve seen thus far this year he’s a distributor in the offense. I recall in the Denver game he had a “tough” throw he had to make in the back corner of the end zone he put it about three yards shy of the WR into the defenders hands (he dropped it).
You’ve pointed out the WR depth. You could argue depth. But There is no Lev Bell in his prime or Antonio Brown in his prime with his head screwed on straight.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
-
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
-
Jig you are correct. Perfect on 3rd down.
-
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
I can't quote how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still find his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with alt of motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
It is for the main reason I stated above. A defensive coordinators worst nightmare is the skill trait that Ben once possessed.
You could have dialed up the perfect blitz and You could have a clear shot at the QB and sometimes you are able to take the shot but that’s gone in a second and he scrambles out and makes a throw on the run with his feet barely set after a defensive back is in coverage for 6 plus seconds. 30 years from now If someone asks me about Ben R the football player. That’s the story I’ll tell.
Do any Browns fans need to be reminded how many times this has happened over the years?Could we see it once or twice this year- I guess. Weekly - no.
“EASIER” to defend yes
-
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
Not sure on the numbers but impressive nonetheless and something we need to be concerned about for sure.
But most were Down and distance favorable and these aren’t difficult throws. -
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
They are easier to defend now than they were when they had Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown, and when BR was more mobile. If you do not think BR is less mobile then you are apparently not watching your own team's games. Connor cannot come close to Bell. And while it seems that there is a fair fleet of receivers there, there is no AB. Claypool had a game. A game does not a season make...or a career.
-
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login