STEELER WEEK!
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
-
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
I can't quote anyone right now because this board is so fucked up on mobile. What happened over the last few weeks?
Hoorta PFF ain't the best but since you want to use it this was from before the season and not a single thing has changed. Check the qb pressures/sacks for the Steeler front seven to this point.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season
You can call me a Homer. I will defend my teams until I physically can't. However I don't just fire shit out of my ass. I watch a lot of games, not just the steelers.
Is there a point you are trying to make here?
-
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
Gipper I'm also not responding you. It's full tilt a waste of my time. I could say 2+2 is 4 and you'd argue with me about it. I'm even less likely to respond with the board all fucked up.
It is a waste of your time only because you want to spend your time finding someone to swallow your horseshit....and you know I ain't that guy. The Problem is you never say 2+2=4. You always say that .5+.5+.5+.5 = the best/greatest number 2 on earth. And what it is is just a pile of No. 2.
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
OMG!
Vag has caught GPS... Gipper Phone Syndrome.
Now their arguments will be twice as boring.
Twice as boring, perhaps.....but nevertheless, at twice as boring they are still 10 times more interesting than just about anything you put on here rather than just 20 times. Ben Stein ain't got nothin' on you.
-
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
He most certainly has lost the most effective component of his game. He was a pinball with uncanny elusiveness and then had the ability to throw a perfect dime 50 yards downfield. There is no defense for that kind of ability. The guy could wiggle free from a LB and then shake off a sack from a DE and not lose the ability to find a WR deep and make the throw.
He’s definitely more stationary now and from what I’ve seen thus far this year he’s a distributor in the offense. I recall in the Denver game he had a “tough” throw he had to make in the back corner of the end zone he put it about three yards shy of the WR into the defenders hands (he dropped it).
You’ve pointed out the WR depth. You could argue depth. But There is no Lev Bell in his prime or Antonio Brown in his prime with his head screwed on straight.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
-
Oh I'm aware Ben is the same age. The difference is Ben hasn't lost his game. He himself has said he's had elbow pain for the better part of 14 years and this season is the first without it. He's still finding his touch which is why he was upset with the titans game getting postponed. Ben > Rivers and frankly it's never been close contrary to former fantasy football metrics.
He most certainly has lost the most effective component of his game. He was a pinball with uncanny elusiveness and then had the ability to throw a perfect dime 50 yards downfield. There is no defense for that kind of ability. The guy could wiggle free from a LB and then shake off a sack from a DE and not lose the ability to find a WR deep and make the throw.
He’s definitely more stationary now and from what I’ve seen thus far this year he’s a distributor in the offense. I recall in the Denver game he had a “tough” throw he had to make in the back corner of the end zone he put it about three yards shy of the WR into the defenders hands (he dropped it).
You’ve pointed out the WR depth. You could argue depth. But There is no Lev Bell in his prime or Antonio Brown in his prime with his head screwed on straight.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
-
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
-
Jig you are correct. Perfect on 3rd down.
-
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
I can't quote how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still find his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with alt of motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
It is for the main reason I stated above. A defensive coordinators worst nightmare is the skill trait that Ben once possessed.
You could have dialed up the perfect blitz and You could have a clear shot at the QB and sometimes you are able to take the shot but that’s gone in a second and he scrambles out and makes a throw on the run with his feet barely set after a defensive back is in coverage for 6 plus seconds. 30 years from now If someone asks me about Ben R the football player. That’s the story I’ll tell.
Do any Browns fans need to be reminded how many times this has happened over the years?Could we see it once or twice this year- I guess. Weekly - no.
“EASIER” to defend yes
-
The Steeler offense is a easier to defend now whether or not we defend well Sunday - we shall see.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
Not sure on the numbers but impressive nonetheless and something we need to be concerned about for sure.
But most were Down and distance favorable and these aren’t difficult throws. -
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
I can't quote - how is the steeler offense easier to defend? Ben also isn't stationary but they are keeping him clean. He still moved plenty in the pocket. Did you not see what Claypool did last week? If not for a terrible opi call (it was terrible) he would have scored 5 td's. He is 6'4, 225 or bigger and runs a 4.3. All of which isnt talking about Juju, diontae Johnson, James Washington or ebron/McDonald. Ben is still finding his groove too. I don't think a defensive coordinator in the NFL will ever say the steelers are easy to defend. Especially this year which is really the first time in a long time I've seen a legit scheme evolution with all of the motion and jet sweeps. James Connor health permitting is also a very good rb. You are on some serious shit if you think the steelers are easier to defend now.
They are easier to defend now than they were when they had Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown, and when BR was more mobile. If you do not think BR is less mobile then you are apparently not watching your own team's games. Connor cannot come close to Bell. And while it seems that there is a fair fleet of receivers there, there is no AB. Claypool had a game. A game does not a season make...or a career.
-
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
-
I sure hope you're right. All I know is last game Big Ben was something like 16-16 for 160 yards and 2 tds on 3rd down. I might be off a tad, but I know he was perfect for a bunch of yards and 2 tds. That's stupid.
Not sure on the numbers but impressive nonetheless and something we need to be concerned about for sure.
But most were Down and distance favorable and these aren’t difficult throws.Not sure on the numbers but impressive nonetheless and something we need to be concerned about for sure.
But most were Down and distance favorable and these aren’t difficult throws.231 yards on 27-34 Lots of dinks and dunks. And a lot of YAC. On the highlights I think he may have thrown 2-3 passes deep.
-
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
I watch plenty of football outside of the Browns. I may not watch the entire games because I am flipping channels to other games...and doing other things. You delude yourself because you want to delude yourself.
A saw good chunks of that game Sunday to know this: BR is nowhere near as mobile as he once was. He still does OK in moving in the pocket, but not like before. And he has had a very good OL....but what about now? Injury status. And he protects himself now more by flicking the ball away quickly than anything else.
Yes, Bell and Brown have been gone now for a while, and since they have been gone the Steelers are easier to defend.
Nevertheless....as far as Sunday, the Steelers still can have a big day against the Browns defense, because you will not find anyone on here, I think, that will be singing the praises of our defensive backfield and LBs. There is even a fan petition apparently to dump one of them (Sendejo)...who has been pure crap.
-
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
You both are horribly mistaken about Ben in the pocket. He's still the same big qb that can move inside the pocket. He has never been fast.
Gipper you just don't watch games outside of the Browns. You can say you do but you'd be a damn liar. Brown has been gone for a while now, same with bell. I guess you are going to find out Sunday.
Never said he was fast but he was very wormy with elite escapability coupled the ability to absorb a clean shot and shake a tackler and then move off a spot on the run and fire a rope that is right on target.
I can show you highlights but are any of them recent?
The compliment to your Steelers we should have drafted him and we paid the price for that mistake. The dose of reality to you he’s not the same player. He has to try to be successful in other ways - no shame in that either...but the other ways aren’t the old ways and it’s easier on a defenseFor comparison sake, Lamar Jackson is fast and elusive and when he’s on the move (feet not set) he’s all over the place with ball placement especially if he attempted passes 50 yards down the field. If he’s escaping the pocket most of the time he’s sneaking and not throwing downfield.
-
He has to try to be successful in other ways - no shame in that either...but the other ways aren’t the old ways and it’s easier on a defense
I think the one person that would confirm what you say would likely be the Steelers OC. HE is, after all, the one calling the plays that include the dinks, dunks, crossing patterns that call for BR to release the ball very quickly. Few plays to go downfield are called for that I could tell.
Now, again...it is working. And it helps that the Squibs run so many pick plays, but it is working. And it is the sort of thing that our defense can have trouble with.
-
He has to try to be successful in other ways - no shame in that either...but the other ways aren’t the old ways and it’s easier on a defense
I think the one person that would confirm what you say would likely be the Steelers OC. HE is, after all, the one calling the plays that include the dinks, dunks, crossing patterns that call for BR to release the ball very quickly. Few plays to go downfield are called for that I could tell.
Now, again...it is working. And it helps that the Squibs run so many pick plays, but it is working. And it is the sort of thing that our defense can have trouble with.
He has to try to be successful in other ways - no shame in that either...but the other ways aren’t the old ways and it’s easier on a defense
I think the one person that would confirm what you say would likely be the Steelers OC. HE is, after all, the one calling the plays that include the dinks, dunks, crossing patterns that call for BR to release the ball very quickly. Few plays to go downfield are called for that I could tell.
Now, again...it is working. And it helps that the Squibs run so many pick plays, but it is working. And it is the sort of thing that our defense can have trouble with.
Yeah the pick plays, end arounds, WR screens we have our work cut out there to shed blocks and tackle. Quite honestly our personnel is not equipped to handle it. Our corners and safeties aside from Joseph aren’t physical and aggressive tacklers. FYI- He needs to get healthy for this game. I mentioned earlier the Colts did a simple WR screen early in the game that got 15 and we had nobody around of course they didn’t go back to anything close to that play design.
It doesn’t take a whole lot of brain power to know that the stuff i mentioned above is coming. So if we don’t have plan or aren’t able to execute that’s on us. It is what you see in their games (last week prime example of all of the above) and it’s a must when you factor possible interior line injuries and Andrew V vs Myles Garrett.
The fake pick play and Claypool release right down the middle for a TD was a catchy play. I hope we study that well on tape.
I’ll take the creative play calls within a controlled scheme rather than The old Ben pinball/escape artist with Antonio Brown going deep
-
I tell you who concerns me on our team is Peoples-Jones. That guy looks so slow running the ball out and he holds onto it with one hand. I'm not kidding, he's carrying it like a loaf a bread, and if I can see it, THEY can see it. I'd be surprised if they didn't kick to him every time so we don't get it at the 25 and we have to run it. He's going to fumble unless he drastically changes his technique, and if that's gonna happen, it's going to happen against Pittsburgh. ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login