Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • Why is kareem hunt beating the garrett/rudolph drum? One he has no business saying a fucking thing, seeing as he stomped out his gf.  Two, no one on the steelers is even talking about it.  All of this is exactly why the Browns lose despite their current record.  Focused on dumb shit that means absolutely nothing on Sunday.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

    You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

    The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. ? If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

    The Steelers are no way as good as the Ravens. We will be in this game to the end.

    @gorka said:

    The Steelers are no way as good as the Ravens. We will be in this game to the end.

    Based on what? lol. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wouldn't venture over to that wasteland of stupidity if I was paid.

    The good news is on November 4th the Trumpflakes can use their tears as lube for their circle jerk. 

    Ah I assumed the racist bullshit happened over there.  You also couldn't pay me to travel over into that neck of the woods either.  I made that mistake a couple times, never again. Lol.  I think the first time was because Woody seemed like he needed some back up. lol

  • I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

    You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

    The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. ? If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

    You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

    The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. ? If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

    Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

    the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

    On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

    I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

  • @gorka said:

    The Steelers are no way as good as the Ravens. We will be in this game to the end.

    Based on what? lol. 

    @vagitron said:

    Based on what? lol. 

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

    You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

    The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. ? If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

    Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

    the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

    On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

    I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

    the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

    On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

    I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

    Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

    I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

  • @vagitron said:

    Based on what? lol. 

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    @gorka said:

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    Gipper is adorable tho. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Awww, fuck you.?

    Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Maybe your can needs a new string?

    And then another new name was assigned to you...

    lol, maybe the board is just fucking broken on mobile.

    and yes my glorious assigned name.  I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

    @vagitron said:

    lol, maybe the board is just fucking broken on mobile.

    and yes my glorious assigned name.  I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

    To paraphrase Popeye:    You are whose you are and that's whose you are. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Awww, fuck you.?

    Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

    You would have to be a sociopath UNLESS it's an alternate name courtesy of a ban but those two names have been around a while.  

  • @vagitron said:

    lol, maybe the board is just fucking broken on mobile.

    and yes my glorious assigned name.  I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

    To paraphrase Popeye:    You are whose you are and that's whose you are. 

    @the-gipper said:

    To paraphrase Popeye:    You are whose you are and that's whose you are. 

    What king of the poon? Swimming in poon? Vagitron could be any number of things.

  • Why is kareem hunt beating the garrett/rudolph drum? One he has no business saying a fucking thing, seeing as he stomped out his gf.  Two, no one on the steelers is even talking about it.  All of this is exactly why the Browns lose despite their current record.  Focused on dumb shit that means absolutely nothing on Sunday.

    @vagitron said:

    Why is kareem hunt beating the garrett/rudolph drum? One he has no business saying a fucking thing, seeing as he stomped out his gf.  Two, no one on the steelers is even talking about it.  All of this is exactly why the Browns lose despite their current record.  Focused on dumb shit that means absolutely nothing on Sunday.

    He probably isn't "beating the drum".....he is probably being asked incessant questions about the situation last year, and yes, he defends his teammates.  You do know that pro football players do interviews and are asked questions at these interviews.  There is no "focus" on that...there were simply some questions answered when asked. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    To paraphrase Popeye:    You are whose you are and that's whose you are. 

    What king of the poon? Swimming in poon? Vagitron could be any number of things.

    @vagitron said:

    What king of the poon? Swimming in poon? Vagitron could be any number of things.

    Recall that I convinced Z to change your name from Homotron to Vagitron.   I convinced him that you were not a gay blade, but that you were just a little pussy, so he changed it.

    You are welcome. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Why is kareem hunt beating the garrett/rudolph drum? One he has no business saying a fucking thing, seeing as he stomped out his gf.  Two, no one on the steelers is even talking about it.  All of this is exactly why the Browns lose despite their current record.  Focused on dumb shit that means absolutely nothing on Sunday.

    He probably isn't "beating the drum".....he is probably being asked incessant questions about the situation last year, and yes, he defends his teammates.  You do know that pro football players do interviews and are asked questions at these interviews.  There is no "focus" on that...there were simply some questions answered when asked. 

    @the-gipper said:

    He probably isn't "beating the drum".....he is probably being asked incessant questions about the situation last year, and yes, he defends his teammates.  You do know that pro football players do interviews and are asked questions at these interviews.  There is no "focus" on that...there were simply some questions answered when asked. 

    Oh he's talking about it.  He could just choose to not say anything about it.

  • @vagitron said:

    Based on what? lol. 

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    @gorka said:

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    So? You want me to come to your rescue and support your claim that the Ravens are better than the Steelers?  My rate for representing you is $200 per hour.  That is cheap because I am semi-retired and if you had a Cuyahoga County attorney defending you the rate would be double that. 

    But, I will give you each  a break.....and not charge you.  Rather, I will put on my arbitrators hat and I will help with dispute resolution by giving you both help to arrive at a negotiated settlement.  But I will not represent either of you.    Here is how this goes:

    Each of you state which unit of each team you believe is the better and explain why:    

    Gorka   and Vagitron,   reply to these issues.  Try to be as honest in your answers as you can, and explain your reasoning: Ravens or Steelers.

    1.  Which team has the better current QB, ?

    2. Which team has the better RB tandem?

    3. Which team has the better  WR/TE corps?

    4. Which team has the better  O Line across the board?

    5. Which team has the better D Line across the board?

    6. Which team has the better Linebacking corps?

    7. Which team has the better defensive backfield

    8. Which team has the better special teams.  

    You are each free to ask for assistance from anyone else....except me, since I am the ultimate arbiter with sole decision making authority. 

    Carry on!

  • @vagitron said:

    What king of the poon? Swimming in poon? Vagitron could be any number of things.

    Recall that I convinced Z to change your name from Homotron to Vagitron.   I convinced him that you were not a gay blade, but that you were just a little pussy, so he changed it.

    You are welcome. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Recall that I convinced Z to change your name from Homotron to Vagitron.   I convinced him that you were not a gay blade, but that you were just a little pussy, so he changed it.

    You are welcome. 

    I couldn't care less what my name is and the only reason i asked zombo to change it back is because I'm not a troll and that name makes me seem like one. 

  • @gorka said:

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    Gipper is adorable tho. 

    @vagitron said:

    Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    Gipper is adorable tho. 

    I watched enough to analyze his entire game in a previous post, for which you had NO response to.  Nevertheless....you see what I have done above.....

    So, here is your opportunity to defend your team.  Carry on. 

  • @gorka said:

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    So? You want me to come to your rescue and support your claim that the Ravens are better than the Steelers?  My rate for representing you is $200 per hour.  That is cheap because I am semi-retired and if you had a Cuyahoga County attorney defending you the rate would be double that. 

    But, I will give you each  a break.....and not charge you.  Rather, I will put on my arbitrators hat and I will help with dispute resolution by giving you both help to arrive at a negotiated settlement.  But I will not represent either of you.    Here is how this goes:

    Each of you state which unit of each team you believe is the better and explain why:    

    Gorka   and Vagitron,   reply to these issues.  Try to be as honest in your answers as you can, and explain your reasoning: Ravens or Steelers.

    1.  Which team has the better current QB, ?

    2. Which team has the better RB tandem?

    3. Which team has the better  WR/TE corps?

    4. Which team has the better  O Line across the board?

    5. Which team has the better D Line across the board?

    6. Which team has the better Linebacking corps?

    7. Which team has the better defensive backfield

    8. Which team has the better special teams.  

    You are each free to ask for assistance from anyone else....except me, since I am the ultimate arbiter with sole decision making authority. 

    Carry on!

    @the-gipper said:

    So? You want me to come to your rescue and support your claim that the Ravens are better than the Steelers?  My rate for representing you is $200 per hour.  That is cheap because I am semi-retired and if you had a Cuyahoga County attorney defending you the rate would be double that. 

    But, I will give you each  a break.....and not charge you.  Rather, I will put on my arbitrators hat and I will help with dispute resolution by giving you both help to arrive at a negotiated settlement.  But I will not represent either of you.    Here is how this goes:

    Each of you state which unit of each team you believe is the better and explain why:    

    Gorka   and Vagitron,   reply to these issues.  Try to be as honest in your answers as you can, and explain your reasoning: Ravens or Steelers.

    1.  Which team has the better current QB, ?

    2. Which team has the better RB tandem?

    3. Which team has the better  WR/TE corps?

    4. Which team has the better  O Line across the board?

    5. Which team has the better D Line across the board?

    6. Which team has the better Linebacking corps?

    7. Which team has the better defensive backfield

    8. Which team has the better special teams.  

    You are each free to ask for assistance from anyone else....except me, since I am the ultimate arbiter with sole decision making authority. 

    Carry on!

    The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it.  Anyone suggesting otherwise with the other categories is on drugs.  I'm not sure on special teams.

  • @vagitron said:

    Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    Gipper is adorable tho. 

    I watched enough to analyze his entire game in a previous post, for which you had NO response to.  Nevertheless....you see what I have done above.....

    So, here is your opportunity to defend your team.  Carry on. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I watched enough to analyze his entire game in a previous post, for which you had NO response to.  Nevertheless....you see what I have done above.....

    So, here is your opportunity to defend your team.  Carry on. 

    No you didn't, you watched a quarter.  Why are you telling lies? Gipper.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So? You want me to come to your rescue and support your claim that the Ravens are better than the Steelers?  My rate for representing you is $200 per hour.  That is cheap because I am semi-retired and if you had a Cuyahoga County attorney defending you the rate would be double that. 

    But, I will give you each  a break.....and not charge you.  Rather, I will put on my arbitrators hat and I will help with dispute resolution by giving you both help to arrive at a negotiated settlement.  But I will not represent either of you.    Here is how this goes:

    Each of you state which unit of each team you believe is the better and explain why:    

    Gorka   and Vagitron,   reply to these issues.  Try to be as honest in your answers as you can, and explain your reasoning: Ravens or Steelers.

    1.  Which team has the better current QB, ?

    2. Which team has the better RB tandem?

    3. Which team has the better  WR/TE corps?

    4. Which team has the better  O Line across the board?

    5. Which team has the better D Line across the board?

    6. Which team has the better Linebacking corps?

    7. Which team has the better defensive backfield

    8. Which team has the better special teams.  

    You are each free to ask for assistance from anyone else....except me, since I am the ultimate arbiter with sole decision making authority. 

    Carry on!

    The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it.  Anyone suggesting otherwise with the other categories is on drugs.  I'm not sure on special teams.

    @vagitron said:

    The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it.  Anyone suggesting otherwise is on drugs.  I'm not sure on special teams.

    Hello...McFly.  is anybody home?   Can you read?  This is a comparison between the Ravens and Steelers. 

    You and Gorka give your analysis of each grouping.    Someone can deal with something similar re Browns vs. Steelers some other time.