STEELER WEEK!
-
So? You want me to come to your rescue and support your claim that the Ravens are better than the Steelers? My rate for representing you is $200 per hour. That is cheap because I am semi-retired and if you had a Cuyahoga County attorney defending you the rate would be double that.
But, I will give you each a break.....and not charge you. Rather, I will put on my arbitrators hat and I will help with dispute resolution by giving you both help to arrive at a negotiated settlement. But I will not represent either of you. Here is how this goes:
Each of you state which unit of each team you believe is the better and explain why:
Gorka and Vagitron, reply to these issues. Try to be as honest in your answers as you can, and explain your reasoning: Ravens or Steelers.
1. Which team has the better current QB, ?
2. Which team has the better RB tandem?
3. Which team has the better WR/TE corps?
4. Which team has the better O Line across the board?
5. Which team has the better D Line across the board?
6. Which team has the better Linebacking corps?
7. Which team has the better defensive backfield
8. Which team has the better special teams.
You are each free to ask for assistance from anyone else....except me, since I am the ultimate arbiter with sole decision making authority.
Carry on!
The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it. Anyone suggesting otherwise with the other categories is on drugs. I'm not sure on special teams.
The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it. Anyone suggesting otherwise is on drugs. I'm not sure on special teams.
Hello...McFly. is anybody home? Can you read? This is a comparison between the Ravens and Steelers.
You and Gorka give your analysis of each grouping. Someone can deal with something similar re Browns vs. Steelers some other time.
-
The Browns have a better one two punch at RB, that is it. Anyone suggesting otherwise is on drugs. I'm not sure on special teams.
Hello...McFly. is anybody home? Can you read? This is a comparison between the Ravens and Steelers.
You and Gorka give your analysis of each grouping. Someone can deal with something similar re Browns vs. Steelers some other time.
Hello...McFly. is anybody home? Can you read? This is a comparison between the Ravens and Steelers.
You and Gorka give your analysis of each grouping. Someone can deal with something similar re Browns vs. Steelers some other time.
Yep, i'm distracted. I don't care about the Ravens right now, we aren't playing them this week. I'd have to look at their roster in detail and i don't feel like doing that right now. You are adorable but not THAT adorable.
-
I watched enough to analyze his entire game in a previous post, for which you had NO response to. Nevertheless....you see what I have done above.....
So, here is your opportunity to defend your team. Carry on.
No you didn't, you watched a quarter. Why are you telling lies? Gipper.
No you didn't, you watched a quarter. Why are you telling lies? Gipper.
I watched the first quarter, then I went back and reviewed the play by play, and then saw the highlights of the game. And actually, BR threw only like 2 long completions. The one long TD was only about a 6 yard pass that the WR took to the house for about a 35 yard or so TD.
But the issue at hand is between you and Gorka, and your respective analysis of your roster.
-
Hello...McFly. is anybody home? Can you read? This is a comparison between the Ravens and Steelers.
You and Gorka give your analysis of each grouping. Someone can deal with something similar re Browns vs. Steelers some other time.
Yep, i'm distracted. I don't care about the Ravens right now, we aren't playing them this week. I'd have to look at their roster in detail and i don't feel like doing that right now. You are adorable but not THAT adorable.
Yep, i'm distracted. I don't care about the Ravens right now, we aren't playing them this week. I'd have to look at their roster in detail and i don't feel like doing that right now. You are adorable but not THAT adorable.
So, does that mean you are living up to your name and pussying out? I mean, it could result in a forfeit and a directed judgment in Gorka's favor.
With a ruling that the Ravens are the better team. Failure to defend your team could mean just that.
But as with any default judgment, the other party still must appear and present at least a prima facie case.
So, if Gorka were to come in and give his opinions, then he would win automatically.
-
No you didn't, you watched a quarter. Why are you telling lies? Gipper.
I watched the first quarter, then I went back and reviewed the play by play, and then saw the highlights of the game. And actually, BR threw only like 2 long completions. The one long TD was only about a 6 yard pass that the WR took to the house for about a 35 yard or so TD.
But the issue at hand is between you and Gorka, and your respective analysis of your roster.
I watched the first quarter, then I went back and reviewed the play by play, and then saw the highlights of the game. And actually, BR threw only like 2 long completions. The one long TD was only about a 6 yard pass that the WR took to the house for about a 35 yard or so TD.
But the issue at hand is between you and Gorka, and your respective analysis of your roster.
And currently Ben is feeling out his arm, he's said so himself. He's also said as long as he isn't underthrowing balls (he isn') hes fine with overthrowing them. Ben's arm strength is not an issue BUT Matt Canada has put a more college style offensive stamp on our offense hence the implementation of the dramatic increase in motions and sweeps. It has zero to do with Ben. I'm not answering your breakdown, not because I don't think it's fair but because I don't feel like doing it. SUE ME!
-
Yep, i'm distracted. I don't care about the Ravens right now, we aren't playing them this week. I'd have to look at their roster in detail and i don't feel like doing that right now. You are adorable but not THAT adorable.
So, does that mean you are living up to your name and pussying out? I mean, it could result in a forfeit and a directed judgment in Gorka's favor.
With a ruling that the Ravens are the better team. Failure to defend your team could mean just that.
But as with any default judgment, the other party still must appear and present at least a prima facie case.
So, if Gorka were to come in and give his opinions, then he would win automatically.
So, does that mean you are living up to your name and pussying out? I mean, it could result in a forfeit and a directed judgment in Gorka's favor.
With a ruling that the Ravens are the better team. Failure to defend your team would mean just that.
Full disclosure, I'm playing some video games and smoking some cannabis so right now in this very moment I don't care enough to break all that down.
-
So, does that mean you are living up to your name and pussying out? I mean, it could result in a forfeit and a directed judgment in Gorka's favor.
With a ruling that the Ravens are the better team. Failure to defend your team would mean just that.
Full disclosure, I'm playing some video games and smoking some cannabis so right now in this very moment I don't care enough to break all that down.
-
So, if Gorka comes in and makes a case. You lose.
Well we both know he isn't going to which is why he relinquished those duties to you. I always win.
-
I watched the first quarter, then I went back and reviewed the play by play, and then saw the highlights of the game. And actually, BR threw only like 2 long completions. The one long TD was only about a 6 yard pass that the WR took to the house for about a 35 yard or so TD.
But the issue at hand is between you and Gorka, and your respective analysis of your roster.
And currently Ben is feeling out his arm, he's said so himself. He's also said as long as he isn't underthrowing balls (he isn') hes fine with overthrowing them. Ben's arm strength is not an issue BUT Matt Canada has put a more college style offensive stamp on our offense hence the implementation of the dramatic increase in motions and sweeps. It has zero to do with Ben. I'm not answering your breakdown, not because I don't think it's fair but because I don't feel like doing it. SUE ME!
And currently Ben is feeling out his arm, he's said so himself. He's also said as long as he isn't underthrowing balls (he isn') hes fine with overthrowing them. Ben's arm strength is not an issue BUT Matt Canada has put a more college style offensive stamp on our offense hence the implementation of the dramatic increase in motions and sweeps. It has zero to do with Ben. I'm not answering your breakdown, not because I don't think it's fair but because I don't feel like doing it. SUE ME!
Feeling out his arm? More like feeling out his old man's boobs. He was only intermittently accurate on his long throws.....I noticed that he was both long and short on them. And, OK, your OC is smart. He is designing a game plan that now fits BR's diminished capacity. 42 passes, only 3 of them longer than like 15 yards down field. It worked against your competition so far.
And yes, as I said, I am still worried about the fact that that sort of game plan could still be successful against the Browns.
-
So, if Gorka comes in and makes a case. You lose.
Well we both know he isn't going to which is why he relinquished those duties to you. I always win.
Well we both know he isn't going to which is why he relinquished those duties to you. I always win.
You don't get to decide. I do. But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take. But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling. But not until I hear from him. Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.
I will give him until the top of the hour. (11:00 pm) Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning.
(hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours).
-
And currently Ben is feeling out his arm, he's said so himself. He's also said as long as he isn't underthrowing balls (he isn') hes fine with overthrowing them. Ben's arm strength is not an issue BUT Matt Canada has put a more college style offensive stamp on our offense hence the implementation of the dramatic increase in motions and sweeps. It has zero to do with Ben. I'm not answering your breakdown, not because I don't think it's fair but because I don't feel like doing it. SUE ME!
Feeling out his arm? More like feeling out his old man's boobs. He was only intermittently accurate on his long throws.....I noticed that he was both long and short on them. And, OK, your OC is smart. He is designing a game plan that now fits BR's diminished capacity. 42 passes, only 3 of them longer than like 15 yards down field. It worked against your competition so far.
And yes, as I said, I am still worried about the fact that that sort of game plan could still be successful against the Browns.
Feeling out his arm? More like feeling out his old man's boobs. He was only intermittently accurate on his long throws.....I noticed that he was both long and short on them. And, OK, your OC is smart. He is designing a game plan that now fits BR's diminished capacity. 42 passes, only 3 of them longer than like 15 yards down field. It worked against your competition so far.
And yes, as I said, I am still worried about the fact that that sort of game plan could still be successful against the Browns.
Matt Canada isn't our OC, he's the QB coach. Keep doubting Ben, it's worked out for you great in the past. lol
-
Well we both know he isn't going to which is why he relinquished those duties to you. I always win.
You don't get to decide. I do. But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take. But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling. But not until I hear from him. Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.
I will give him until the top of the hour. (11:00 pm) Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning.
(hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours).
You don't get to decide. I do. But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take. But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling. But not until I hear from him. Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.
I will give him until the top of the hour. (11:00 pm) Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning.
(hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours).
I live to screw around. Happy flying.
-
Feeling out his arm? More like feeling out his old man's boobs. He was only intermittently accurate on his long throws.....I noticed that he was both long and short on them. And, OK, your OC is smart. He is designing a game plan that now fits BR's diminished capacity. 42 passes, only 3 of them longer than like 15 yards down field. It worked against your competition so far.
And yes, as I said, I am still worried about the fact that that sort of game plan could still be successful against the Browns.
Matt Canada isn't our OC, he's the QB coach. Keep doubting Ben, it's worked out for you great in the past. lol
Matt Canada isn't our OC, he's the QB coach. Keep doubting Ben, it's worked out for you great in the past. lol
Oh, OK, you kept bringing up Canada when I talked about game planning, so I assumed he was OC.
And I don't doubt Ben's ability to throw all those short passes that....whomever, is dialing up for him. Look...it worked, at least against Philly.
-
You don't get to decide. I do. But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take. But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling. But not until I hear from him. Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.
I will give him until the top of the hour. (11:00 pm) Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning.
(hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours).
I live to screw around. Happy flying.
-
Okay boys and girls. Can anyone confirm what the hell is going on with the mobile interface for the board? It is near unusable now. I jumped on my lap top.
I will also be shocked if Pouncey doesn't play as he looked fine closing out that game. I doubt Decastro does. I assume Johnson may also be told to take it slow on a return to prevent further injury. We have the depth so he can sit if necessary.
Okay boys and girls. Can anyone confirm what the hell is going on with the mobile interface for the board? It is near unusable now. I jumped on my lap top.
I will also be shocked if Pouncey doesn't play as he looked fine closing out that game. I doubt Decastro does. I assume Johnson may also be told to take it slow on a return to prevent further injury. We have the depth so he can sit if necessary.
Regarding the problems? I'll look into it. With Stan not around anymore, fixes cost money.
-
You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead.
-
You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead.
You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead.
The "ignore" button works remarkably well.?
-
Zombo, can we add renewal of the site's certificates to the list please..
-
Interesting and fun analogy. We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.
the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that. Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor. He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence. It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.
On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush. We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards. We’ve got the unit this year to do that. I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move. And of course you got Joe out there too.
I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them. I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level. I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game
Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow. He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol
I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me. You've not been paying attention. We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5. He's 6'4, 225 and runs a 4.42 He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat. He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt. Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him. I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely. I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.
Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow. He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol
I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me. You've not been paying attention. We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5. He's 6'4, 225 and runs a 4.42 He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat. He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt. Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him. I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely. I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.
Let’s talk football...
Fitzpatrick:
Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday.
Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.
Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.
Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.
Alualu:
I’m not discrediting Alualu. He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme. We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts.
Ben R.:
I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense. If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it. I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended. Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more. It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore.
The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now. The same can be said about Claypool. Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds
-
Zombo said:
I had to shut down that third qb thread because it was all gay and pissy, but my question is ... If Gilbert is gone, and Baker is limited, how are we practicing with 1 QB? Who is running the scout team (and don't say Jarvis, he is out too)?
Z
Good question is Alex Van Pelt suiting up?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login