Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Well we both know he isn't going to which is why he relinquished those duties to you. I always win. 

    You don't get to decide.  I do.  But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take.  But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling.  But not until I hear from him.  Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.   

    I will give him until the top of the hour.  (11:00 pm)  Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning. 

    (hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do  so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours). 

    @the-gipper said:

    You don't get to decide.  I do.  But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take.  But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling.  But not until I hear from him.  Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.   

    I will give him until the top of the hour.  (11:00 pm)  Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning. 

    (hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do  so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours). 

    I live to screw around.  Happy flying.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Feeling out his arm?   More like feeling out his old man's  boobs.  He was only intermittently  accurate on his long throws.....I noticed that he was both long and short on them.  And, OK, your  OC is smart.  He is designing a game plan that now fits BR's diminished capacity.  42 passes, only 3 of them longer than like 15 yards down field.  It worked against your competition so far.

    And yes, as I said, I am still worried about the fact that that sort of game plan could still be successful against the Browns. 

    Matt Canada isn't our OC, he's the QB coach. Keep doubting Ben, it's worked out for you great in the past. lol

    @vagitron said:

    Matt Canada isn't our OC, he's the QB coach. Keep doubting Ben, it's worked out for you great in the past. lol

    Oh, OK, you kept bringing up Canada when I talked about game planning, so I assumed he was OC.

    And I don't doubt Ben's ability to throw all those short passes that....whomever, is dialing up for him.   Look...it worked, at least against Philly. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You don't get to decide.  I do.  But I have to give him the chance that you refuse to take.  But, if he indeed passes up the opportunity, then I will make a definitive ruling.  But not until I hear from him.  Maybe he took a cue from you and got high then got drunk and fell asleep.   

    I will give him until the top of the hour.  (11:00 pm)  Then I have to hit the rack myself to catch a flight in the morning. 

    (hell, as much screwing around as you have done here, you could have submitted your case...you also have until then to do  so, and if he fails to reply...then the default judgment is yours). 

    I live to screw around.  Happy flying.

    @vagitron said:

    I live to screw around.  Happy flying.

    Well,  it is now past  11:00, ergo I have to make a decision:

    You are BOTH losers.

    But I will do what the court did for Donald Trump and the USFL.....I will award you  $1.00 for at least conversing. 

    (not a particular surprising result.)  

    Finis. 

  • Okay boys and girls.  Can anyone confirm what the hell is going on with the mobile interface for the board? It is near unusable now.  I jumped on my lap top. 

    I will also be shocked if Pouncey doesn't play as he looked fine closing out that game.  I doubt Decastro does.  I assume Johnson may also be told to take it slow on a return to prevent further injury. We have the depth so he can sit if necessary.

    @vagitron said:

    Okay boys and girls.  Can anyone confirm what the hell is going on with the mobile interface for the board? It is near unusable now.  I jumped on my lap top. 

    I will also be shocked if Pouncey doesn't play as he looked fine closing out that game.  I doubt Decastro does.  I assume Johnson may also be told to take it slow on a return to prevent further injury. We have the depth so he can sit if necessary.

    Regarding the  problems? I'll look  into it. With Stan not around anymore, fixes cost money. 

  • You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead. 

  • You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead. 

    @the-gipper said:

    You are both a couple of losers. When given the opportunity to talk football you devolved into this shit instead. 

    The "ignore" button works remarkably well.?

  • Zombo, can we add renewal of the site's certificates to the list please..

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

    the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

    On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

    I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

    Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

    I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

    @vagitron said:

    Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

    I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

    Let’s talk football...
    Fitzpatrick:
    Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday. 
     

    Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.  

    Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.

    Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.  
     

    Alualu:

    I’m not discrediting Alualu.  He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme.  We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts. 
     

    Ben R.:

    I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense.  If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it.  I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended.  Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more.  It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore. 

    The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now.  The same can be said about Claypool.  Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds 

  • Zombo said:

    I had to shut down that third qb thread because it was all gay and pissy, but my question is ... If Gilbert is gone, and Baker is limited, how are we practicing with 1 QB? Who is running the scout team (and don't say Jarvis, he is out too)?

    Z

    Good question is Alex Van Pelt suiting up?  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Maybe your can needs a new string?

    And then another new name was assigned to you...

    lol, maybe the board is just fucking broken on mobile.

    and yes my glorious assigned name.  I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

    @vagitron said:

    I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

    I think you have a 10-year lease...

  • @gorka said:

    Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

    Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    Gipper is adorable tho. 

    @vagitron said:

    ... even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

    But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

    Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

    Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

  • https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/14/cb-robert-jackson-signed-from-browns-practice-squad/

    at this point, I'd think about starting Redwine at fs vs the squealers......

    Maybe even start Robert Jackson (cb) instead of Sendejo.

    maybe even start Mofatt instead of Sendejo.

    dammit. (lol)

  • Nevertheless, per the play by play,   BR threw  42 passes.

    Per the play by play, only 4 were described as "Deep"

     Of his completions......19 of them were for single digit yards.  9 or less.....so not really much YAC even on these. 

    9 of his completions were between 11 and 17 yards.

    3 were for over 20 yards...including  a couple for the long TDs. 

    What I don't know, and don't know where to get it,  is how much of the yardage in that game by the Steelers was  YAC. But when only 3 pass plays went for over 20 yards YAC may not have been a huge factor. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220175

    @the-gipper said:

    Nevertheless, per the play by play,   BR threw  42 passes.

    Per the play by play, only 4 were described as "Deep"

     Of his completions......19 of them were for single digit yards.  9 or less.....so not really much YAC even on these. 

    9 of his completions were between 11 and 17 yards.

    3 were for over 20 yards...including  a couple for the long TDs. 

    What I don't know, and don't know where to get it,  is how much of the yardage in that game by the Steelers was  YAC. But when only 3 pass plays went for over 20 yards YAC may not have been a huge factor. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220175

    Gipper- I'll let you look up how many times any team throws "deep routes". My guess is it's not a lot. What I'm far more worried about is one of the plays Claypool scored a TD on a swing pass, and the Steers had the play set up with three wrs out in front blocking for him. I'm sure the Browns DC duly noted it, and better have a defensive answer for it...  

    @the-gipper said:

    Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

    AFAIK, they're not. I had to work overtime cleaning up the name calling and 95% of the political BS in this thread that I'm not going to tolerate here.... 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Nevertheless, per the play by play,   BR threw  42 passes.

    Per the play by play, only 4 were described as "Deep"

     Of his completions......19 of them were for single digit yards.  9 or less.....so not really much YAC even on these. 

    9 of his completions were between 11 and 17 yards.

    3 were for over 20 yards...including  a couple for the long TDs. 

    What I don't know, and don't know where to get it,  is how much of the yardage in that game by the Steelers was  YAC. But when only 3 pass plays went for over 20 yards YAC may not have been a huge factor. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220175

    Gipper- I'll let you look up how many times any team throws "deep routes". My guess is it's not a lot. What I'm far more worried about is one of the plays Claypool scored a TD on a swing pass, and the Steers had the play set up with three wrs out in front blocking for him. I'm sure the Browns DC duly noted it, and better have a defensive answer for it...  

    @the-gipper said:

    Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

    AFAIK, they're not. I had to work overtime cleaning up the name calling and 95% of the political BS in this thread that I'm not going to tolerate here.... 

    @hoorta said:

    Gipper- I'll let you look up how many times any team throws "deep routes". My guess is it's not a lot. What I'm far more worried about is one of the plays Claypool scored a TD on a swing pass, and the Steers had the play set up with three wrs out in front blocking for him. I'm sure the Browns DC duly noted it, and better have a defensive answer for it...  

    AFAIK, they're not. I had to work overtime cleaning up the name calling and 95% of the political BS in this thread that I'm not going to tolerate here.... 

    Thanks hoorta!  Hey babysitters make good money now from what I hear........oh yeah it's  pro bono here but we appreciate it just the same.  😉

  • @vagitron said:

    Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

    I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

    Let’s talk football...
    Fitzpatrick:
    Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday. 
     

    Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.  

    Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.

    Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.  
     

    Alualu:

    I’m not discrediting Alualu.  He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme.  We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts. 
     

    Ben R.:

    I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense.  If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it.  I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended.  Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more.  It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore. 

    The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now.  The same can be said about Claypool.  Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Let’s talk football...
    Fitzpatrick:
    Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday. 
     

    Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.  

    Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.

    Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.  
     

    Alualu:

    I’m not discrediting Alualu.  He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme.  We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts. 
     

    Ben R.:

    I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense.  If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it.  I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended.  Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more.  It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore. 

    The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now.  The same can be said about Claypool.  Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds 

    And how the league determines credited targets has always been weird, teams aren't throwing at Fitzpatrick.  He fucked up on that tackle because he thought he could shoulder him down.  He very clearly should have wrapped up but that's is neither here nor there as he has never had an issue with tackling. A moot point to the max.

    No one has moved Alualu to this point and once again he's bookended up two extremely good defensive ends.  You aren't pushing them around, I don't believe I've ever seen any of them get really pushed around. He's also done more than well the stat I listed is real, it's less than a yard per carry when he's on the field.

    Now as far as Ben is concerned and I know i mentioned this before, he was out almost all of last year.  How many yards did he throw the year prior?  I'm not sure why some don't seem to understand what an avulsed tendon is but it's pretty damn bad and that surgery by all intents and purposes went very well.  He's working through his throws without having to compensate for pain and even in training camp receivers were talking about the ball "whistling".  Ben does not have an issue with arm strength and he's the same QB he's been for a while.  He hasn't lost it like Brees or Brady.

    I only mentioned claypool because he went off but i'm fully aware that he's a rookie.  He's a rookie with freakish measurables but a rookie none the less.  He's also probably 4th on our depth chart.  You are allowed to be hyped on the Browns, I would be if I were a browns fan but people acting like this is going to be smooth sailing are sorely mistaken.

    Ben IS NOT a game manager.

  • @vagitron said:

    ... even he still straps on the homer shades. 

    To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

    But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

    Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

    Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

    @tour2ma said:

    To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

    But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

    Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

    Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

    I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

    HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

  • Zombo said:

    This is the only week you are here, the thread is all about you, but you are not a troll. Alrighty then.

    I understand the board is fucked up. We need an update and neither I nor Kathy have Stan's password to do that. So we will contact them and see what we can do. When I get some time. Not this morning. It's 2020, deal with it.

    Zombo

    The only week I'm here? i read in here all the time.  I just don't feel the need to post and i'm posting more frequently this week for good reason.  If you think i'm a troll, thats on you z-bone. As far as the board is concerned I only kept mentioning it because i wanted it to be known it was an issue.  I don't mind jumping on my laptop and my phone not working well with the board just keeps me off it, lol.  I certainly know there has been some unique adversity here since stan passed away, no big deal.  I should have just shot you a DM but each day it got progressively worse.  I won't even try it now.  You do you Zombo, 2020 sucks and there are a lot of things going on that are far more important than making sure this board works on mobile.

  • and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.  Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week.  Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/10/05/cleveland-browns-replace-andrew-sendejo/

    Article title at end of link...

    Cleveland Browns should replace Andrew Sendejo

     
    by Steve Gessic Jr 1 week ago
     
     
    Can you say clickbait? I knew you could...