STEELER WEEK!
-
Zombo said:
This is the only week you are here, the thread is all about you, but you are not a troll. Alrighty then.
I understand the board is fucked up. We need an update and neither I nor Kathy have Stan's password to do that. So we will contact them and see what we can do. When I get some time. Not this morning. It's 2020, deal with it.
Zombo
The only week I'm here? i read in here all the time. I just don't feel the need to post and i'm posting more frequently this week for good reason. If you think i'm a troll, thats on you z-bone. As far as the board is concerned I only kept mentioning it because i wanted it to be known it was an issue. I don't mind jumping on my laptop and my phone not working well with the board just keeps me off it, lol. I certainly know there has been some unique adversity here since stan passed away, no big deal. I should have just shot you a DM but each day it got progressively worse. I won't even try it now. You do you Zombo, 2020 sucks and there are a lot of things going on that are far more important than making sure this board works on mobile.
-
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league. Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week. Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.
-
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/10/05/cleveland-browns-replace-andrew-sendejo/
Article title at end of link...
Cleveland Browns should replace Andrew Sendejo
-
Let’s talk football...
Fitzpatrick:
Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday.
Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.
Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.
Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.
Alualu:
I’m not discrediting Alualu. He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme. We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts.
Ben R.:
I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense. If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it. I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended. Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more. It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore.
The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now. The same can be said about Claypool. Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds
And how the league determines credited targets has always been weird, teams aren't throwing at Fitzpatrick. He fucked up on that tackle because he thought he could shoulder him down. He very clearly should have wrapped up but that's is neither here nor there as he has never had an issue with tackling. A moot point to the max.
No one has moved Alualu to this point and once again he's bookended up two extremely good defensive ends. You aren't pushing them around, I don't believe I've ever seen any of them get really pushed around. He's also done more than well the stat I listed is real, it's less than a yard per carry when he's on the field.
Now as far as Ben is concerned and I know i mentioned this before, he was out almost all of last year. How many yards did he throw the year prior? I'm not sure why some don't seem to understand what an avulsed tendon is but it's pretty damn bad and that surgery by all intents and purposes went very well. He's working through his throws without having to compensate for pain and even in training camp receivers were talking about the ball "whistling". Ben does not have an issue with arm strength and he's the same QB he's been for a while. He hasn't lost it like Brees or Brady.
I only mentioned claypool because he went off but i'm fully aware that he's a rookie. He's a rookie with freakish measurables but a rookie none the less. He's also probably 4th on our depth chart. You are allowed to be hyped on the Browns, I would be if I were a browns fan but people acting like this is going to be smooth sailing are sorely mistaken.
Ben IS NOT a game manager.
-
-
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league. Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week. Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league. Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week. Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.
twas not G/C Stephen Wisniewski suppose to be elevated from IR this week? any news on if she's practicing? As a Toledo grad.. I personally won't miss WR Diontae Johnson on your KO or Punt return unit's.. Our defensive return ST's units have suck'd this season ?
-
To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.
But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.
Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.
Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.
I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
- I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
- HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
-
Just hope Myles Garrett whom not just a great player but a fine young human being, learned his lesson.
-
-
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league. Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week. Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.
twas not G/C Stephen Wisniewski suppose to be elevated from IR this week? any news on if she's practicing? As a Toledo grad.. I personally won't miss WR Diontae Johnson on your KO or Punt return unit's.. Our defensive return ST's units have suck'd this season ?
twas not G/C Stephen Wisniewski suppose to be elevated from IR this week? any news on if she's practicing? As a Toledo grad.. I personally won't miss WR Diontae Johnson on your KO or Punt return unit's.. Our defensive return ST's units have suck'd this season ?
Honestly Ray Ray Mcloud has been super good on returns. I'm glad Johnson won't be back there much anymore. Johnson was limited in practice but did practice today so we shall see. Dotson is better than Wisnieski but it's good to have the depth with his return.
-
Just hope Myles Garrett whom not just a great player but a fine young human being, learned his lesson.
Just hope Myles Garrett whom not just a great player but a fine young human being, learned his lesson.
That's the thing, he is a good dude. I know people that have met him and they all say he's very nice. It was very out of character but he still did it and then lied about it after. I'm sure he's learned his lesson.
EDIT: and if it ever shakes out that Rudolph said some heinous shit I will be back in here to eat my crow and I will adamantly dislike rudolph.
-
-
To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.
But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.
Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.
Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.
I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.
Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.
Philly's dline isn't what it was. You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth. If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.
-
- I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
- HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner. It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"
-
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league. Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week. Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.
Cool... what was his run rating?
BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.
Guess I am not a fan either*...

* Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.
-
I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.
Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.
Philly's dline isn't what it was. You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth. If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.
The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.
Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.
Philly's dline isn't what it was. You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth. If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.
Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle. Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.
-
and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.
Cool... what was his run rating?
BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.
Guess I am not a fan either*...

* Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.
Cool... what was his run rating?
BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.
Guess I am not a fan either*...

* Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.
He's a road grader so he's good on the ground too. I guess you are about to find out.
-
- I was just giving you a hard time. I definitely throw on my shades too.
- HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss. Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second. The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines. You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
Let me help you out. The texans have played
Chiefs
Ravens
Steelers
Vikings
Jags
The Browns record would likely be the same with that schedule, are the browns a bad team?
I will wait for you to reevaluate your previous position on the Texans.
-
- Fair enough...
- Thanks... I'll be here all week?
But (once again) I must point out that HOU:
- quit playing for O'Brien.
- is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
- is -5 in turnover ratio.
- T-27th in sacks allowed.
HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.
And PHI...
- is #18 in run D.
- is -6 in turnover ratio.
- 14th in rushing.
- 30th in sacks allowed.
The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.
Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner. It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"
Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner. It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"
PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.
HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.
How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?
-
Does anyone think it will matter one iota whose schedule was tougher come Sunday at 1pm?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login