Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Panic Pete it is! ?

    Listen, we beat Pittsburgh and I'm going to be the conductor on the hype train. CHOO-CHOO BITCH! Lol. 

    We haven't beaten them at Pittsburgh since that fateful Sunday night back in 2003 when my friend and I scraped up our money and flew up there to see Tim  Couch destroy those guys! Maybe it's time. ?

    Atta Boy, Jigs !! Dad & I, was on the 22 yard line at that game..As long as we just play a attacking game style I'm cool with the results.. Let MJ Stew attack Ben like the Washington game.. It's time for Clayborn's attacking game to show up too!! Vernon must eat up the running plays..Garrett can't wait & show up late to the party either. If we play our game type of 'Hit everything that moves on Offense & Defense' we should hang in this game.. If We play Loosie Goosie, flag touch football? like that Ravens game.. Well,,, We will lose again.. 

    Here's a mind blowing BB fact, I've tracked since signing up ...When We win? We'll see 3-4 pages of members/guests on this board post game..When we lose? It grows to 5-6 pages post game... Here's a game that usually draws out the most in here a season...  Kickoff is just about 4 hours away... really thinking we will play well & sure were banged up..  If we don't? I'm in the Flugel's boat...We really have no reason to start a pissing parade post game... Go Browns!! 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Here's a mind blowing BB fact, I've tracked since signing up ...When We win? We'll see 3-4 pages of members/guests on this board post game..When we lose? It grows to 5-6 pages post game... Here's a game that usually draws out the most in here a season...  Kickoff is just about 4 hours away... really thinking we will play well & sure were banged up..  If we don't? I'm in the Flugel's boat...We really have no reason to start a pissing parade post game... Go Browns!! 

    If we do lose, it'll obviously suck, but it's NOT time to be upset about the big picture. If we can get healthy and STAY healthy a bit...we're in the playoff hunt and we're going to be a bitch to beat, especially when it gets cold. 

  • Hey jigs so how's everything down in sunny FLA going ?  There sure is something in air up north here.

    Along with SD, CAL and the Carolinas too.....

    GO BROWNS, just win......baby !

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey jigs so how's everything down in sunny FLA going ?  There sure is something in air up north here.

    Along with SD, CAL and the Carolinas too.....

    GO BROWNS, just win......baby !

    It's absolutely beautiful here. 75 and sunny all day. Finishing up my cleaning chores and trimming up some killer New York strip steaks I got from Costco. Having my parents over for the game and life is good! 

    Do I feel great about the game? No, no I don't. But I'm oddly serene about the possibility of losing. When you win 4 in ba row, you don't dread a loss as much. You can actually embrace the mantra that "it's a long season" and you can understand that you're not going to win them all. 

    That being said, this game is worth WAY more than just 1 win or 1 loss. I don't remember the last game I wanted to win more this one, but it's going to take a herculean effort to win, make no mistake. 

    Here's the stat that should bother people. Pittsburgh gets QB pressure on over 55% of passing plays which is 10% higher than the next team. Yikes. 

    And I freaking HATE seeing Joe Haden on the Steelers. 

  • @flugel said:

     If, for some reason the Browns don't win today, don't be a pussy crying in here.  Just understand the schedule gives us another opportunity at home to even the score. This can be a fun season if you allow it to be...

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    LMFAO. 

    It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

    Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

  • @flugel said:

     If, for some reason the Browns don't win today, don't be a pussy crying in here.  Just understand the schedule gives us another opportunity at home to even the score. This can be a fun season if you allow it to be...

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @dutch-oven said:

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    Can you at least try to be cognizant that your buddy Flugel is drinking fluids when he reads this board?  Good thing it's only water I gotta clean up.

    As much as I contemplated calling 9-1-1 for Jiggs, he's not the 1 I'm worried about.   See if you can remember who on this board decided he'd seen enough of Nick Chubb after his very 1st 2 preseason handoffs as an NFL rookie?   I'll give you a hint - you haven't agreed with him yet...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    LMFAO. 

    It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

    Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LMFAO. 

    It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

    Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

    ?  You're fine.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?

    LMFAO. 

    It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

    Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LMFAO. 

    It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

    Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

    You got that right - Baker isn't going to be able to just game manage his way to wins forever. One of these games he's going to have to strap the team on his back and win a game. 

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by

    All the people sucking baker off can now see why we have doubts. 

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    Steelers are doing a great job at shutting down the run at the moment. If we have to rely on Baker for most of this game, it's unlikely we'll win.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Well, that was fun. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Baltimore and Pittsburgh 76, Cleveland 13. 

    The national media can go back to ignoring us. 

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    willie-nelson-marijuana1.jpg

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

  • Steelers are doing a great job at shutting down the run at the moment. If we have to rely on Baker for most of this game, it's unlikely we'll win.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Steelers are doing a great job at shutting down the run at the moment. If we have to rely on Baker for most of this game, it's unlikely we'll win.

    And that is a major problem, we SHOULD be able to rely on Baker. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's banged up, but there were some throws he made that you don't make whether your hurt or not. 

  • N Neo

    I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

    At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"

    The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries.  You have to persevere, the good teams do.  All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow.  I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    Better luck next game boys and girls

    TOOT TOOT

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by

    Baker stinks. He’s gonna play the rest of the year. It’s whatever. Maybe he gets better. He was hurt today, it was noticeable. He still laid an egg

  • Better luck next game boys and girls

    TOOT TOOT

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Better luck next game boys and girls

    TOOT TOOT

    AKA Mic Drop 

  • @neo said:

    I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

    At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"

    The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries.  You have to persevere, the good teams do.  All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow.  I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    At what point does all that become an excuse?

    Where am I making excuses, I said right there that it was a terrible outing, and Baker can't make boneheaded throws. 

  • N Neo

    @vagitron said:

    At what point does all that become an excuse?

    Where am I making excuses, I said right there that it was a terrible outing, and Baker can't make boneheaded throws. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    Where am I making excuses, I said right there that it was a terrible outing, and Baker can't make boneheaded throws. 

    Talking about injuries.  All teams have them.

  • N Neo

    I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns

    @vagitron said:

    At what point does all that become an excuse?