STEELER WEEK!
-
All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" ?
Can you at least try to be cognizant that your buddy Flugel is drinking fluids when he reads this board? Good thing it's only water I gotta clean up.
As much as I contemplated calling 9-1-1 for Jiggs, he's not the 1 I'm worried about. See if you can remember who on this board decided he'd seen enough of Nick Chubb after his very 1st 2 preseason handoffs as an NFL rookie? I'll give you a hint - you haven't agreed with him yet...
Can you at least try to be cognizant that your buddy Flugel is drinking fluids when he reads this board? Good thing it's only water I gotta clean up.
As much as I contemplated calling 9-1-1 for Jiggs, he's not the 1 I'm worried about. See if you can remember who on this board decided he'd seen enough of Nick Chubb after his very 1st 2 preseason handoffs as an NFL rookie? I'll give you a hint - you haven't agreed with him yet...
This was probably the toughest game to process and watch in a while. I expected us to lose by multiple scores, but I thought we'd show up. We were worthless. Not pretty bad, not a little off, but totally worthless. In one of the biggest games we've had in forever, we didn't get off the bus.
The Bengals can absolutely beat us and beat us badly if we don't get back to it. I think we'll respond well, but it would not surprise me if we lost a close one to Cincy. They're very close, and our QB is physically and mentally injured.
-
Gotta give it to you. The Browns just became the good old Browns at the worst time. They got dominated by the Steelers.
The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.
-
Gotta give it to you. The Browns just became the good old Browns at the worst time. They got dominated by the Steelers.
The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.
The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.
All of this makes no sense to me. The Steelers are better and have been better for a long time. The Browns need continuity and it's something they have lacked for most of my life. They didn't "lay down" they just got dominated. I know that's a tough pill to swallow for you as a Browns fan but the facts are the facts. I said the entire time leading into this week that you all were underestimating the steelers, specifically our defensive front seven that has been man handling teams all season. The Browns got manhandled today and with some continuity that should not happen as frequently. I'm not saying any of this to gloat either.
-
I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.
At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"
The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries. You have to persevere, the good teams do. All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow. I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.
At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"
The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries. You have to persevere, the good teams do. All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow. I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.
Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.
Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.
Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...
Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.
-
-
Yeah. Injuries can excuse losing a game (if they are key players) although you have to play with what you have and every team has injuries, but they cannot excuse the awful performance the Browns had today.
I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...
It ended.
I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...
It ended.
Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...
I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net. That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.
And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...
... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.
-
The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.
All of this makes no sense to me. The Steelers are better and have been better for a long time. The Browns need continuity and it's something they have lacked for most of my life. They didn't "lay down" they just got dominated. I know that's a tough pill to swallow for you as a Browns fan but the facts are the facts. I said the entire time leading into this week that you all were underestimating the steelers, specifically our defensive front seven that has been man handling teams all season. The Browns got manhandled today and with some continuity that should not happen as frequently. I'm not saying any of this to gloat either.
All of this makes no sense to me. The Steelers are better and have been better for a long time. The Browns need continuity and it's something they have lacked for most of my life. They didn't "lay down" they just got dominated. I know that's a tough pill to swallow for you as a Browns fan but the facts are the facts. I said the entire time leading into this week that you all were underestimating the steelers, specifically our defensive front seven that has been man handling teams all season. The Browns got manhandled today and with some continuity that should not happen as frequently. I'm not saying any of this to gloat either.
The Browns lines got destroyed on both sides of the ball. If that was Sendejo who screwed up on the easy TD, cut him tomorrow. Ward was expecting help over the top, and nobody home.
-
Gotta give it to you. The Browns just became the good old Browns at the worst time. They got dominated by the Steelers.
I don't care how many Browns players missed this game via injury or played banged up...
At the end of the day, the Steelers didn't even break a sweat. At no point today, after the opening kickoff, did they have even a rumor of a doubt that they would win.
You've got one team who has had three head coaches in the last 51 years, and one six games into yet another reboot.
Let's see how this goes at the end of the season in the rematch.
Let's see how this goes at the end of the season in the rematch.
I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon.
We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know.
-
-
Let's see how this goes at the end of the season in the rematch.
I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon.
We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know.
I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon.
We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know.
I think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers. But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.
-
I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon.
We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know.
I think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers. But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.
-
I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...
It ended.
Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...
I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net. That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.
And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...
... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.
Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...
I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net. That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.
And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...
... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.
Yesterday's game was the football equivalent of Custer's Last Stand.
But hey, I'm sure you were impressed by the few braves the 7th Cavalry took down before being slaughtered too. ?
-
At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"
The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries. You have to persevere, the good teams do. All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow. I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.
Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.
Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.
Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...
Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.
Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.
Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.
Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...
Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.
Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far. My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday. I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play. It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity. The question is, is this the staff to make that happen? Baker certainly hasn't benefitted from multiple NFL coaches already.
-
Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.
Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.
Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...
Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.
Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far. My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday. I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play. It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity. The question is, is this the staff to make that happen? Baker certainly hasn't benefitted from multiple NFL coaches already.
Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far. My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday. I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play. It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.
Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.
Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.
No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.
But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.
And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.
-
The way I see it, we have to play our division rivals twice a year. They didn't get it done in Pittsburgh this time, but maybe we get'em back in Cleveland. Same goes for the ratbirds. I would be sweet to finally beat them in the ketchup stadium, but a win is a win. Put a whoopin on them in Cleveland?
-
Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far. My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday. I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play. It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.
Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.
Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.
No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.
But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.
And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.
Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.
Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.
No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.
But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.
And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.
I'll be around.
-
Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.
Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.
No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.
But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.
And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.
I'll be around.
-
I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said?
-
I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said?
I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said?
My guess is because we run multiple sets. So excepting special situations such as a 2-minute drill, Stef's preference is to substitute.
As for no spread... again not a preference. I don't see us having the personnel to run 5 WRs or even 4 plus Hunt.... at least not since Hodge went on IR. Even then when Hodge was active Higgins was not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
