Skip to content

STEELER WEEK!

The Browns Board
358 36 9.1k 1
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    1 of 12 on 3rd down...awesome!!

    Baker looked like he was on dancing with the stars.

    Kudos to steeler defense for shutting us down.  Philly went 10 of 12 on 3rd down last week.  They corrected the problem.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Let's see how this goes at the end of the season in the rematch.

    I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon. 

    We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon. 

    We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know. 

    I think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers.    But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.

    adf83646c64f597d5c65fa3f64862824.jpg

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon. 

    We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know. 

    I think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers.    But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.

    adf83646c64f597d5c65fa3f64862824.jpg

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers.    But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.

    I think it's going to be the battle royale. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...

    It ended. 

    Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...

    I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net.  That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.

    And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...

    ... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @tour2ma said:

    Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...

    I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net.  That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.

    And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...

    ... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.

    Yesterday's game was the football equivalent of Custer's Last Stand. 

    But hey, I'm sure you were impressed by the few braves the 7th Cavalry took down before being slaughtered too. ?

  • @vagitron said:

    At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"

    The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries.  You have to persevere, the good teams do.  All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow.  I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.

    Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.

    Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.

    Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...

    Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.

    Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.

    Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...

    Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.

    Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.  The question is, is this the staff to make that happen? Baker certainly hasn't benefitted from multiple NFL coaches already.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.

    Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.

    Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...

    Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.

    Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.  The question is, is this the staff to make that happen? Baker certainly hasn't benefitted from multiple NFL coaches already.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.

    Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

    Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

    No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

    But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

    And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    The way I see it, we have to play our division rivals twice a year. They didn't get it done in Pittsburgh this time, but maybe we get'em back in Cleveland. Same goes for the ratbirds. I would be sweet to finally beat them in the ketchup stadium, but a win is a win. Put a whoopin on them in Cleveland?

  • @vagitron said:

    Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.

    Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

    Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

    No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

    But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

    And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

    Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

    No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

    But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

    And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

    I'll be around. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

    Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

    No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

    But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

    And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

    I'll be around. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I'll be around. 

    I'd expect no less...

    Win, lose or draw...

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo

    I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said? 

  • N Neo

    I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    I have been wondering, why do the Browns never run an up-tempo offense? When you play a good defense like Pittsburgh, you want to keep them on the field as long as possible, no letting them rotate players in and out. Why didn't they spread them out like Simms said? 

    My guess is because we run multiple sets. So excepting special situations such as a 2-minute drill, Stef's preference is to substitute.

    As for no spread... again not a preference. I don't see us having the personnel to run 5 WRs or even 4 plus Hunt.... at least not since Hodge went on IR. Even then when Hodge was active Higgins was not.