Skip to content

Sheldrick Redwine: the Ball Whisperer

The Browns Board
30 16 1.2k 1
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Not sure if anyone caught this tidbit of amusement after the game, but Redwine has a psychic connection to footballs where he can ask them to come to him, and then they do!

    https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2020/10/12/cleveland-browns-role-players-rise-32-23-win-vs-indianapolis-colts/5960804002/

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #2

    “When I walked onto the field, I stared at the ball — stared at for like five to 10 seconds — and just said, ‘I need you. I need you to come to me,’ and it came to me,” Redwine said. “It's crazy.”

    After the game, Redwine told the tale on Zoom — not once, but twice.

    “It's unexplainable,” Redwine said of speaking his first career interception into existence.

    ...................................

    Huh boy!  He's a fruitloop.  Great!  I bet he loves astrology...

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

  • If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @jrb12711 said:

    If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

    Pendejo has been terrible...

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Not to beat a dead horse as 98% of the Browns faithful understands that Sendejo needs to be a backup. 
     

    I expected a veteran that might be limited physically at this point but was able to be in position and make defensive calls.  He didn’t strike me as liability likes he’s been when I watched some Viking football over the years.
     

    I also expected him to probably play a significant role considering we had Redwine who didn’t perform well last year and a rookie Delpit learning a new system and the pro game during covid.  So this talk about well he’s just backup and signed as such- that’s garbage. 
     

    we overcame his poor play yesterday.  In a game where one play decides an outcome - we may not be so lucky.  

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    G9Qmzi.gif

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Jobu rocks!

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    You tellin me Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball?

  • If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @jrb12711 said:

    If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

    I wouldn't take any chances with that. If the ball comes Sendejo's way probably it's because there's a WR getting a big play downfield, or he will drop it and end up just being an incomplete pass. So no. Please. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    If he could teach that to Sendejo, it couldn't hurt. At this point that man should be praying to Thor himself.

    I wouldn't take any chances with that. If the ball comes Sendejo's way probably it's because there's a WR getting a big play downfield, or he will drop it and end up just being an incomplete pass. So no. Please. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #10

    @nero said:

    I wouldn't take any chances with that. If the ball comes Sendejo's way probably it's because there's a WR getting a big play downfield, or he will drop it and end up just being an incomplete pass. So no. Please. 

    It's time to start Redwine, flat out.

    there is even a petition to get Sendejo out of Cleveland.

    really.

    https://www.brownsnation.com/browns-fans-start-petition-to-get-andrew-sendejo-out-of-cleveland/

    Browns Fans Start Petition To Get Andrew Sendejo Out Of Cleveland

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Redwine thinks he can conjure up interceptions,  but can barely conjure up playing time? I forgot he was on the roster, honestly... 

  • Redwine thinks he can conjure up interceptions,  but can barely conjure up playing time? I forgot he was on the roster, honestly... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    Redwine thinks he can conjure up interceptions,  but can barely conjure up playing time? I forgot he was on the roster, honestly... 

    Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Redwine thinks he can conjure up interceptions,  but can barely conjure up playing time? I forgot he was on the roster, honestly... 

    Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

    4th rounder Gip.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

    4th rounder Gip.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @texasag1969 said:

    4th rounder Gip.

    OK,  but when you have 22+ starting positions on a football team, you kind of expect a 4th rounder to contribute...even start. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I certainly didn't forget.  He was, after all what? a second or third round pick?   At that, I fully expected him to come in and contribute.   I expect him to contribute quite a bit going forward. 

    4th rounder Gip.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    4th rounder Gip.

    And he was a reach at the time. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    4th rounder Gip.

    And he was a reach at the time. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And he was a reach at the time. 

    Ehhh... in a draft loaded with reaches, e.g. Taki in the 3rd, Siebert and Forbes anywhere, Redwine in the 4th was far from the most egregious. He had 4th-round grades on a number of draft sites... DraftNetwork for one and DraftScout, my go-to, had hm as a "3-4".

    Only real knock on him I recall was being a little slow on the uptake, i.e., play recognition. Everything else graded out well. A year and a half in two different systems may not have fixed him... yet, but an INT says he might at least have imporved.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And he was a reach at the time. 

    Ehhh... in a draft loaded with reaches, e.g. Taki in the 3rd, Siebert and Forbes anywhere, Redwine in the 4th was far from the most egregious. He had 4th-round grades on a number of draft sites... DraftNetwork for one and DraftScout, my go-to, had hm as a "3-4".

    Only real knock on him I recall was being a little slow on the uptake, i.e., play recognition. Everything else graded out well. A year and a half in two different systems may not have fixed him... yet, but an INT says he might at least have imporved.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Ehhh... in a draft loaded with reaches, e.g. Taki in the 3rd, Siebert and Forbes anywhere, Redwine in the 4th was far from the most egregious. He had 4th-round grades on a number of draft sites... DraftNetwork for one and DraftScout, my go-to, had hm as a "3-4".

    Only real knock on him I recall was being a little slow on the uptake, i.e., play recognition. Everything else graded out well. A year and a half in two different systems may not have fixed him... yet, but an INT says he might at least have imporved.

    Or blind squirrel / acorn.??️

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I thought it was "blind hog".

  • I thought it was "blind hog".

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    I thought it was "blind hog".

    That's just East Texas.?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Redwine was atrocious today btw.