Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. McIntyre: "They STEEL can't beat us here."

McIntyre: "They STEEL can't beat us here."

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 7 Posters 500 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Icecube I Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 436 Reputation
    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Jason McIntyre does a piece on "The Herd" called "Tomorrow's headlines today" where he makes predictions. He said Tomlin is 13-0 at home vs. the Browns and that that streak will continue. 

    Anyhow, he said the Browns will make the playoffs, but they are too beat up for this game and their safeties are just the worst. He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

    I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. Although, once again, OBJ was too sick to practice today, I think.  

    Bob806B GorkaG Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • I Icecube

      Jason McIntyre does a piece on "The Herd" called "Tomorrow's headlines today" where he makes predictions. He said Tomlin is 13-0 at home vs. the Browns and that that streak will continue. 

      Anyhow, he said the Browns will make the playoffs, but they are too beat up for this game and their safeties are just the worst. He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

      I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. Although, once again, OBJ was too sick to practice today, I think.  

      Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
      #2

      @icecube said:

      I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. 

      The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

      Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

      I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

      Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

      One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

      Karlis Missed
      I 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • Bob806B Bob806

        @icecube said:

        I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. 

        The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

        Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

        I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

        Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

        One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

        Icecube I Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 436 Reputation
        I Icecube wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @bob806 said:

        The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

        Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

        I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

        Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

        One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

        If the Browns get the rush going, they should win. If not, odds not good. If they can't rush, TJ, Dupree, Tuitt, Bush and their other goons are gonna come at Baker big time. 

        NeroN 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • I Icecube

          Jason McIntyre does a piece on "The Herd" called "Tomorrow's headlines today" where he makes predictions. He said Tomlin is 13-0 at home vs. the Browns and that that streak will continue. 

          Anyhow, he said the Browns will make the playoffs, but they are too beat up for this game and their safeties are just the worst. He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

          I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. Although, once again, OBJ was too sick to practice today, I think.  

          Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @icecube said:

          I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them.

          That's been the major talking point leading up to this game, but don't buy into it too much.

          Look how often we said how New England had benefited from playing weak teams,  yet when it came time to beat a good team they did that too.

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Well, I am hoping the squealers are squealing after this game.

            my concern is them cheapshotting Baker in the ribs, like after a play is over. away from the play.

            anyways....

            I am hoping for a big Browns win.

            like:

            https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198909100pit.htm

            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • I Icecube

              @bob806 said:

              The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

              Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

              I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

              Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

              One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

              If the Browns get the rush going, they should win. If not, odds not good. If they can't rush, TJ, Dupree, Tuitt, Bush and their other goons are gonna come at Baker big time. 

              Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @icecube said:

              If the Browns get the rush going, they should win. If not, odds not good. If they can't rush, TJ, Dupree, Tuitt, Bush and their other goons are gonna come at Baker big time. 

              Major key point here. I don't think even with Myles Garrett playing at DPOY level we can hold their Offense, so the best way we can defend is by not letting them have the ball and making long drives eating up clock. I think that it worked against Rivers too. Not only the pressure hit him, but also the fact that he had way less time on the field because Browns' drives were long. Making their O impatient can help us. 

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Stefanski has proven himself to be a brilliant hc, along with his staff. Baker is reportedly fine - I believe this

                may be the biggest game for the Browns' TE's so far. Baker will be ready for blitzes - the pukeboogers blitz like crazy.

                I expect a few wrinkles in defense. Without Chubb, the squealers will stack to shut down the run on first down, then try to shut down quick passes on second, and try to force the Browns offense into third and longs, and go crazy after them.

                First Browns play of the game - throw the freakin safe pass downfield. Get them wondering "wtf" from the first. Then start running at them. Me, I would play a lot of two back sets here and there, often? to protect Baker. They will come after his ribs, cheapshots is what they do. They draft dirty cheapshot players like Pollywannacrackyu.

                  It's history - first offensive play - bengals -playoff game vs the squealers... they took out Palmer's knee. That is just one example.

                Going to be a very rough game. Can't force the ball to OBJ.

                The Browns have injuries.... hope most of them can make the game.

                Even our excellent punter is questionable. dammit.

                https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/injuries/_/name/cle

                Cleveland Browns Injuries Oct 16

                 
                Jamie Gillan

                Jamie GillanP

                StatusQuestionable
                Gillan (groin) is questionable for Sunday's game versus the Steelers, Dan Labbe of Cleveland.com reports.
                 
                Jacob Phillips

                Jacob PhillipsLB

                StatusOut
                Phillips (knee) was ruled out for Sunday's game against the Steelers, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                 
                Wyatt Teller

                Wyatt TellerG

                StatusOut
                Teller (calf) was ruled out for Sunday's game at Pittsburgh, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                 
                Ronnie Harrison Jr.

                Ronnie Harrison Jr.S

                StatusOut
                Harrison (concussion) was ruled out for Sunday's game against the Steelers, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                 
                Olivier Vernon

                Olivier VernonDE

                StatusQuestionable
                Vernon (groin) is questionable for Sunday's game at Pittsburgh, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                 
                Larry Ogunjobi

                Larry OgunjobiDT

                StatusQuestionable
                Ogunjobi (abdomen) is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's divisional matchup against the Steelers, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                 
                Jarvis Landry

                Jarvis LandryWR

                StatusQuestionable
                Landry (ribs/hip) is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's contest in Pittsburgh, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
                 
                Odell Beckham Jr.

                Odell Beckham Jr.WR

                StatusQuestionable
                Beckham (illness) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Steelers, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
                 
                Baker Mayfield

                Baker MayfieldQB

                StatusQuestionable
                Mayfield (chest/ribs) is officially questionable for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
                 
                Karl Joseph

                Karl JosephS

                StatusOut
                Joseph (hamstring) is ruled out for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • I Icecube

                  Jason McIntyre does a piece on "The Herd" called "Tomorrow's headlines today" where he makes predictions. He said Tomlin is 13-0 at home vs. the Browns and that that streak will continue. 

                  Anyhow, he said the Browns will make the playoffs, but they are too beat up for this game and their safeties are just the worst. He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

                  I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. Although, once again, OBJ was too sick to practice today, I think.  

                  Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 30k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @icecube said:

                  He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

                  While I don't see "blow out", I am more concerned with each Injury and Practice report that the possibility grows.

                  Even with us 100% this would be a tough road win. There is a lot of history in addition to an established, very good team awaiting us Sunday. While I agree that PTG has not played a good team to this point in the season, with the exception of BLT neither have we. The combined record of the teams we have beaten is better than PTG's by virtue of a tie.

                  And now we are looking at playing with as many as 5 starters sidelined by injury/illness and as many again playing hurt. Meanwhile PTG is relatively healthy. Not exactly confidence inspiring...

                  "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 14k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I still think we're going to win the game.... injuries or not...

                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate