Skip to content

***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***

The Browns Board
147 35 3.8k 2
  • One added thought...

    Someone in the RB room not named Hunt needs to step up. Hunt's good, but we are going to wear him out long before Chubb is back.

    If no one does step up, then we might want to shop a fire sale.

    @tour2ma said:

    One added thought...

    Someone in the RB room not named Hunt needs to step up. Hunt's good, but we are going to wear him out long before Chubb is back.

    If no one does step up, then we might want to shop a fire sale.

    When is Chubb due back?

  • @tour2ma said:

    One added thought...

    Someone in the RB room not named Hunt needs to step up. Hunt's good, but we are going to wear him out long before Chubb is back.

    If no one does step up, then we might want to shop a fire sale.

    When is Chubb due back?

  • @tour2ma said:

    One added thought...

    Someone in the RB room not named Hunt needs to step up. Hunt's good, but we are going to wear him out long before Chubb is back.

    If no one does step up, then we might want to shop a fire sale.

    Dernest had one carry.  He appears to know the offense well as he’s been called on in key situations (Colts and Cowboy games).  Maybe the coaches need to call his number? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Dernest had one carry.  He appears to know the offense well as he’s been called on in key situations (Colts and Cowboy games).  Maybe the coaches need to call his number? 

    D'Ernest "went off" against the 'Boyz... prolly the worst D in the league... with 95 yards on 13 carries... and it's all been downhill from there...

    And in Week 6 he put the ball on the ground.

    I like the kid, but sometimes there's a reason a RB's snap count dwindles.

    image.png.87a9dd37728bf6208b92c9091f8da37b.png

  • The fact that Hunt was back healthy and that they were playing catch up The last two games plus against Dallas see where ahead by 20+ points which led to more ground action is the primary reason that Ernest Johnson isn’t getting the carries he was. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Dernest had one carry.  He appears to know the offense well as he’s been called on in key situations (Colts and Cowboy games).  Maybe the coaches need to call his number? 

    D'Ernest "went off" against the 'Boyz... prolly the worst D in the league... with 95 yards on 13 carries... and it's all been downhill from there...

    And in Week 6 he put the ball on the ground.

    I like the kid, but sometimes there's a reason a RB's snap count dwindles.

    image.png.87a9dd37728bf6208b92c9091f8da37b.png

    @tour2ma said:

    D'Ernest "went off" against the 'Boyz... prolly the worst D in the league... with 95 yards on 13 carries... and it's all been downhill from there...

    And in Week 6 he put the ball on the ground.

    I like the kid, but sometimes there's a reason a RB's snap count dwindles.

    image.png.87a9dd37728bf6208b92c9091f8da37b.png

    I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 
     

    Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

  • @tour2ma said:

    D'Ernest "went off" against the 'Boyz... prolly the worst D in the league... with 95 yards on 13 carries... and it's all been downhill from there...

    And in Week 6 he put the ball on the ground.

    I like the kid, but sometimes there's a reason a RB's snap count dwindles.

    image.png.87a9dd37728bf6208b92c9091f8da37b.png

    I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 
     

    Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 
     

    Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

    Wasn't Teller still playing in that game..?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 
     

    Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

    Wasn't Teller still playing in that game..?

    @nickers said:

    Wasn't Teller still playing in that game..?

    Teller went out early in that game.  The run was toward the end over the left side with a great block from a guy that was actually in the doghouse (Higgins)

  • @nickers said:

    Wasn't Teller still playing in that game..?

    Teller went out early in that game.  The run was toward the end over the left side with a great block from a guy that was actually in the doghouse (Higgins)

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Teller went out early in that game.  The run was toward the end over the left side with a great block from a guy that was actually in the doghouse (Higgins)

    Okay... I don't know why I couldnt remember that... Been a lot going on my life at the moment...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Besides a runnin' pissin' contest with Dutch? 🙂

    Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz... And I'm not into pissing contests...  No one really wins in the end...

  • @nickers said:

    Fix your catheter old man... You're leaking all over the place!

    OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

  • @nickers said:

    Fix your catheter old man... You're leaking all over the place!

    OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

    Sorry... You are wrong again... as usual..

  • @tour2ma said:

    Besides a runnin' pissin' contest with Dutch? 🙂

    Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz... And I'm not into pissing contests...  No one really wins in the end...

    @nickers said:

    Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz...

    Sorry to hear of the med stuff.... but the rest sounds positive... 🙂

    As for the jazz... I always thought I got a lil  Larry Coryell vibe off your avatar... 😉

  • Jordan Zirm@JordanZirm
    Ok, I can't get over this. Denzel Ward literally SLIDES underneath the block to blow up the WR screen
  • No personal attacks and name calling please.  🙂  I'll just delete 'em as fast as I see them.

  • @nickers said:

    Fix your catheter old man... You're leaking all over the place!

    OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

    Really dude? 

  • @nickers said:

    Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz...

    Sorry to hear of the med stuff.... but the rest sounds positive... 🙂

    As for the jazz... I always thought I got a lil  Larry Coryell vibe off your avatar... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Sorry to hear of the med stuff.... but the rest sounds positive... 🙂

    As for the jazz... I always thought I got a lil  Larry Coryell vibe off your avatar... 😉

    Larry was/is great... I'm more of a Rock/blues with elements of jazz mixed in kind of player.... I was sort of influenced by everything and just developed my own style what ever that is.. I never set out to reinvent the instrument like Eddie and other notables... I just wanted to play good guitar... And mainly have fun... I almost got to make the big time.. But alcohol use of a band member thwarted that dream.. But hey.. No regrets... It wasn't meant to be... And I'm plenty ok with that... 🙂

    Heres a little little live remake I did with a jam track of Hold the Line I found.. Its not perfect because I was dealing with a cut I got on my pinky from sliding lol.. oh well.. Enjoy!

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfXzNBDGEr/

  • No personal attacks and name calling please.  🙂  I'll just delete 'em as fast as I see them.

    @hoorta said:

    No personal attacks and name calling please.  🙂  I'll just delete 'em as fast as I see them.

    Every time I try to have an exchange with him he starts in on me and insinuates everyone but him is stupid... I got nothing personal against the man.. I respect the fact he is a man of the law on the judiciary side... So I at least have the mindset to respect his position... And give his experience the benefit of the doubt in dealing with the lives of others... But then the name callin starts...

  • Jordan Zirm@JordanZirm
    Ok, I can't get over this. Denzel Ward literally SLIDES underneath the block to blow up the WR screen

    @vambo said:

    I went OFF on that one yesterday.   It almost looked like a single ankle pick with the slide.  Then to make the tackle?  Insane.

  • Guys, if you need another jolt of happiness, watch this video. At the end keep your eyes on Joel Bitonio. He waits for the replay and after its confirmed he literally PRANCES off the field while high-stepping. Lol! 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Guys, if you need another jolt of happiness, watch this video. At the end keep your eyes on Joel Bitonio. He waits for the replay and after its confirmed he literally PRANCES off the field while high-stepping. Lol! 

    I like this view because it shows how well DPJ uses his frame. He used the slightest push off as #23 Phillips was turning for the ball. Excellent timing and placement from Baker and great body control from Peoples-Jones.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Guys, if you need another jolt of happiness, watch this video. At the end keep your eyes on Joel Bitonio. He waits for the replay and after its confirmed he literally PRANCES off the field while high-stepping. Lol! 

    I like this view because it shows how well DPJ uses his frame. He used the slightest push off as #23 Phillips was turning for the ball. Excellent timing and placement from Baker and great body control from Peoples-Jones.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I like this view because it shows how well DPJ uses his frame. He used the slightest push off as #23 Phillips was turning for the ball. Excellent timing and placement from Baker and great body control from Peoples-Jones.

    It's one for the ages for sure...