Skip to content

Sandejo

The Browns Board
90 23 2.7k 1
  • Redwine had awful moments, but there is zero chance Harrison/Joseph/Redwine is a worse combination then Sandejo right now. The amount of touchdowns that are DIRECTLY attributed to this dude has to be insane. If you want to keep him as the last man up for leadership? Fine, but my God get his ass off the field.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Redwine had awful moments, but there is zero chance Harrison/Joseph/Redwine is a worse combination then Sandejo right now. The amount of touchdowns that are DIRECTLY attributed to this dude has to be insane. If you want to keep him as the last man up for leadership? Fine, but my God get his ass off the field.

    Yeah , he's struggling bad out there and not only that... He's getting smoked out of position a lot of the time...

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Redwine had awful moments, but there is zero chance Harrison/Joseph/Redwine is a worse combination then Sandejo right now. The amount of touchdowns that are DIRECTLY attributed to this dude has to be insane. If you want to keep him as the last man up for leadership? Fine, but my God get his ass off the field.

    Yeah , he's struggling bad out there and not only that... He's getting smoked out of position a lot of the time...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah , he's struggling bad out there and not only that... He's getting smoked out of position a lot of the time...

    I was wondering where the little BBQ ad came from on the back of his jersey.?

  • Pendejo.jpg

  • First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

  • First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

    Oh, this should be fun...?

  • Well, another thread that I might skip on the coming days... Politic shit incoming. 

  • First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

    A very valid question. Don't let Mr. Fart annoy you. 

  • @lcdawgfan13 said:

    First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

    A very valid question. Don't let Mr. Fart annoy you. 

    @icecube said:

    A very valid question. Don't let Mr. Fart annoy you. 

    ice nickers.jpg

  • @icecube said:

    A very valid question. Don't let Mr. Fart annoy you. 

    ice nickers.jpg

    @dutch-oven said:

    ice nickers.jpg

    Transference. What's that story about what goes down in Canal Fulton?  

  • Sendejo is a pure liability who is usually only notable when he comes in with late hit or a barely missed helmet to helmet shot. I see him in the backfield motioning for team mates to do this and do that. Is this guy really the 'quarterback' of our defense? Then I see him try to get into every defensive photo op when he contributed NOTHING to the play. I think he's a complete fraud who wants to look like he's a useful part of the team but it's apparent his playing days are over.  I have a really hard time believing any other player, maybe even practice squad player,  would be as bad as he is.

  • image.thumb.png.f5fb32625e127a525c6a317595de76ac.png

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.thumb.png.f5fb32625e127a525c6a317595de76ac.png

    You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 
     

    Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 
     

    Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 
     

    Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

  • Jeremy Chinn just took home defensive rookie of the month.  =(

  • @tour2ma said:

    image.thumb.png.f5fb32625e127a525c6a317595de76ac.png

    You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 
     

    Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 
     

    Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 
     

    Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

    So he just might be better than Simmons... 😉

    @cbus-brownie said:

    You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 
     

    Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 
     

    Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 
     

    Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

    Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

    That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

    As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

    With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

    Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

  • So he just might be better than Simmons... 😉

    @cbus-brownie said:

    You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 
     

    Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 
     

    Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 
     

    Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

    Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

    That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

    As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

    With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

    Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

    @tour2ma said:

    So he just might be better than Simmons... 😉

    Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

    That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

    As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

    With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

    Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

    You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.' I believe there has to be someone better. Sendejo may be a good coach, but he sure as heck is helping our opponents more than us on a weekly basis. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    So he just might be better than Simmons... 😉

    Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

    That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

    As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

    With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

    Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

    You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.' I believe there has to be someone better. Sendejo may be a good coach, but he sure as heck is helping our opponents more than us on a weekly basis. 

    @hish747 said:

    You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.'

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

  • @hish747 said:

    You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.'

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    @tour2ma said:

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

     And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

    It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

  • @hish747 said:

    You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.'

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    @tour2ma said:

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

     And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

    It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

    @hish747 said:

    They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

    It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

    I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

    As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

    lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

    The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

  • @tour2ma said:

    In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

    Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

    What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

    And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

    Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

    @cbus-brownie said:

    Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

    Back at ya...

    But we neither need, nor are ready, to "win now"... not with one side of the ball so far from being competitive. Were we only a Sendejo replacement away from having a competitive D, then I, and I suspect our F.O., would be calling for his replacement.