Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. OBJ has torn ACL

OBJ has torn ACL

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
56 Posts 20 Posters 1.3k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bjh2130 bjh2130B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine First Post Collaborator Reacting Well One Year In Week One Done One Month Later
    • 1k Posts
    • 448 Reputation
    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I speculated yesterday in the tavern after seeing the reverse angle that OBJ tore the ACL in his left knee as it appeared to "pop". It has come out today that he is out for the season and tore his ACL. Hoping for a full speedy recovery for OBJ

    hoortaH I 2 Replies Last reply
    👍 😢
    Quote Reply
    • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 14k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
      D BoneD M S B 4 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • nickersN nickers

        Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

        D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 8k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @nickers said:

        Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

        I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

        Tour2maT alporciniA nickersN 3 Replies Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • D BoneD D Bone

          @nickers said:

          Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

          I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 30k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
          #4

          As I wrote elsewhere, we were just beginning to see what OBJ could bring to this team... and he seemed genuinely happy in doing it. I can't help but feel that we will miss him... he was our deep threat.

          One thing I know... we will see him again. He came back from one knee as a Giant...

          @d-bone said:

          ... and it's not my proudest moment...

          Thank God for that...

          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • D BoneD D Bone

            @nickers said:

            Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

            I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

            alporcini alporciniA Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 481 Posts
            • 161 Reputation
            alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @d-bone said:

            I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

            Don't disagree with you.

            I like how Pluto summed it up:

            "Mayfield looked free and easy because he was simply throwing to the open receiver – no matter who was on the receiving end of his passes. I believe Mayfield often has fixated on throwing to OBJ, or at least looking to OBJ first. The Browns and Mayfield will deny this. Stats show OBJ is receiving the fewest targets of his career in 2020. But my eyes tell me when Mayfield drops back to pass with his main options being Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, the tight ends and running backs – he’s back to 2018. He’s simply playing the game. See an open guy, deliver the pass. Don’t worry about the name on the jersey."

            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • bjh2130B bjh2130

              I speculated yesterday in the tavern after seeing the reverse angle that OBJ tore the ACL in his left knee as it appeared to "pop". It has come out today that he is out for the season and tore his ACL. Hoping for a full speedy recovery for OBJ

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @bjh2130 said:

              I speculated yesterday in the tavern after seeing the reverse angle that OBJ tore the ACL in his left knee as it appeared to "pop". It has come out today that he is out for the season and tore his ACL. Hoping for a full speedy recovery for OBJ

              I was hoping it wasn't, didn't initially look that bad. But the detailed doc breakdown certainly left open the possibility.  

              Oh well. Time for Higgins and Peoples-Jones to step up. You have to wonder with the obvious chemistry Hollywood has with Baker, why was he in Freddie's dog house all last year. 

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • D BoneD D Bone

                @nickers said:

                Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

                nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 14k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @d-bone said:

                I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

                I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                D BoneD The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • nickersN nickers

                  @d-bone said:

                  I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

                  I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

                  D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
                  #8

                  @nickers said:

                  I'm not trying to shit on the kid

                  Word has it, that would actually make him feel better.

                  Too soon? 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  😂
                  Quote Reply
                  • nickersN nickers

                    Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                    MDDawg M Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 860 Posts
                    • 351 Reputation
                    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @nickers said:

                    Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                    People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

                    nickersN The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • M MDDawg

                      @nickers said:

                      Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                      People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

                      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 14k Posts
                      • 5k Reputation
                      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mddawg said:

                      People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

                      We're not going to the SB.. This Defense is still too soft...

                      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                      Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • nickersN nickers

                        Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                        SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
                        #11

                        @nickers said:

                        Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                        Opposing teams game plan specifically for OBJ-  not Higgins, not DPJ.  He will be missed. 

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 14k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I just think Baker plays better when we don't have to appease OBJ's ego...

                          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • nickersN nickers

                            I just think Baker plays better when we don't have to appease OBJ's ego...

                            SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @nickers said:

                            I just think Baker plays better when we don't have to appease OBJ's ego...

                            Might be the case...but now we need a WR with  field stretching ability and someone that may need to be accounted for with safety help.  

                            nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • nickersN nickers

                              @d-bone said:

                              I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

                              I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @nickers said:

                              I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

                              What antics?

                              nickersN I 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • S SdBacker80

                                @nickers said:

                                I just think Baker plays better when we don't have to appease OBJ's ego...

                                Might be the case...but now we need a WR with  field stretching ability and someone that may need to be accounted for with safety help.  

                                nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                • 14k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @sdbacker80 said:

                                Might be the case...but now we need a WR with  field stretching ability and someone that may need to be accounted for with safety help.  

                                Jojo Natson wouldve been good for that had he not been injured...

                                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • M MDDawg

                                  @nickers said:

                                  Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

                                  People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @mddawg said:

                                  People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

                                  Right. Who is our deep threat now?

                                  5150k95 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                                    @nickers said:

                                    I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

                                    What antics?

                                    nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 14k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    What antics?

                                    him taking his shoes off.. crying and whining like a bitch when he doesn't get the ball... C'mon Gip... This asshole has a history of antics..

                                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • nickersN nickers

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      What antics?

                                      him taking his shoes off.. crying and whining like a bitch when he doesn't get the ball... C'mon Gip... This asshole has a history of antics..

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @nickers said:

                                      him taking his shoes off.. crying and whining like a bitch when he doesn't get the ball... C'mon Gip... This asshole has a history of antics..

                                      That is a bunch of minor nothing that is all in your mind because of it being filled with hate. 

                                      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                                        @nickers said:

                                        him taking his shoes off.. crying and whining like a bitch when he doesn't get the ball... C'mon Gip... This asshole has a history of antics..

                                        That is a bunch of minor nothing that is all in your mind because of it being filled with hate. 

                                        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 14k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        That is a bunch of minor nothing that is all in your mind because of it being filled with hate. 

                                        Yes.. I hate players who think they are bigger than the game...

                                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • nickersN nickers

                                          @the-gipper said:

                                          That is a bunch of minor nothing that is all in your mind because of it being filled with hate. 

                                          Yes.. I hate players who think they are bigger than the game...

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @nickers said:

                                          Yes.. I hate players who think they are bigger than the game...

                                          Again only your perception of things not reality. You are predisposed to hate someone so you do. Period. 

                                          nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate