Skip to content

OBJ has torn ACL

The Browns Board
56 20 1.3k 1
  • Odell Beckham Jr. suffers season-ending injury: how it affects his contract with the Browns

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/odell-beckham-jr-suffers-season-ending-injury-how-it-affects-his-contract-with-the-browns

    The New York Giants traded Beckham to the Browns in 2018. A core muscle injury last year, coupled with a slow start this year and no remaining guarantees on his contract after this season, have left many wondering if the star wide receiver might be traded or cut.

    But Sunday night’s injury against the Cincinnati Bengals essentially solidified his place on next year’s roster because of an injury clause in his contract.

    According to the NFL Network, Beckham will earn $15.75 million next year – $12.97 million of which becomes guaranteed after an injury. That figure becomes a full guarantee if he’s on the roster by the third day of the league year, which he likely will be if he’s unable to pass a physical at that point – making him “uncuttable.”

    A trade would also be unlikely with three years left on his contract coming off a serious injury.

  • Maybe we should sign Dez Bryant off the Ravens practice squad, we need another WR and it will possibly negatively impact the Ravens.

  • We have no WR on this roster that can take the top off of a defense draw a safety deep and allow Landry to work well underneath.  
     

    If it makes you feel better by thinking Baker can now exhale or Beckham wasn’t a team guy fine...I don’t know if either of those points are or aren’t the case but the point I mentioned first needs to be answered by someone stepping into that role.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe I have to change my mind maybe you do have a monopoly on stupid. Oh wait no you don’t    ice cube is on here as well. He’s projecting his own obtuseness on to others. The fact is OBJ’s teammates and coaches all thought he was a perfect Lee great teammate. But the two of you know better than they do of course. 

    No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.. What people say in public.. Does NOT always reflect how they really feel... Most people in the work place tow the company line...

    @nickers said:

    No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.. What people say in public.. Does NOT always reflect how they really feel... Most people in the work place tow the company line...

    Completely true. BUT, you want us to side with you and the opinion he has been a bad teammate over the ones that are around him?

    You don't see how offbeat that sounds?

    And Icecube has some kind of vendetta against OBJ. I don't think anyone on here would be able to figure it out. And before he responds, no matter what his intentions are, it comes off as just disliking him, not just that he could conceivably be a bad fit.

    And if needed, there are examples of guys changing their spots so to speak in a different location whether that is through play or actions 

  • We have no WR on this roster that can take the top off of a defense draw a safety deep and allow Landry to work well underneath.  
     

    If it makes you feel better by thinking Baker can now exhale or Beckham wasn’t a team guy fine...I don’t know if either of those points are or aren’t the case but the point I mentioned first needs to be answered by someone stepping into that role.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have no WR on this roster that can take the top off of a defense

    Exactly - OBJ was it, period.

    DPJ does inspire fear - in himself that he'll drop whatever is thrown to him. There's no FA out there; Dez was recruited by Ravens for the last 3 years.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    by someone stepping into that role

    Nobody can. Everyone else is a possession receiver. KhaDarel Hodge [returns to practice tomorrow] may have a top gear but takes 20 yards to get there; JoJo Natson is quick but not fast.

  • It's weird, I can't disagree with the idea that OBJ was really this team's only real deep threat, and the receiving threat that would cause opposing defenses to worry about the most on the Browns. 

    But I also can't disagree that, overall, Baker looks better WITHOUT OBJ. 

  • Unfortunately I believe this means he will be a Brown next season

  • Unfortunately I believe this means he will be a Brown next season

    @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately I believe this means he will be a Brown next season

    He will have missed 40% of his last four seasons come next year. 

    The Browns need to consider if he's someone they can depend on. Not sure what his contract status is, but that's a lot of money for someone who seems to be breaking down. 

  • @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately I believe this means he will be a Brown next season

    He will have missed 40% of his last four seasons come next year. 

    The Browns need to consider if he's someone they can depend on. Not sure what his contract status is, but that's a lot of money for someone who seems to be breaking down. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He will have missed 40% of his last four seasons come next year. 

    The Browns need to consider if he's someone they can depend on. Not sure what his contract status is, but that's a lot of money for someone who seems to be breaking down. 

    I believe I heard based on his contract and when he would be able to pass a physical he’s a Brown unless they trade him.  Not sure what his value would be coming off the injury.  Just another bad Browns front office move.

  • It's weird, I can't disagree with the idea that OBJ was really this team's only real deep threat, and the receiving threat that would cause opposing defenses to worry about the most on the Browns. 

    But I also can't disagree that, overall, Baker looks better WITHOUT OBJ. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's weird, I can't disagree with the idea that OBJ was really this team's only real deep threat, and the receiving threat that would cause opposing defenses to worry about the most on the Browns. 

    But I also can't disagree that, overall, Baker looks better WITHOUT OBJ. 

    lol... reminds me of the Truman quote about a one-armed Economist...

    @baconhound said:

    I believe I heard based on his contract and when he would be able to pass a physical he’s a Brown unless they trade him.  Not sure what his value would be coming off the injury.  Just another bad Browns front office move.

    Fuckin', Sashi...

    At least we never missed Zeitler...

    Wait... it was not Sashi?