Skip to content

Here comes the Raiders

The Browns Board
37 16 1.1k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Someone needs to remind me again as to who we have to replace Sendejo.

    This argument is weaker and weaker after each passing week. 
     

    Is he a cap buster? No. So this isn’t a situation where economic realities step in the way of just cutting him.

    Could you bench him And find another guy marginally better? Yes and I’d say yes to the second part.   I shook off his play being just a case of having a bad week early on.

    Browns fans are conditioned to think the way you are thinking with that post.  We are 5-2, a blown coverage may cost a playoff spot not like most years where it’s just another L and now a 2-14 record and a better pick. 
     

    I admit I thought this was a solid signing.  And then after COVID (I think he signed prior to covid) I was on the sign all the vets you can bandwagon in case of outbreaks.  He also played decently well when I watched Minnesota games. He’s not comfortable here with this defense and maybe Father Time is catching up 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    1. This argument is weaker and weaker after each passing week. 
    2. Is he a cap buster? No. So this isn’t a situation where economic realities step in the way of just cutting him.
    3. Could you bench him And find another guy marginally better? Yes and I’d say yes to the second part.   I shook off his play being just a case of having a bad week early on.
    4. Browns fans are conditioned to think the way you are thinking with that post.  We are 5-2, a blown coverage may cost a playoff spot not like most years where it’s just another L and now a 2-14 record and a better pick.
    1. And yet I noticed you did not offer a name.
    2. And replace him with?
    3. And his replacement is?
    4. Which way of thinking is that? Reasoned? Analytical? Realistic? As for Playoffs... I've already said making them is just gravy on our 2020 season. If we blow a coverage and allow a TD, just means the Offense, the side of the ball we invested in this year, has to score one more TD than they'd otherwise have had to do that week. That's who we are this season.
  • As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    @d-bone said:

    As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    That game in Oakland in Baker's rookie season (his first NFL start?) was an odd one, for sure.

  • As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    @d-bone said:

    As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    I remember this game. I was at the Browns Backer Bar with my Pops and I want to say we ran it in on 3rd or 4th down with hardly any time left. I remember it being a very ballsy call to dial up an outside run and the entire bar went nuts and chugged their beers. I loved it! 

    For the win! 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    1. This argument is weaker and weaker after each passing week. 
    2. Is he a cap buster? No. So this isn’t a situation where economic realities step in the way of just cutting him.
    3. Could you bench him And find another guy marginally better? Yes and I’d say yes to the second part.   I shook off his play being just a case of having a bad week early on.
    4. Browns fans are conditioned to think the way you are thinking with that post.  We are 5-2, a blown coverage may cost a playoff spot not like most years where it’s just another L and now a 2-14 record and a better pick.
    1. And yet I noticed you did not offer a name.
    2. And replace him with?
    3. And his replacement is?
    4. Which way of thinking is that? Reasoned? Analytical? Realistic? As for Playoffs... I've already said making them is just gravy on our 2020 season. If we blow a coverage and allow a TD, just means the Offense, the side of the ball we invested in this year, has to score one more TD than they'd otherwise have had to do that week. That's who we are this season.

    @tour2ma said:

    1. And yet I noticed you did not offer a name.
    2. And replace him with?
    3. And his replacement is?
    4. Which way of thinking is that? Reasoned? Analytical? Realistic? As for Playoffs... I've already said making them is just gravy on our 2020 season. If we blow a coverage and allow a TD, just means the Offense, the side of the ball we invested in this year, has to score one more TD than they'd otherwise have had to do that week. That's who we are this season.

    I don’t have time to name the all. And I’d even go first or second year guy off the scrap heap.  Could they possibly be out of position more??? And they are likely to be more fluid and athletic. 

  • @d-bone said:

    As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    That game in Oakland in Baker's rookie season (his first NFL start?) was an odd one, for sure.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That game in Oakland in Baker's rookie season (his first NFL start?) was an odd one, for sure.

    Bitter sweet game.

    Refs were atrocious. The overturned spot??? 

    I thought Chubb was Byner reincarnated

    I was going to go to the game but my wife wanted me around and didn’t want me to die in the black hole.  She’d probably reconsider that right now lol.

  • Weird vs. OAK is right... and it started with our first meeting in Oakland in 1970.

    I can remember us knocking Daryl Lamonica out of the game and old, George Blanda trotting onto the field to lead the Raiders to a come from behind win.

    But will it be as weird vs. the LV Raiders?

    We had a habit of losing to vet backups that came of the bench back in those days. Happened against St. Louis a couple times when Charlie Johnson subbed for Jim Hart. Got so that when my Dad and I saw the opposing QB was slow to get up that we'd urge him to do so... and groan if he didn't.

  • Injury Updates for Thursday...

    image.png.c009169534f00bc5d5e9569df78d3f06.png

    image.png.75485cc685746520126d1ffd58d7ecdf.png

  • And Practice Reports...

    image.thumb.png.fc5d87df9f33ac1633e936e84ba6ca78.png

    image.thumb.png.717a8a55e377edfbe0070031bfa94826.png

  • As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    @d-bone said:

    As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    I think that was on 4th & goal? Metcalf scored 4 TDs in that win, yay.

  • @d-bone said:

    As a dude who in 1993 got to watch in person Eric Metcalf high step into the end zone for the win against the Raiders, I know that whenever they meet, it's usually a crazy game with the Browns having their hands full.... to say the very least. 

    This game worries me. 

    I think that was on 4th & goal? Metcalf scored 4 TDs in that win, yay.

    @bob806 said:

    I think that was on 4th & goal? Metcalf scored 4 TDs in that win, yay.

    Just Win Baby.jpg

  • The big question is: Why would we expect the D to suddenly get much better? Will Carr throw a 40 point party on the Browns? 

  • Today's injury update...

    Teller is OUT again with apparently the world's worst calf injury. He must have torn it.

    image.png.d73c975e381d54540be6b42aca47d781.png

    Meanwhile LV barely has a list...

    image.png.0309222a077e6603b0fa97d5b7b8aec2.png

  • Practice reports are out as well...

    image.thumb.png.f108c8ec85021e03554b5e5df55416d9.png

    image.thumb.png.ee5ab9c2c6063a766902ba379d26cd99.png

  •   Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 145 216 92 288
    Raiders 114 270 120 284
  •   Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 145 216 92 288
    Raiders 114 270 120 284

    @orion said:

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 145 216 92 288
    Raiders 114 270 120 284

    Considering the weather report, it should be a tough game for passing, which in theory should give the Browns the advantage.

    Can't wait to get Chubb and Teller back. 

  • @orion said:

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 145 216 92 288
    Raiders 114 270 120 284

    Considering the weather report, it should be a tough game for passing, which in theory should give the Browns the advantage.

    Can't wait to get Chubb and Teller back. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Considering the weather report, it should be a tough game for passing, which in theory should give the Browns the advantage.

    Can't wait to get Chubb and Teller back. 

    Sometimes, if a team knows that you 'have to' run to be effective, they can take it away (to varying degrees, depending on the defensive talent).  And without Chubb, we're not as good a running team.  When Hunt has to sit, D'Ernest Johnson is no Chubb or Hunt coming off the bench.  Johnson is noticeably slower.  And we're, in theory, a weaker passing team without OBJ.  Couple that with Hooper being out.  We're fortunate to have some depth at TE but Hooper was the starter for a reason.

    Both teams appear weak against the pass.  The weather may help both teams in that regard...or not.  We need to not turn the ball over.

    On my schedule I have this as a must win game.  (the, You Gotta Win The Games You're Supposed To Win, theory)  And in reality, this is one of the teams that we're competing with for a wild card spot.  We need to hold the tiebreaker against them.

    It'd be awfully nice to get into the bye at 6-2.

  • Someone needs to remind me again as to who we have to replace Sendejo.

    @tour2ma said:

    Someone needs to remind me again as to who we have to replace Sendejo.

    Sendejo is graded 44.7 on Pro Football Focus

    Here are the other Browns Safety grades:

    Ronnie Harrison 79.6

    Sheldrick 69.6

    Jovante Moffat 61.8

    Karl Joseph 49

    YW. Hopefully that helps.