Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Predictions eight games in? (2020)

Predictions eight games in? (2020)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 14 Posters 818 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • tinythinker tinythinkerT Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 911 Posts
    • 89 Reputation
    tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by tinythinker
    #1

    Did this poll in 2015, 2017, 2018m and 2019 (missed in 2016), and it always been "four games in". It's usually an early gauge as it's hard to effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse).

    This year hasn't been typical in many ways (no preseason, etc.), and when I realized I missed the quarter mark of the season I put this off. Now, at the midway point with a bye week coming up, it's a good time to add it back. Where do you think the season is headed compared to when the team was 3-1 or 4-1. What does it look like from here?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
      #2

      It is not letting my vote.

      Nevertheless, had they won today I would have said  11 if they started  6-2.   Now I say 10 still.   We have some shitty teams coming up, and despite this piss poor performance we should beat them. 

      B 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 8k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

        Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

        Dutch OvenD B 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • D BoneD D Bone

          I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

          Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

          Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 15k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @d-bone said:

          I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

          Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

          That's what I got too... 

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5
            10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
            11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
            12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
            13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
            14 Mon December 14 8:15PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
            15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
            16 Sun December 27 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
            17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steele

            I am seeing 5 we should win.   (but obviously not if they are going to perform like today).

            NeroN 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • MDDawg M Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 860 Posts
              • 351 Reputation
              M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Still sticking to my 10 wins prediction.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 1k Posts
                • 474 Reputation
                hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I’ll say 10, but only if they trade to fix this awful defense. 

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 10k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  It won’t let me vote. Just had the totals

                  "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hish747 hish747H Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 269 Posts
                    • 110 Reputation
                    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    10-6

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                      • 18k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                      #10

                      I'm going back to my high pick of 9-7...... just above my original pick of 8-8 which I thought was way low when they were 5-2 and people were kicking around playoffs,

                      And Baker had everyone all cranked up with his 5 TD performance.

                      Ahhhhh gotta love our BROWNS no matter what !     🙂🙁.

                      ........ edit,  32 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED.......  BUT IT SHOWS 6.......Poll closes on 11/15/2020 at 12:30 PM.........BUT I CAN'T GET MY VOTE IN ????

                      Voting irregularities ?  Mail-in voters not counted ?  It's rigged !   😆. 

                      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      😂
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper
                        10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
                        11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
                        12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
                        13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
                        14 Mon December 14 8:15PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
                        15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
                        16 Sun December 27 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
                        17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steele

                        I am seeing 5 we should win.   (but obviously not if they are going to perform like today).

                        Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
                        11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
                        12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
                        13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
                        14 Mon December 14 8:15PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
                        15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
                        16 Sun December 27 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
                        17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steele

                        I am seeing 5 we should win.   (but obviously not if they are going to perform like today).

                        Thanks! I wanted this. 

                        We SHOULD win Giants, Jaguars and Jets. Texans and Eagles would be nice, too. Far away from winning Baltimore and Pittsburgh with our performance so far.

                        So, with 3-5 wins left... I'll say we end up 9-7. 

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 5k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
                          #12

                          Giants, Jets and Jags better be W's, so starting the bar at 8-8.

                          Seems likely we get at least one more of those games (with the Texans and Eagles circled), so 9-7 seems very realistic. Looking at the wild card currently, LV, Indy, and Miami seem to be the three barriers to entry (assuming Baltimore firmly has the 5 seed). Colts have a much harder schedule, Raiders are about even (colts vs raiders may be a big game for us), and dolphins about even too. Just sincerely hope we have an ace up our sleeve to get a little help on the defensive side of the ball before the trade deadline.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • D BoneD D Bone

                            I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

                            Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

                            browns52 B Banned One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 123 Reputation
                            B browns52 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @d-bone said:

                            I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

                            Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

                            8 and 8 it is...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • The GipperT The Gipper

                              It is not letting my vote.

                              Nevertheless, had they won today I would have said  11 if they started  6-2.   Now I say 10 still.   We have some shitty teams coming up, and despite this piss poor performance we should beat them. 

                              browns52 B Banned One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 123 Reputation
                              B browns52 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @the-gipper said:

                              It is not letting my vote.

                              Nevertheless, had they won today I would have said  11 if they started  6-2.   Now I say 10 still.   We have some shitty teams coming up, and despite this piss poor performance we should beat them. 

                              until we show that we can stop the run....and with this front 7 it looks almost impossible.....we might win 3  more games...jets and giants.and possibly jax...the d needs to be addressed this off season....i don't think we are making the playoffs this yr even with the new format.....unless the d comes aroung....

                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                • 14k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I had them winning 6 games this season.. But being as we are 5-3... We should eclipse that...

                                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                T 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • B browns52

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  It is not letting my vote.

                                  Nevertheless, had they won today I would have said  11 if they started  6-2.   Now I say 10 still.   We have some shitty teams coming up, and despite this piss poor performance we should beat them. 

                                  until we show that we can stop the run....and with this front 7 it looks almost impossible.....we might win 3  more games...jets and giants.and possibly jax...the d needs to be addressed this off season....i don't think we are making the playoffs this yr even with the new format.....unless the d comes aroung....

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @browns52 said:

                                  until we show that we can stop the run....and with this front 7 it looks almost impossible.....we might win 3  more games...jets and giants.and possibly jax...the d needs to be addressed this off season....i don't think we are making the playoffs this yr even with the new format.....unless the d comes aroung....

                                  We need to make the playoffs this year.  We need to do some  things...now, not wait until the offseason.  The D won't come around on its own....it has to have an infusion of help.  Still for the life of me I don't know why we could not go for an Earl Thomas or a Clay Matthews....or some proven veteran talent.  What is Berry afraid of? That he will use up some small part of his cap space? 

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • nickersN nickers

                                    I had them winning 6 games this season.. But being as we are 5-3... We should eclipse that...

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @nickers said:

                                    I had them winning 6 games this season.. But being as we are 5-3... We should eclipse that...

                                    Same here. But after watching yesterday's total disaster, not so sure we don't do a complete el foldo. That was pure shit!?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • tinythinker tinythinkerT Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 911 Posts
                                      • 89 Reputation
                                      tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      The poll is over, with the votes showing up falling between 8 and 12 wins for the season.


                                      The second half of the season is about to get underway.

                                      Time to see what the 2020-21 Browns can do.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        After todays game, we're 6-3. If we win the Eagles we can get hyped for the offseason, because we'll be 7-3 with Jags, Jets and Giants left to play.

                                        So let's win the Eagles. 

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate