Skip to content

What's On Your Bucket List?

Barber Shop Talk
19 6 832
  • @the-gipper said:

    My primary bucket list, as you all probably know, is to travel America, and other places.  I have achieved all of these already:

    A. I have been to every state....and 49 of them twice or more over.  Only Alaska have I visited just once...and I have a cruise scheduled to there for next summer.

    D. There are 61 National Parks.  I have been to 54 of them.  Not all are on my bucket list, as 5 are in remote Alaska, and one in Samoa.  My bucket list is to hit them all that are in the "Lower 48".  I have only 1 left:  Pinnacles in California.

    H. . I would still consider doing some road trips to see Browns games.  I had thought seriously about doing Dallas this year had a group been going, and Jacksonville...but those all go bollixed up for this year. 

    My bucket list is to camp in all of the lower 48 states. So far, my wife and I have done all except Delaware,  Florida, New Jersey, Kansas, North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, & New Mexico. New Mexico canceled us on our annual fall trip because of Covid. So 40 out of 48 is pretty good. We love to camp in state parks (believe it or not- Arkansas has the best state park system).

    I also try to link up a Browns road game with our fall trips. Sometimes it works out, most of the time it doesn't ( we have grand kids in Texas now, so we devote much of our travel to seeing them). 

    Kudos to all those National Park visits, that's awesome. We've been to around 20. I put Bryce Canyon, Arches, Yosemite & Glacier at the top. Honorable mention to Acadia. 

    I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    @bob806 said:

    I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    We loved our two trips to Spain-one to Barcelona and the other to Madrid and western Spain. Very surprised at the extent of old Roman Empire ruins in western Spain, particularly Merida.

    Take a look in the lower part of this link.

    https://learningtobreatheabroad.com/roman-ruins-in-merida-spain/

    We also enjoyed our trip to Italy with stays in Rome, Florence, Venice and the Tuscan countryside.

  • I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

  • We will be part of China soon so you can add that to your list.?

  • I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

    Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

    Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

    Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

    @bob806 said:

    Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

    I highly recommend St. John, USVI, especially if you like snorkeling. 

    Beside Spain & Italy I've been to France, Belgium, Azores, Bermuda, Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Venezuela, Vietnam and Disney Island.??‍♀️ 

    Argentina is high on my future list along with back to eastern Spain to meet Nero and get his free tour. Wife has the Netherlands on her list for the Art Museums. I have no desire 

    to see China. There are a couple of Caribbean Islands I'd like to see, because I like snorkeling. There is an area in Venezuela that is the best I've ever seen for that, but right now

    it's an absolute disaster too dangerous for Americans.

  • @bob806 said:

    Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

    I highly recommend St. John, USVI, especially if you like snorkeling. 

    Beside Spain & Italy I've been to France, Belgium, Azores, Bermuda, Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Venezuela, Vietnam and Disney Island.??‍♀️ 

    Argentina is high on my future list along with back to eastern Spain to meet Nero and get his free tour. Wife has the Netherlands on her list for the Art Museums. I have no desire 

    to see China. There are a couple of Caribbean Islands I'd like to see, because I like snorkeling. There is an area in Venezuela that is the best I've ever seen for that, but right now

    it's an absolute disaster too dangerous for Americans.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Wife has the Netherlands on her list for the Art Museums. I have no desire to see China.

    I will probably get to the Netherlands in 2022, also explore other places near there, possibly Finland, Norway or Sweden. Too far out to plan.

    China was unbelievable, visited last summer for the World Police and Fire Games. Started in Chengdu where the competitions were, then went to the Guilin/Yangshaou region which was truly spectacular ( Li River National Park, ), then flew home from Hong Kong. The humidity was worse than Houston but honestly the scenery was amazing (August 2019). Of course, not to get too political, the stupid virus basically gives a black eye to China (the people we found friendly, the government there, well...).

    IMG_20190813_123505.jpg

    IMG_20190814_094758.jpg

  • Well I've never been to Spain
    But I kinda like the music
    Say the ladies are insane there
    And they sure know how to use it
    They don't abuse it
    Never gonna lose it
    I can't refuse it

  • Well I've never been to Spain
    But I kinda like the music
    Say the ladies are insane there
    And they sure know how to use it
    They don't abuse it
    Never gonna lose it
    I can't refuse it

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well I've never been to Spain
    But I kinda like the music
    Say the ladies are insane there
    And they sure know how to use it
    They don't abuse it
    Never gonna lose it
    I can't refuse it

    And at our age "What does it matter?, What does it matter?"??

  • My bucket list is to camp in all of the lower 48 states.

    If by camping you mean staying in a resort or a hotel, I have accomplished that for all 50 states.  

    My goal is to stay in a timeshare resort in all the states that have one  (there are 5 states that do not have one....including Ohio now).  There are still 8 of those out there, but I have two of them scheduled for the future:  Connecticut and Mississipi.   The other  6 are Delaware, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Oregon, all of which I hope to get to in like the next 3 years..      Besides Ohio there are no timeshare resorts in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas. 

  • comeing back to Cleveland for a playoff run 

  • comeing back to Cleveland for a playoff run 

    @atom said:

    comeing back to Cleveland for a playoff run 

    Good one, but nothing certain.   And I assume you do not mean for a game, as it is still unlikely that we would have a game here. 

  • @atom said:

    comeing back to Cleveland for a playoff run 

    Good one, but nothing certain.   And I assume you do not mean for a game, as it is still unlikely that we would have a game here. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Good one, but nothing certain.   And I assume you do not mean for a game, as it is still unlikely that we would have a game here. 

    ah fuck man I would love to be back from week 1 to 16 and beyond