Week 10: Texans @ Browns... Bye-Bye, Bye / Hello, Houston
-
More likely TNF tonite...
Meanwhile back at the thread...
This "mailbag" Q&A seems appropriate...
What is the update on Nick Chubb's and Wyatt Teller's return from injury — Elizabeth B., Parma Heights
Both players are progressing well in their respective rehabs, coach Kevin Stefanski said earlier this week. Whether or not that means either player will be back Week 10 against the Houston Texans remains to be seen, but it hasn't been ruled out.
What is going on with Greedy Williams? When can we expect him to play his first game of the season? — Nick D., Wayne, West Virginia
That's yet to be determined. What we know is Williams continues to work hard behind the scenes while recovering from a nerve issue in his injured shoulder.
"He is working very, very hard," Stefanski said. "We are just going to keep seeing if he progresses over the next few weeks."
-
Browns have extra ready-time... so do we.
Couple story-lines to watch...
- our return to health, and
- Texans' CoVid woes.
In Week 9 HOU has again had to close their facility and revert to virtual meetings due to a player testing positive for CoVid-19.
Meanwhile as we await word on Chubb and Teller (apparently Penn Jillette has been replaced), our Injury Report has gotten shorter.

However, no Practice Reports have been filed as yet.
Meanwhile as we await word on Chubb and Teller (apparently Penn Jillette has been replaced), our INjury Report has gotten shorter.
I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye, I find myself having difficulty seeing us win the games people think we're going to win.
What I mean is, I think we can lose to anyone. Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week? On paper, the Bucs are a top 5 team and the Giants are near the bottom. The Bucs also have a terrific defense and should have laid the boom down on Daniel Jones. That didn't happen and the game was close for most of the content. Why does that matter to us? Because I don't see how we're going to get teams into punting situations. We've given up the second most first downs in the entire league. We've forced one punt in the past two games. Teams are around 14-16 against us on 4th down.
Not only THAT, but we're vulnerable in the middle of the field and Watson is going to be an unholy nightmare. The GOOD news is that we'll be away from the weather and our team SHOULD compete on artificial turf, although we're desperately going to miss OBJ so much it won't be funny. I can pretty much promise you that either Hodge or Taylor will be targeted on multiple deep shots next Sunday. That's a part of our offense that we really haven't been able to get going and it's driving coach insane.
Back to your thoughts...we should be much healthier on offense, and I can't WAIT to see Teller, Hooper, and Chubb back in action. I'm serious, we're going to look strong and should move the ball well against Houston. Defensively, well...that's another story. We don't have linebackers, our DL shat the muffin again, and we need to pray to the heavens that Garrett is totally fine.
We're prepared to make a run to the playoffs, but it's not going to be easy. We're nowhere NEAR good enough to automatically think we're going to beat ANYONE except for the Jets. We are going to lose to one of the shitty teams, I'm just calling it now. However, we are also going to beat one of the GOOD teams on our schedule, most likely the Titans. I think we can beat them, and I can't wait to see it.
I think it's OK to simultaneously be excited at our progress AND be disappointed by our struggles. We have 3 games where we scored 7 points or less. That's dumb. Last game the Raiders came into our house and possessed the ball FIFTEEN more minutes than we did. That's an entire quarter more than us. Again, dumb. Are we better? Yes. Is this more fun than pretty much every other year? Yes. Are we going to the playoffs? Ehhh.....
But you know what? This shit is fun. We have a REAL coach, and I love so much about him. I really hope we finish strong because I want to see us in the playoffs and I want to see Baker come back and be our QB for years to come.
-
Meanwhile as we await word on Chubb and Teller (apparently Penn Jillette has been replaced), our INjury Report has gotten shorter.
I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye, I find myself having difficulty seeing us win the games people think we're going to win.
What I mean is, I think we can lose to anyone. Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week? On paper, the Bucs are a top 5 team and the Giants are near the bottom. The Bucs also have a terrific defense and should have laid the boom down on Daniel Jones. That didn't happen and the game was close for most of the content. Why does that matter to us? Because I don't see how we're going to get teams into punting situations. We've given up the second most first downs in the entire league. We've forced one punt in the past two games. Teams are around 14-16 against us on 4th down.
Not only THAT, but we're vulnerable in the middle of the field and Watson is going to be an unholy nightmare. The GOOD news is that we'll be away from the weather and our team SHOULD compete on artificial turf, although we're desperately going to miss OBJ so much it won't be funny. I can pretty much promise you that either Hodge or Taylor will be targeted on multiple deep shots next Sunday. That's a part of our offense that we really haven't been able to get going and it's driving coach insane.
Back to your thoughts...we should be much healthier on offense, and I can't WAIT to see Teller, Hooper, and Chubb back in action. I'm serious, we're going to look strong and should move the ball well against Houston. Defensively, well...that's another story. We don't have linebackers, our DL shat the muffin again, and we need to pray to the heavens that Garrett is totally fine.
We're prepared to make a run to the playoffs, but it's not going to be easy. We're nowhere NEAR good enough to automatically think we're going to beat ANYONE except for the Jets. We are going to lose to one of the shitty teams, I'm just calling it now. However, we are also going to beat one of the GOOD teams on our schedule, most likely the Titans. I think we can beat them, and I can't wait to see it.
I think it's OK to simultaneously be excited at our progress AND be disappointed by our struggles. We have 3 games where we scored 7 points or less. That's dumb. Last game the Raiders came into our house and possessed the ball FIFTEEN more minutes than we did. That's an entire quarter more than us. Again, dumb. Are we better? Yes. Is this more fun than pretty much every other year? Yes. Are we going to the playoffs? Ehhh.....
But you know what? This shit is fun. We have a REAL coach, and I love so much about him. I really hope we finish strong because I want to see us in the playoffs and I want to see Baker come back and be our QB for years to come.
I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye...
My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week?
Any given Sunday LIVES!
I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.
But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
-
I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye...
My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week?
Any given Sunday LIVES!
I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.
But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
I know. I was surprised at how much emotion I had bubbling up after his injury news. I literally had tears in my eyes and my wife was worried and asked why I was upset and I told her, "He worked so hard and always said the right things, even though nothing has really gone right for him here. He blocks, he hustles, and he celebrates with his team. He thought this would be the best season of his career, and it just sucks."
Any given Sunday definitely lives, and I'm interested to see how we respond in Houston. I'm gonna miss them Sunday!
Correction, we're hosting Houston unfortunately. Pray for weather that doesn't suck.
-
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
I know. I was surprised at how much emotion I had bubbling up after his injury news. I literally had tears in my eyes and my wife was worried and asked why I was upset and I told her, "He worked so hard and always said the right things, even though nothing has really gone right for him here. He blocks, he hustles, and he celebrates with his team. He thought this would be the best season of his career, and it just sucks."
Any given Sunday definitely lives, and I'm interested to see how we respond in Houston. I'm gonna miss them Sunday!
Correction, we're hosting Houston unfortunately. Pray for weather that doesn't suck.
Pray for weather that doesn't suck.
Like I said... I'm here to help...
-
As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week!
-
I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye...
My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week?
Any given Sunday LIVES!
I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.
But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

Any given Sunday LIVES!
I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.
But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.
The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...
I expect better team chemistry. It's Baker's team now.
-
-
Below average QBs can have teams?
well... if your the Cowboys ?... https://nesn.com/2020/11/nfl-rumors-heres-cowboys-plan-at-quarterback-for-game-vs-steelers/ good luck Garrett (Clint Longley ll)
-
Don't know about that. Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

-
Don't know about that. Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

-
As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week!
As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week!
LOL, I said the same thing! Felt like something big was missing today, regardless of how much we needed it. Then I read the story about Baker being on the covid list, and I thought, "Oh here we freaking go."
But in all likelihood, Baker will be fine. What I'm NOT as confident with is the game against the Texans. They can move the ball, which means they'll be able to move it on us, and I'm really worried about the game resembling the damn Raiders game. I don't see us forcing punts, and we'll have to hope for more turnovers and the re-emergence of Nick Chubb and Wyatt Tellar. Can we win? Oh yeah, but it's going to be CLOSE. It wouldn't surprise me if we had to pull out a Cincinnati Bengals type drive at the last minute to win.
You know what'd be great? If we blew somebody out, Lmao. I could go for that! ?
-
Weather is welcomed in this one next week.
If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now.
-
Weather is welcomed in this one next week.
If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now.
Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland. At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.
I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.
PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."
Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


