Skip to content

Week 10: Texans @ Browns... Bye-Bye, Bye / Hello, Houston

The Browns Board
86 15 2.5k 1
  • No new news for us as we've had our only practice of the week on Wednesday and apparently aren't required to file injury reports during our Bye-week.

  • As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week! 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm glad you posted this. That loss left a particularly nasty taste in my mouth and while I'm extremely grateful for the healing properties of the bye...

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help... 😉

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Did anyone catch the Bucs play the Giants last week?

    Any given Sunday LIVES!

    I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.

    But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.

    The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...

    @tour2ma said:

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help... 😉

    Any given Sunday LIVES!

    I hear you. We are not good enough to take any game for granted... even the Jets IMO. Especially since Darnold's shoulder seems to be healing up.

    But we are good enough to not only be in every game, but be justifiably favored in most of our remaining ones and in 2020 that should be enough to punch our ticket to the postseason. And once there.... who knows.

    The key is for our O to heal and stay healthy. If it does, then we can compete and then some... although I'd rather do it with OBJ...

    I expect better team chemistry. It's Baker's team now. 

  • Below average QBs can have teams?

  • Below average QBs can have teams?

    @tour2ma said:

    Below average QBs can have teams?

    Don't know about that.   Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

    IceCube Neutrino Observatory Melting Ice Cube, PNG, 567x567px, Icecube  Neutrino Observatory, Blue Ice, Cube, Freezing, Ice

  • Below average QBs can have teams?

    @tour2ma said:

    Below average QBs can have teams?

    well... if your the Cowboys ?...  https://nesn.com/2020/11/nfl-rumors-heres-cowboys-plan-at-quarterback-for-game-vs-steelers/  good luck Garrett (Clint Longley ll)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Below average QBs can have teams?

    Don't know about that.   Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

    IceCube Neutrino Observatory Melting Ice Cube, PNG, 567x567px, Icecube  Neutrino Observatory, Blue Ice, Cube, Freezing, Ice

    @the-gipper said:

    Don't know about that.   Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

    IceCube Neutrino Observatory Melting Ice Cube, PNG, 567x567px, Icecube  Neutrino Observatory, Blue Ice, Cube, Freezing, Ice

    icechicken.jpeg

  • Below average QBs can have teams?

    @tour2ma said:

    Below average QBs can have teams?

    Why do you have to demean the team?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Don't know about that.   Fans, posters on this forum, clearly.

    IceCube Neutrino Observatory Melting Ice Cube, PNG, 567x567px, Icecube  Neutrino Observatory, Blue Ice, Cube, Freezing, Ice

    icechicken.jpeg

  • As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    As much as we need this bye week, god I hate when the Browns are on a bye week! 

    LOL, I said the same thing! Felt like something big was missing today, regardless of how much we needed it. Then I read the story about Baker being on the covid list, and I thought, "Oh here we freaking go." 

    But in all likelihood, Baker will be fine. What I'm NOT as confident with is the game against the Texans. They can move the ball, which means they'll be able to move it on us, and I'm really worried about the game resembling the damn Raiders game. I don't see us forcing punts, and we'll have to hope for more turnovers and the re-emergence of Nick Chubb and Wyatt Tellar. Can we win? Oh yeah, but it's going to be CLOSE. It wouldn't surprise me if we had to pull out a Cincinnati Bengals type drive at the last minute to win. 

    You know what'd be great? If we blew somebody out, Lmao. I could go for that! ?

  • Just checked the 7-day forecast...

    Game time:

    • 50-ish temp...
    • 70% chance of light rain...
    • winds in the upper teens... ?
  • Weather is welcomed in this one next week.  

    If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland.   At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.

    at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now. 

  • Weather is welcomed in this one next week.  

    If any of you recall Watson while being a very competent QB with his legs and his arm- Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland.   At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.

    at any rate, I’m deathly afraid of what he can do with his legs and his arm and our back 7 being the way it is right now. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland.   At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.

    I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.

    PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."

    Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.

  • Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy !

    Things looking up on the injury front:

    https://www.brownsnation.com/report-nick-chubb-returning-to-practice-this-week/

    "Luckily, Chubb isn’t the only player that is expected to return after the bye week.

    Cleveland is hopeful they will also get tight end Austin Hooper and right guard Wyatt Teller back on the field soon.

    #Browns are 5-3 going into the bye week. Some key players possibly returning from injury in Week 10:

    Nick Chubb
    Austin Hooper
    Wyatt Teller"

  • And now better news...

    Yesterday Chubb was designated for return from IR as of today. 🙂

    image.png.d918a97d551a2c1ed28054d19df3c1a8.png

    Meanwhile not reflected in their update yesterday, HOU had another LB go down with injury yesterday.

    image.png.3a0bd8b557eb6b9af3deb3f15d70e271.png

  • Couple other HOU-JAX game notes:

    • After looking good on an early carry David Johnson was concussed on his first pass target by a hard, legal hit by Myles Jack. As my FF team can attest, he did not return to the game.
    • Other HOU injuries included: Charles Omenihu (DE, hamstring), Brennan Scarlett (OLB, Arm) and Senio Kelemete (OG, Concussion). HOU went into the game thin at DE and OLB due to players in CoVid protocol and therefore Inactive.
    • With Da. Johnson out, Du. Johnson... yup, that'd be Duke... carried the load for HOU. Duke finished with 41 yards on 16 carries (2.6 YPC) with 1 TD, plus 4 catches out of 4 targets for 32 yards.
    • JJ Watt recorded his 100th career sack. He is the 5th fastest to that mark since the NFL started recording sacks... considering the time he has missed only makes that achievement more remarkable.

    Biggest news out of the game is the controversy over HOU's 77-yd, TD pass to Will Fuller. The play clock was on "0" for over 2 seconds before the ball was snapped, but the Backjudge missed seeing the time expire and the play was not flagged. It is not eligible for review/challenge. Seems to me giving a couple Officials "buzzers" is all that is needed.

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-rule-change-texans-vs-jaguars/wn6l3zlvcdsr1qgwz04tn7ral

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Doesn’t possess the kind of zip on the ball needed for windy Cleveland.   At least I recall that being heavily scrutinized during the draft evaluation process.

    I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.

    PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."

    Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think your memory is faulty in this instance. I don't recall arm strength questions. I do recall him being billed as having a very calibrated arm with everything from touch to zip and everything I've seen of him conforms this.

    PFF described his throwing this way" Displays a complete inventory of passes with zip, firm with touch. Changes the pace of the ball well when needed."

    Plus he was PFF's #2 deep ball QB this past offseason trailing only Russell Wilson.

    E2DC4F09-9BD9-415E-8667-8E9D8D3F79D3.jpeg

  • I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate. 

  • I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate. 

    That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I was just going to say that I do recall Watson having a poor spin rate. 

    That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    That was the main reason teams didn't want him and it was totally ridiculous. Like all of the sudden he couldn't throw the damn ball or something. He's going to be an absolute nightmare for us, and I can already see him running for multiple first downs when it's 3rd and long and we refuse to cover the middle of the field again. The ONE thing that gives me the most hope is Myles Garrett and the fact Watson holds onto the ball WAY too long. 

    Apparently the bettors are thinking the same thing, because the Browns are only favored by 2.5 or 3 points.... A 5-3 team at home against a 2-6 road team, that small a favorite?