Skip to content

Week 10: Texans @ Browns... Bye-Bye, Bye / Hello, Houston

The Browns Board
86 15 2.5k 1
  • If they run the ball successfully... Browns win. Mostly to run the clock and play keep away with the ball....
     

    If it’s a shoot out? I don’t think this defense can get it done....

  • Finally seeing practice reports.

    I thought we were the team getting healthy... 😳

    image.png.e5910e2f75a64a5dfe0b3ac635e593f6.png

    image.png.30ae448a2c924d2fcd01bd7970c568f1.png

  • A little more comfort in our latest Injury Report.

    image.png.899056b234e864f502b65a109eaf1a8e.png

    image.png.5f325208b9f8c7713cc278164c2d23df.png

  • And to fill in the report of most interest there is this mixed message.

    Browns RB Nick Chubb 'not sure' he'll be able to play on Sunday

    Published: Nov 11, 2020 at 08:10 PM

    Grant Gordon - NFL.com Digital Content Producer

    Nick Chubb felt great getting back on the Cleveland Browns practice field this week.

    Whether he'll realize a similar feeling returning to action Sunday against the Houston Texans remains a developing situation.

    "I am not sure," Chubb answered Wednesday when he was asked if he was confident he could play Sunday, via team transcript. "There is still a lot more to it than me just feeling good. I have to go through doctors, team athletic trainers and coaches. It is more than just me saying I feel great."

    https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-rb-nick-chubb-not-sure-he-ll-be-able-to-play-on-sunday

  • @icecube said:

     Browns should win this game with ease. 31-17. 

    No deep threats will create loaded boxes against the run..How many weeks shall we wait on your claim of " No OBJ makes this team better"? Have ya seen our defense? Teams are what their record says they are? In your best bogus Browns fan opinion...Whom on Houston's schedule are the Browns beating?   

    Regular Season

    WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
    1 Thu, Sep 10 L34-20 0-1 Watson 253 Johnson 77 Fuller V 112
    2 Sun, Sep 20 L33-16 0-2 Watson 275 Johnson 34 Cooks 95
    3 Sun, Sep 27 L28-21 0-3 Watson 264 Johnson 23 Cobb 95
    4 Sun, Oct 4 L31-23 0-4 Watson 300 Johnson 63 Fuller V 108
    5 Sun, Oct 11 W30-14 1-4 Watson 359 Johnson 96 Cooks 161
    6 Sun, Oct 18 L42-36 OT 1-5 Watson 335 Johnson 57 Fuller V 123
    7 Sun, Oct 25 L35-20 1-6 Watson 309 Johnson 42 Cobb 95
    8 BYE WEEK
    9 Sun, Nov 8 W27-25

    @gumby73 said:

    No deep threats will create loaded boxes against the run..How many weeks shall we wait on your claim of " No OBJ makes this team better"? Have ya seen our defense? Teams are what their record says they are? In your best bogus Browns fan opinion...Whom on Houston's schedule are the Browns beating?   

    Regular Season

    WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
    1 Thu, Sep 10 L34-20 0-1 Watson 253 Johnson 77 Fuller V 112
    2 Sun, Sep 20 L33-16 0-2 Watson 275 Johnson 34 Cooks 95
    3 Sun, Sep 27 L28-21 0-3 Watson 264 Johnson 23 Cobb 95
    4 Sun, Oct 4 L31-23 0-4 Watson 300 Johnson 63 Fuller V 108
    5 Sun, Oct 11 W30-14 1-4 Watson 359 Johnson 96 Cooks 161
    6 Sun, Oct 18 L42-36 OT 1-5 Watson 335 Johnson 57 Fuller V 123
    7 Sun, Oct 25 L35-20 1-6 Watson 309 Johnson 42 Cobb 95
    8 BYE WEEK
    9 Sun, Nov 8 W27-25

    The Jags.

  • And to fill in the report of most interest there is this mixed message.

    Browns RB Nick Chubb 'not sure' he'll be able to play on Sunday

    Published: Nov 11, 2020 at 08:10 PM

    Grant Gordon - NFL.com Digital Content Producer

    Nick Chubb felt great getting back on the Cleveland Browns practice field this week.

    Whether he'll realize a similar feeling returning to action Sunday against the Houston Texans remains a developing situation.

    "I am not sure," Chubb answered Wednesday when he was asked if he was confident he could play Sunday, via team transcript. "There is still a lot more to it than me just feeling good. I have to go through doctors, team athletic trainers and coaches. It is more than just me saying I feel great."

    https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-rb-nick-chubb-not-sure-he-ll-be-able-to-play-on-sunday

    @tour2ma said:

    "I am not sure," Chubb answered Wednesday when he was asked if he was confident he could play Sunday, via team transcript. "There is still a lot more to it than me just feeling good. I have to go through doctors, team athletic trainers and coaches. It is more than just me saying I feel great."

    It almost feels like we should wait another week just to make sure, ya know? I'm sure the doctors are all all over this and will make the right decision, but damn...I don't want him to get seriously injured. 

    Honestly, I think Teller coming back is almost as big. He was REALLY laying it down in the run game and we haven't quite been there without him. If Teller comes back and he's healthy, I expect to see Hunt have his best game by far. Especially if the weather is awful which it looks like. 

  • We're bad against the pass.  They're good at passing.  And as Las Vegas showed, we're bad against the run.  IMO, Watson is gonna kill us.  We had better be able to put some long drives together.

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 150 204 107 265
    Texans 88 297 160 256
  • We're bad against the pass.  They're good at passing.  And as Las Vegas showed, we're bad against the run.  IMO, Watson is gonna kill us.  We had better be able to put some long drives together.

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 150 204 107 265
    Texans 88 297 160 256

    @orion said:

    We're bad against the pass.  They're good at passing.  And as Las Vegas showed, we're bad against the run.  IMO, Watson is gonna kill us.  We had better be able to put some long drives together.

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 150 204 107 265
    Texans 88 297 160 256

    Yeah... this game goes either way... pretty even across the board man to man... But I would give them the edge on talent and experience as a whole.... I expect Romeo to have those boys up for this game by virtue of the history involved... I like the Browns by 3 points .... It's a tough call either way.... But I certainly wouldn't etch victory in stone....

  • We're bad against the pass.  They're good at passing.  And as Las Vegas showed, we're bad against the run.  IMO, Watson is gonna kill us.  We had better be able to put some long drives together.

      Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
    Browns 150 204 107 265
    Texans 88 297 160 256

    @orion said:

    They're good at passing. 

    HOU is a capable passing team, but not that scary. They pass a lot because their run game has been poor and they've been trailing early and often. Hopefully it'll be the same story this Sunday.

  • @orion said:

    They're good at passing. 

    HOU is a capable passing team, but not that scary. They pass a lot because their run game has been poor and they've been trailing early and often. Hopefully it'll be the same story this Sunday.

    @tour2ma said:

    HOU is a capable passing team, but not that scary. They pass a lot because their run game has been poor and they've been trailing early and often. Hopefully it'll be the same story this Sunday.

    Not since they traded DeAndre Hopkins for a bag of beans......though, maybe there was a decent RB thrown in there. 

  • Practice Report... couple thoughts...

    • I hope Ward is not our mystery CoVid case... could be Taki.
    • I think Bito and Conklin's LPs are due to their vet status and different from Teller's... I won't be surprised if Teller sits again.

    image.thumb.png.a35a0214c8442c51371ec6af8c9ceaf6.png

    And HOU's...

    image.thumb.png.9e03e4c165682527f21fc4d8aafaa6f7.png

  • World's shortest injury list...

    image.thumb.png.d1573dc86e3caaa356a07afeb480fc72.png

    ... and HOU's...

    We gonna see a lot of Duke...

    image.thumb.png.f70db103d7abb9b1628985e215c7c75f.png

  • Looks like another possible bad weather game Sunday. 

    Strangely, that seems to strike fear into the hearts of many Browns fans, which is weird, considering how allegedly we are a tough, bad weather type team that plays in a tough, blue-collar town... (Or so popular local mythology will tell you)

  • Looks like another possible bad weather game Sunday. 

    Strangely, that seems to strike fear into the hearts of many Browns fans, which is weird, considering how allegedly we are a tough, bad weather type team that plays in a tough, blue-collar town... (Or so popular local mythology will tell you)

    @dutch-oven said:

    Looks like another possible bad weather game Sunday. 

    Strangely, that seems to strike fear into the hearts of many Browns fans, which is weird, considering how allegedly we are a tough, bad weather type team that plays in a tough, blue-collar town... (Or so popular local mythology will tell you)

    The reason it strikes fear is because we already lost a game exactly like this. Our pusscake defense gave our offense SIX possessions all game and forced only 1 damn punt. Bad weather games favor the team with the better defense, and that will almost NEVER be us because we don't have linebackers. 

    I said ALMOST because our opponent tomorrow somehow has a worse defense than us. Who is going to win? I would bet on the better QB, Watson. He always kills us and I can just see him running for multiple first downs while our paper linebackers trip all over themselves. Our defense simply can't get off the field. One punt in the last two games is an embarrassment of the highest order. I absolutely HATE talking about firing people, but I can promise you this: if the trend of not forcing hardly any punts continues, Joe Woods will be gone before the season ends. 

    My brain says to bet on the Texans, but my heart is winning this battle. I'm going with our Brownies, and I'm going with a 10 point margin of victory. We're going to kill Watson tomorrow because they can't run the ball and Watson loves to hold onto it. Texans OL is banged up and our DL is totally healthy (finally!). Add that to the returning Teller and Chubb, and we'll get that ass. I think we're angry about that Raiders game, and I think we're totally stoked about playing another bad weather game. Our players felt like those conditions favored us, but we totally choked. 

    Not this time. 

    Oh, a bit of fantasy advice. I think you can start Harrison Bryant OR Hooper. Both will score. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Looks like another possible bad weather game Sunday. 

    Strangely, that seems to strike fear into the hearts of many Browns fans, which is weird, considering how allegedly we are a tough, bad weather type team that plays in a tough, blue-collar town... (Or so popular local mythology will tell you)

    The reason it strikes fear is because we already lost a game exactly like this. Our pusscake defense gave our offense SIX possessions all game and forced only 1 damn punt. Bad weather games favor the team with the better defense, and that will almost NEVER be us because we don't have linebackers. 

    I said ALMOST because our opponent tomorrow somehow has a worse defense than us. Who is going to win? I would bet on the better QB, Watson. He always kills us and I can just see him running for multiple first downs while our paper linebackers trip all over themselves. Our defense simply can't get off the field. One punt in the last two games is an embarrassment of the highest order. I absolutely HATE talking about firing people, but I can promise you this: if the trend of not forcing hardly any punts continues, Joe Woods will be gone before the season ends. 

    My brain says to bet on the Texans, but my heart is winning this battle. I'm going with our Brownies, and I'm going with a 10 point margin of victory. We're going to kill Watson tomorrow because they can't run the ball and Watson loves to hold onto it. Texans OL is banged up and our DL is totally healthy (finally!). Add that to the returning Teller and Chubb, and we'll get that ass. I think we're angry about that Raiders game, and I think we're totally stoked about playing another bad weather game. Our players felt like those conditions favored us, but we totally choked. 

    Not this time. 

    Oh, a bit of fantasy advice. I think you can start Harrison Bryant OR Hooper. Both will score. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The reason it strikes fear is because we already lost a game exactly like this. Our pusscake defense gave our offense SIX possessions all game and forced only 1 damn punt. Bad weather games favor the team with the better defense, and that will almost NEVER be us because we don't have linebackers. 

    I said ALMOST because our opponent tomorrow somehow has a worse defense than us. Who is going to win? I would bet on the better QB, Watson. He always kills us and I can just see him running for multiple first downs while our paper linebackers trip all over themselves. Our defense simply can't get off the field. One punt in the last two games is an embarrassment of the highest order. I absolutely HATE talking about firing people, but I can promise you this: if the trend of not forcing hardly any punts continues, Joe Woods will be gone before the season ends. 

    My brain says to bet on the Texans, but my heart is winning this battle. I'm going with our Brownies, and I'm going with a 10 point margin of victory. We're going to kill Watson tomorrow because they can't run the ball and Watson loves to hold onto it. Texans OL is banged up and our DL is totally healthy (finally!). Add that to the returning Teller and Chubb, and we'll get that ass. I think we're angry about that Raiders game, and I think we're totally stoked about playing another bad weather game. Our players felt like those conditions favored us, but we totally choked. 

    Not this time. 

    Oh, a bit of fantasy advice. I think you can start Harrison Bryant OR Hooper. Both will score. 

    The Texans aren’t the Raiders.  They followed a specific game plan to suit the elements and played physical man ball.  Quite honestly, I would not be surprised if the Raiders snuck into the SB this year.  They are capable of playing really well they defeated the Saints and Chiefs this year.  They are well coached too.  If we played them in perfect conditions they would have had better success on some deep shots downfield. 
     

    We have the same concerns with our defense...but different opponent here. 
     

    it seems like if you can get physical with us and thats your game Ravens, Steelers, Raiders... you beat us. 
     

    Can we find a guy like Devin White in the upcoming draft?  

  • @orion said:

    They're good at passing. 

    HOU is a capable passing team, but not that scary. They pass a lot because their run game has been poor and they've been trailing early and often. Hopefully it'll be the same story this Sunday.

    @tour2ma said:

    They pass a lot because their run game has been poor

    Well then.  Aren't WE what the Dr. ordered for them...

    I'd actually like to see Jacob Phillips back out there.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    The reason it strikes fear is because we already lost a game exactly like this. Our pusscake defense gave our offense SIX possessions all game and forced only 1 damn punt. Bad weather games favor the team with the better defense, and that will almost NEVER be us because we don't have linebackers. 

    I said ALMOST because our opponent tomorrow somehow has a worse defense than us. Who is going to win? I would bet on the better QB, Watson. He always kills us and I can just see him running for multiple first downs while our paper linebackers trip all over themselves. Our defense simply can't get off the field. One punt in the last two games is an embarrassment of the highest order. I absolutely HATE talking about firing people, but I can promise you this: if the trend of not forcing hardly any punts continues, Joe Woods will be gone before the season ends. 

    My brain says to bet on the Texans, but my heart is winning this battle. I'm going with our Brownies, and I'm going with a 10 point margin of victory. We're going to kill Watson tomorrow because they can't run the ball and Watson loves to hold onto it. Texans OL is banged up and our DL is totally healthy (finally!). Add that to the returning Teller and Chubb, and we'll get that ass. I think we're angry about that Raiders game, and I think we're totally stoked about playing another bad weather game. Our players felt like those conditions favored us, but we totally choked. 

    Not this time. 

    Oh, a bit of fantasy advice. I think you can start Harrison Bryant OR Hooper. Both will score. 

    The Texans aren’t the Raiders.  They followed a specific game plan to suit the elements and played physical man ball.  Quite honestly, I would not be surprised if the Raiders snuck into the SB this year.  They are capable of playing really well they defeated the Saints and Chiefs this year.  They are well coached too.  If we played them in perfect conditions they would have had better success on some deep shots downfield. 
     

    We have the same concerns with our defense...but different opponent here. 
     

    it seems like if you can get physical with us and thats your game Ravens, Steelers, Raiders... you beat us. 
     

    Can we find a guy like Devin White in the upcoming draft?  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we find a guy like Devin White in the upcoming draft?  

    Seeing as to how he was 5th overall, I'd rather not pay the losing price to be in that position to take the next White.?

  • World's shortest injury list...

    image.thumb.png.d1573dc86e3caaa356a07afeb480fc72.png

    ... and HOU's...

    We gonna see a lot of Duke...

    image.thumb.png.f70db103d7abb9b1628985e215c7c75f.png

    @tour2ma said:

    World's shortest injury list...

    image.thumb.png.d1573dc86e3caaa356a07afeb480fc72.png

    ... and HOU's...

    We gonna see a lot of Duke...

    image.thumb.png.f70db103d7abb9b1628985e215c7c75f.png

    Appreciate the update says the poet that doesn't know it.

    How refreshing is it to finally have only 1 guy that's questionable?

    Any defense that has JJ Watt in it (even if he has food poisoning or has to play on a pogo stick) says you better come to work WAY better than you did vrs the Raiders.

    Just out of curiosity, why didn't we give Peoples-Jones more opportunities in our passing game vrs the Raiders after the hot late game chemistry he had with Baker the week before?  Does this guy not practice hard/well?   If not, I guess he'll remain the mystery he was at Michigan.  The was a pretty good peak-a-boo session had had vrs Cincy a couple weeks ago; especially considering how little our WR Corps (AND Baker) competed the next week.  

    Hopefully getting a lot of guys back healthy jumper cables the offense to more points and time of possession that'll give our defense the fresh legs they need to make the big plays.  A Myles Garrett strip sack or 2 on a QB with a tendency to hold onto the ball too long could help.  This seems like an ideal day for Hooper to remind us why we were compelled to sign him.  Above all, I want to see our Oline play the way I know they can.  My idea of a perfect game is watching us run the ball down someone's esophagus and out their poop shoot.  Let's make it happen Cleveland!!!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    World's shortest injury list...

    image.thumb.png.d1573dc86e3caaa356a07afeb480fc72.png

    ... and HOU's...

    We gonna see a lot of Duke...

    image.thumb.png.f70db103d7abb9b1628985e215c7c75f.png

    Appreciate the update says the poet that doesn't know it.

    How refreshing is it to finally have only 1 guy that's questionable?

    Any defense that has JJ Watt in it (even if he has food poisoning or has to play on a pogo stick) says you better come to work WAY better than you did vrs the Raiders.

    Just out of curiosity, why didn't we give Peoples-Jones more opportunities in our passing game vrs the Raiders after the hot late game chemistry he had with Baker the week before?  Does this guy not practice hard/well?   If not, I guess he'll remain the mystery he was at Michigan.  The was a pretty good peak-a-boo session had had vrs Cincy a couple weeks ago; especially considering how little our WR Corps (AND Baker) competed the next week.  

    Hopefully getting a lot of guys back healthy jumper cables the offense to more points and time of possession that'll give our defense the fresh legs they need to make the big plays.  A Myles Garrett strip sack or 2 on a QB with a tendency to hold onto the ball too long could help.  This seems like an ideal day for Hooper to remind us why we were compelled to sign him.  Above all, I want to see our Oline play the way I know they can.  My idea of a perfect game is watching us run the ball down someone's esophagus and out their poop shoot.  Let's make it happen Cleveland!!!!

    @flugel said:

    Any defense that has JJ Watt in it (even if he has food poisoning or has to play on a pogo stick) says you better come to work WAY better than you did vrs the Raiders.

    I fear this will be the downfall of our season. It wasn't just our defense against the Raiders, it's been all year. We've forced one punt in the last 2 games. Think about that for a minute. That's against the Bengals and the Raiders. Two decent teams, but definitely not the damn Chiefs. Not only THAT, but the Raiders game was played in AWFUL conditions and we STILL couldn't force but 1 punt. It was impossible to throw further than 10 yards and there was nothing we could do. It was beyond embarrassing, and the net result was that our pathetic defense only provided our offense with SIX possessions, which I believe is the fewest of any game in the last several years. 

    We play a lot of bad teams that can score some points and I'm worried. Even teams like the Giants present substantial problems for us because they can score points. The Eagles? I don't like that match up either. How about today? Watson puts up stupid numbers and can make a defense look silly. The good news for today is the weather makes it more our style. 

    The bottom line is our defense has to play better or we're not going anywhere near the post season. It all starts today...we need to handle our damn business and be the better team. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we find a guy like Devin White in the upcoming draft?  

    Seeing as to how he was 5th overall, I'd rather not pay the losing price to be in that position to take the next White.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Seeing as to how he was 5th overall, I'd rather not pay the losing price to be in that position to take the next White.?

    True but anyone in the mold.

    downhill playmaking athletic backer.

    I’m watching a guy like Chazz Surratt UNC LB could be a second or third round type guy just learning the position but is making a lot of plays.