Week 11: Philly @ CLE... Here come the Iggles...
-
For the record I would have no issues with Sendejo giving us the game winning TD...
... but I know what you meant.
I'm sure the casual fan would feel vindicated to point their finger at him by your scenario... but you don't strike me as a casual fan. I have to believe you know that it is seldom that one play determines a game... it's just that some plays are more obvious than others. That said... if it happened, then I would be bummed out, but really only for the "game that got away".
"The Playoffs" for me have always been gravy... the cherry on top. That's what the thought of them was when I picked the season before it started. It's no different now with the 3rd Wildcard lowering the bar combined with a couple unexpected wins under our belt (I did not see us beating the Cowboys or the Colts IIRC).
On the FO... I think you overlook the Staff input on the roster at that time. Had they put a "the season is at stake" priority on FS, then I think Berry & Co. would have made a move. But clearly they did not and he did not. After all minus anything approaching a meaningful TC let alone scrimmages or Preseason game(s) how could they? Add that both Stef and Woods knew the guy from their days as Vikes and I am sure they were confident in what they at least thought they had at the time. Plus we don't know where Delpit was on the depth chart when he went down... at least I do not.
Here's to me having to ship you a bowl of crow in 2021.
One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2.
Iggles
Jags
TN
Balt
NYG
NYJ
Pitt
I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two.
I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17.
Same thought has crossed my mind, but I think Tomlin has a history of playing his players even when games do not matter to their playoff fate.
Plus with a remaining schedule of @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND they could be going for win number 16 when they come to our house. A given by no means, but certainly possible.
-
Practice reports...
- Surprised to see Hughlett's "FP" after yesterday's Covid report... also that Philly has Covids on list but we do not???
- Richardson's twin "LP" is a lil concerning given that this feels like another ground battle brewing.
- And then of course there's MG's illness... please get better soon...
Injury reports don't really add any info...
-
For the record I would have no issues with Sendejo giving us the game winning TD...
... but I know what you meant.
I'm sure the casual fan would feel vindicated to point their finger at him by your scenario... but you don't strike me as a casual fan. I have to believe you know that it is seldom that one play determines a game... it's just that some plays are more obvious than others. That said... if it happened, then I would be bummed out, but really only for the "game that got away".
"The Playoffs" for me have always been gravy... the cherry on top. That's what the thought of them was when I picked the season before it started. It's no different now with the 3rd Wildcard lowering the bar combined with a couple unexpected wins under our belt (I did not see us beating the Cowboys or the Colts IIRC).
On the FO... I think you overlook the Staff input on the roster at that time. Had they put a "the season is at stake" priority on FS, then I think Berry & Co. would have made a move. But clearly they did not and he did not. After all minus anything approaching a meaningful TC let alone scrimmages or Preseason game(s) how could they? Add that both Stef and Woods knew the guy from their days as Vikes and I am sure they were confident in what they at least thought they had at the time. Plus we don't know where Delpit was on the depth chart when he went down... at least I do not.
Here's to me having to ship you a bowl of crow in 2021.
One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2.
Iggles
Jags
TN
Balt
NYG
NYJ
Pitt
I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two.
One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2.
Iggles
Jags
TN
Balt
NYG
NYJ
Pitt
I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two.
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
-
Chubb, Hunt and PAP, baby!
WouldaShouldaCoulda... YadaYadaYada...
Bob nailed it.
Once again Sendejo is obviously the best we have to put on the field at present. Ask your self these...
- When you draft what you believe is your future at a position, how much do you want to spend on a placeholder?
- Had we landed a "better" FS, how different would our record be today?
- Are we just a FS away from our first SB?
Folks that want to bury Berry based on Sendejo need to look at his other moves and see the whole picture.
As my dear old Grandma used to say, "It doesn't suck."
Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears.
Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game. The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence. I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent.
How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup. Or Jax finds him and wins? Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.
Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.
I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.
Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears.
Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game. The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence. I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent.
How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup. Or Jax finds him and wins? Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.
Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.
I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.
The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.
I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible.
-
One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2.
Iggles
Jags
TN
Balt
NYG
NYJ
Pitt
I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two.
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
But, if I recall, we beat BR, no? Or was that the year before? (because we beat Rudolph the Racist Reindeer).
-
Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears.
Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game. The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence. I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent.
How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup. Or Jax finds him and wins? Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.
Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.
I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.
The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.
I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible.
I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible.
except when the guy in question wouldn’t be able to start for 30 other teams in the league.
Some team out there somewhere has a player behind a good player that would be an upgrade for a worthless 6-7th rounder.
I myself am more pissed at this god awful LB core than Sendejo (but I will say it was pretty awful watching him get trucked by Duke Johnson last week...) the best LB on the team is a vet that was packing up his career before the Browns called when Mack got hurt.... I’m pretty sure there is a safety out there better than Sendejo doing the same thing...
-
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
But, if I recall, we beat BR, no? Or was that the year before? (because we beat Rudolph the Racist Reindeer).
But, if I recall, we beat BR, no? Or was that the year before? (because we beat Rudolph the Racist Reindeer).
I think it was a tie. But if Browns face Mason, it's a win. Ben is still a beast, Mason not even a decent backup.
-
70 years ago, the Browns made their NFL debut vs the two-time defending champion Philadelphia Eagles.
"Let them go get a ball first" was the Eagles' head coach Greasy Neale's response when he heard his team would start the 1950 season vs the four-time AAFC champion Browns.
In front of 85,000 Philadelphians, the Browns would make Neale eat his words.
-
Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears.
Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game. The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence. I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent.
How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup. Or Jax finds him and wins? Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.
Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.
I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.
The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.
I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible.
The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.
I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible.
Here is perhaps how you can "find" one: sign Earl Thomas or Eric Reid....they are there to be found.
-
I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17.
Same thought has crossed my mind, but I think Tomlin has a history of playing his players even when games do not matter to their playoff fate.
Plus with a remaining schedule of @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND they could be going for win number 16 when they come to our house. A given by no means, but certainly possible.
Same thought has crossed my mind, but I think Tomlin has a history of playing his players even when games do not matter to their playoff fate.
Plus with a remaining schedule of @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND they could be going for win number 16 when they come to our house. A given by no means, but certainly possible.
I think @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND are not so easy. I can see 3 losses there. Maybe 2. IF Pitt has nothing to gain week 17, Ben ain't playing. But odds are, they will probably have something to play for, I think KC pulls ahead. They may be playing for the div., or home field.
-
One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2.
Iggles
Jags
TN
Balt
NYG
NYJ
Pitt
I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two.
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
That was last year, Browns were not a 6-3 club.
-
We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens
That was last year, Browns were not a 6-3 club.
-
My game ball goes to Vernon... he really stepped up. Played like he was finally healthy.
Honorable mention to Richardson.
Now the challenge is for our DC and DL Coach to get the DL room to play at this level after MG returns.
My game ball goes to Vernon... he really stepped up. Played like he was finally healthy.
Honorable mention to Richardson.
Now the challenge is for our DC and DL Coach to get the DL room to play at this level after MG returns.
Lebron effect. Everyone lets Myles do their job when he's in. When he's out they play to a personal higher standard.
Need to make sure that standard is maintained even when the superstar is lining up next to you.
-
Relax We aren’t playing good football
Good enough to be 7-3
-
My game ball goes to Vernon... he really stepped up. Played like he was finally healthy.
Honorable mention to Richardson.
Now the challenge is for our DC and DL Coach to get the DL room to play at this level after MG returns.
Lebron effect. Everyone lets Myles do their job when he's in. When he's out they play to a personal higher standard.
Need to make sure that standard is maintained even when the superstar is lining up next to you.
-
-
He's quite dead, I think Lyndon Baines Johnson passed away almost 50 years ago.
-
The Giants are my adopted team so I watched Sunday as I was watching the Browns.
I’m worried about their run game against our front which has been prone to poor tackling and our LBs on MIA missions to somewhere other than where they need to be. Miles Sanders didn’t look 100% put he could be 100% by this Sunday. They have some household names on the oline that appear to be run blocking fine. Pass protection has been an issue.
Reagor WR scares me. Ward probably follows Fulgham. The iggles play calling and Wentz trying to do too much have limited the scare factor a little. But if we see Sendejo try to pick up Reagor We are going to see 6 on the board. Goedert is a legit TE receiving threat that can give us some problems too.
This is a very capable roster. For some reason they were like 0-9 on 3rd down and the Giants have very pedestrian defense.
They are capable of breaking out against us
Defensively, Eagles really didn’t pressure Jones enough and gave up way too many good gain on the ground. They had troubling containing Danny Dimes it won’t be easier with Baker and his bootlegs.
the Eagles are giving up something like 70% TDs inside the red zone. Unheard of from their Defense.
When Sendejo covers any body, a 6 is likely
When Sendejo covers anybody, a 6 is likely
Or gets called for a very unnecessary personal foul (pretty flagrant if you ask me) that negates a QB sack.... OK, the guy sucks- I get it, but it's beating a dead horse. We all know he's a bum.
Browns - 3.5 is the line. Browns got to win this one. Philly is not very good. 17-13.
22-17 I'll take it. Way to go defense. Baker less than impressive again in the win...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login