Learning how to win
-
And I got Myles Garrett right, so I think we have a draw here.?
Pretty sure you're still way short...

Pretty sure you're still way short...

Got a late-round LB for you then. Opted out Junior LB Anthony Hines. He won't be highly ranked due to only 2 years, but he's a sleeper worth taking late.
Got three more if they come out early for 2022 including one hellofa TE. He catches, he's fast to get open and best of all for the Browns, he blocks.
-
FIFY...
Someone paid for it... #payitforward...

I live in California... I've paid it so far forward that people in the year 2341 will be thanking me.
Edit: Wait! You skipped a grade?
I must have because me no comprendo (I told you I live in California)
Reminds me of a great Glen Beck quote IIRC... "I learned this stuff in a Library where the books are free."
Remember the panic when your book was overdue? "Are my parents going to find out?!"
-
FIFY...
Someone paid for it... #payitforward...

I live in California... I've paid it so far forward that people in the year 2341 will be thanking me.
Edit: Wait! You skipped a grade?
I must have because me no comprendo (I told you I live in California)
Reminds me of a great Glen Beck quote IIRC... "I learned this stuff in a Library where the books are free."
Remember the panic when your book was overdue? "Are my parents going to find out?!"
-
... but Ags the only one that hung around...
... albeit primarily for the Political Section...
-
-
Damn, I always forget about K...... probably because I was held back and had to do 11yrs of it before they released me for my senior year.
I ruled nap and story time though.
I was a lunch and recess specialist. Played with my own made up math problems all day during class because the rest was so boring. Oh wait, that was all the way to my senior year when I fell in love with the class genius (I was smart enough to marry her 4 years later).?
️??
-
Someone woke up with a revived brain cell today... I'll see your Hogeboom and raise you a Clint Longley. Sorry 'bout the string bet.

Now for the guy that didn't make your list. This will say the video is unavailable but just click on the underlined part that says watch on youtube and it'll run, slide and tuck Pelluer in.
Can you imagine the smelling salts math?
"Steve, how many Bears hit you on that last play?"
Why are you calling me Steve?
-
Learning to win is most definitely a thing... Hell, as a fan I'm always waiting for them to screw it up and lose, and I'm sure the players have a bit of that themselves, though not as much because it's always easier to actually be the one playing than the one watching.
The Browns have exceeded my pre-season expectations, and then some.
Learning to win is most definitely a thing... Hell, as a fan I'm always waiting for them to screw it up and lose, and I'm sure the players have a bit of that themselves, though not as much because it's always easier to actually be the one playing than the one watching.
The Browns have exceeded my pre-season expectations, and then some.
I hear ya! It's amazing. We have a bunch guys that can count to 2 or 3 plus they know their right from their left. All kidding aside, I LIKE how hard these guys play. That's a reflection of great leadership on and off the field. That goes up to the top too in getting guys that WANT to be here and work through adversity rather than QUIT because of it.
When I played Freshman Football, my coach used to have to put a piece of tape on the top of my cleats. One had a big R and the other had a big L. That worked great the games we didn't play in the mud. The sad thing is I'll leave it to your imagination whether I'm kidding or not.
On 4th downs when I had to switch positions with our Center to long snap, our poor punter used to call every punt he launched to the right "LEFT" and vice versa. His name was Jimmy DeRoo. Even worse, he'd argue that's the return man's left. Unfortunately, we only had a handful of kids that were smart enough to escape summer school back in 9th grade. Therefore, our coach said "just yell MIDDLE every time Jimmy." He did. The good news is Jimmy is finally in 10th Grade. He just never quit.
-
Someone woke up with a revived brain cell today... I'll see your Hogeboom and raise you a Clint Longley. Sorry 'bout the string bet.

Now for the guy that didn't make your list. This will say the video is unavailable but just click on the underlined part that says watch on youtube and it'll run, slide and tuck Pelluer in.
Can you imagine the smelling salts math?
"Steve, how many Bears hit you on that last play?"
Why are you calling me Steve?
Now for the guy that didn't make your list. This will say the video is unavailable but just click on the underlined part that says watch on youtube and it'll run, slide and tuck Pelluer in.
Can you imagine the smelling salts math? "Steve, how many Bears hit you on that last play?" Why are you calling me Steve?
Sweet Jesus...
Never saw that one before. That DB diving under Peuller effectively held him up for Singletary.
From time to time I moan about the pussyfication of the game, but have to say I don't miss those kind of hits being legal.
-
Learning to win is most definitely a thing... Hell, as a fan I'm always waiting for them to screw it up and lose, and I'm sure the players have a bit of that themselves, though not as much because it's always easier to actually be the one playing than the one watching.
The Browns have exceeded my pre-season expectations, and then some.
I hear ya! It's amazing. We have a bunch guys that can count to 2 or 3 plus they know their right from their left. All kidding aside, I LIKE how hard these guys play. That's a reflection of great leadership on and off the field. That goes up to the top too in getting guys that WANT to be here and work through adversity rather than QUIT because of it.
When I played Freshman Football, my coach used to have to put a piece of tape on the top of my cleats. One had a big R and the other had a big L. That worked great the games we didn't play in the mud. The sad thing is I'll leave it to your imagination whether I'm kidding or not.
On 4th downs when I had to switch positions with our Center to long snap, our poor punter used to call every punt he launched to the right "LEFT" and vice versa. His name was Jimmy DeRoo. Even worse, he'd argue that's the return man's left. Unfortunately, we only had a handful of kids that were smart enough to escape summer school back in 9th grade. Therefore, our coach said "just yell MIDDLE every time Jimmy." He did. The good news is Jimmy is finally in 10th Grade. He just never quit.
I LIKE how hard these guys play.
This... ^
When was the last time we got this deep into a season without a serious "debate" on this board about our boys "quitting" on at least one side of the ball?
We've been outclassed twice to date this season, but I never saw a hint of quit.... dejection and/or disappointment, yes, but never quit.
-
Someone woke up with a revived brain cell today... I'll see your Hogeboom and raise you a Clint Longley. Sorry 'bout the string bet.

Although why Gary occurred to you escapes me and your two best examples, Johnson and Plunkett, found their success with 2nd teams.
Plunket is the best example. He not only shrug off a lot of bad seasons, but rocked out TWO Super Bowl wins. And, hey what about Trent Dilfer?
-
I LIKE how hard these guys play.
This... ^
When was the last time we got this deep into a season without a serious "debate" on this board about our boys "quitting" on at least one side of the ball?
We've been outclassed twice to date this season, but I never saw a hint of quit.... dejection and/or disappointment, yes, but never quit.
This... ^
When was the last time we got this deep into a season without a serious "debate" on this board about our boys "quitting" on at least one side of the ball?
We've been outclassed twice to date this season, but I never saw a hint of quit.... dejection and/or disappointment, yes, but never quit.
With Chubb back healthy and all projected starters on the oline back - we're tailor made for bad weather. The running game tradition is what reeled me in as a kid; and I'm feeling great about what it can do for time of possession and keeping legs fresh for our defense.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I feel very similar to the way I felt in 85 (Mack & Byner) and Bernie was on a learning curve (like Baker w/OC #4). Our record could be a little better than 8-8; but you could clearly understand the turning point was no longer just wishful thinking.
-
This... ^
When was the last time we got this deep into a season without a serious "debate" on this board about our boys "quitting" on at least one side of the ball?
We've been outclassed twice to date this season, but I never saw a hint of quit.... dejection and/or disappointment, yes, but never quit.
With Chubb back healthy and all projected starters on the oline back - we're tailor made for bad weather. The running game tradition is what reeled me in as a kid; and I'm feeling great about what it can do for time of possession and keeping legs fresh for our defense.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I feel very similar to the way I felt in 85 (Mack & Byner) and Bernie was on a learning curve (like Baker w/OC #4). Our record could be a little better than 8-8; but you could clearly understand the turning point was no longer just wishful thinking.
With Chubb back healthy and all projected starters on the oline back - we're tailor made for bad weather. The running game tradition is what reeled me in as a kid; and I'm feeling great about what it can do for time of possession and keeping legs fresh for our defense.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I feel very similar to the way I felt in 85 (Mack & Byner) and Bernie was on a learning curve (like Baker w/OC #4). Our record could be a little better than 8-8; but you could clearly understand the turning point was no longer just wishful thinking.
Except that we have Conklin on Covid list. But I do hope he is "back".
-
With Chubb back healthy and all projected starters on the oline back - we're tailor made for bad weather. The running game tradition is what reeled me in as a kid; and I'm feeling great about what it can do for time of possession and keeping legs fresh for our defense.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I feel very similar to the way I felt in 85 (Mack & Byner) and Bernie was on a learning curve (like Baker w/OC #4). Our record could be a little better than 8-8; but you could clearly understand the turning point was no longer just wishful thinking.
Except that we have Conklin on Covid list. But I do hope he is "back".
Except that we have Conklin on Covid list. But I do hope he is "back".
I think he's got a chance. If he tests negative on Saturday, he'll be good to go. Our long snapper just returned, so hopefully the others aren't far behind. This ga. E against the Eagles is going to be an absolute war, and I know their record isn't good, but it's not like they're a total disaster. They've got talent everywhere and they have big plays every week. Additionally, they've only given up two runs over 20 yards from RBs (multiple others from QBs and WRs).
They are really going to load up the box and force us to pass more than we want, and don't be surprised to see us encounter a few 3rd and longs early in the game after we run on 1st and 2nd down. They're going to want to see us pass the ball without OBJ and see if they can make Baker uncomfortable with their terrific pressure.
-
This... ^
When was the last time we got this deep into a season without a serious "debate" on this board about our boys "quitting" on at least one side of the ball?
We've been outclassed twice to date this season, but I never saw a hint of quit.... dejection and/or disappointment, yes, but never quit.
With Chubb back healthy and all projected starters on the oline back - we're tailor made for bad weather. The running game tradition is what reeled me in as a kid; and I'm feeling great about what it can do for time of possession and keeping legs fresh for our defense.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I feel very similar to the way I felt in 85 (Mack & Byner) and Bernie was on a learning curve (like Baker w/OC #4). Our record could be a little better than 8-8; but you could clearly understand the turning point was no longer just wishful thinking.
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I kept believing, AB got a steal for Ronnie Harrison by only giving up a 5th rounder.. I simply don't care what Jacksonville's GM was thinking..A young Bama 3rd rounder for a 5th? Sign me up!.
But like Teller on offense..AB's going to have to find a way of locking both players up with some others.. We do have a *positive add to this defense.. That guy's Ronnie Harrison.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/ronnie-harrison-emerging-as-an-every-down-playmaker-for-browns-defense
I'm not sure which players are tutoring Grant Delpit in the room? but I just hope he's wearing unie number #33...
..
Edit-- Be Careful, to those thinking we have the cap space to add more FA's? ?
-
We make lack some pieces on defense; but I'm seeing guys like Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison Jr (I'm a fan man!), Denzel Ward and T. Mitchell making plays.
I kept believing, AB got a steal for Ronnie Harrison by only giving up a 5th rounder.. I simply don't care what Jacksonville's GM was thinking..A young Bama 3rd rounder for a 5th? Sign me up!.
But like Teller on offense..AB's going to have to find a way of locking both players up with some others.. We do have a *positive add to this defense.. That guy's Ronnie Harrison.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/ronnie-harrison-emerging-as-an-every-down-playmaker-for-browns-defense
I'm not sure which players are tutoring Grant Delpit in the room? but I just hope he's wearing unie number #33...
..
Edit-- Be Careful, to those thinking we have the cap space to add more FA's? ?
I kept believing, AB got a steal for Ronnie Harrison by only giving up a 5th rounder.. I simply don't care what Jacksonville's GM was thinking..A young Bama 3rd rounder for a 5th? Sign me up!.
But like Teller on offense..AB's going to have to find a way of locking both players up with some others.. We do have a *positive add to this defense.. That guy's Ronnie Harrison.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/ronnie-harrison-emerging-as-an-every-down-playmaker-for-browns-defense
I'm not sure which players are tutoring Grant Delpit in the room? but I just hope he's wearing unie number #33...
..
Edit-- Be Careful, to those thinking we have the cap space to add more FA's? ?
YAHTZEE! The draft is a great way to make the salary cap healthy especially if we don't lose guys to freak injuries.
Looking forward to watching the Buckeyes vrs the Who's Your's to see what kind of Big Uglies might be worth sizing up for the draft. Wisconsin usually has some solutions as well if we can ever see them at full strength.
Our biggest pressing need is LB. If we want to beat Pittsburgh - we have to draft/find LBers like they do. Has anyone seen that kid (Western Michigan's Robert Spillane) that replaced Pitt's 1st round LB Devin Bush? There is no drop-off at all and the kind was an UFA in 2019. Another important position they traditionally do well with AFTER round 1 is WR. For example, Chase Claypool in round 2. The guy is 6-4 and he can blaze so guess what he's great at doing? Scoring Touchdowns. Their LT is an UFA that was also a war veteran.
It'll be nice when Baltimore and Pittsburgh suddenly aren't the only 2 teams in our division drafting studs that fall to them and/or finding UFAs. I really liked what Berry did last offseason; and I think his career was blessed when he got the opportunity he had in Philly. He's a big reason this team has been competitive this year; and I don't expect it to stop any time soon.
-
I kept believing, AB got a steal for Ronnie Harrison by only giving up a 5th rounder.. I simply don't care what Jacksonville's GM was thinking..A young Bama 3rd rounder for a 5th? Sign me up!.
But like Teller on offense..AB's going to have to find a way of locking both players up with some others.. We do have a *positive add to this defense.. That guy's Ronnie Harrison.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/ronnie-harrison-emerging-as-an-every-down-playmaker-for-browns-defense
I'm not sure which players are tutoring Grant Delpit in the room? but I just hope he's wearing unie number #33...
..
Edit-- Be Careful, to those thinking we have the cap space to add more FA's? ?
YAHTZEE! The draft is a great way to make the salary cap healthy especially if we don't lose guys to freak injuries.
Looking forward to watching the Buckeyes vrs the Who's Your's to see what kind of Big Uglies might be worth sizing up for the draft. Wisconsin usually has some solutions as well if we can ever see them at full strength.
Our biggest pressing need is LB. If we want to beat Pittsburgh - we have to draft/find LBers like they do. Has anyone seen that kid (Western Michigan's Robert Spillane) that replaced Pitt's 1st round LB Devin Bush? There is no drop-off at all and the kind was an UFA in 2019. Another important position they traditionally do well with AFTER round 1 is WR. For example, Chase Claypool in round 2. The guy is 6-4 and he can blaze so guess what he's great at doing? Scoring Touchdowns. Their LT is an UFA that was also a war veteran.
It'll be nice when Baltimore and Pittsburgh suddenly aren't the only 2 teams in our division drafting studs that fall to them and/or finding UFAs. I really liked what Berry did last offseason; and I think his career was blessed when he got the opportunity he had in Philly. He's a big reason this team has been competitive this year; and I don't expect it to stop any time soon.
Has anyone seen that kid (Western Michigan's Robert Spillane) that replaced Pitt's 1st round LB Devin Bush? There is no drop-off at all and the kind was an UFA in 2019.
Versus the run, yes, that's my impression as well, but Spillane is being platooned out in pass situations whereas Bush was not.
There are a lot of run thumpers out there, but precious few who also excel in Pass D.
Here's a look from https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/snap-counts
-
Has anyone seen that kid (Western Michigan's Robert Spillane) that replaced Pitt's 1st round LB Devin Bush? There is no drop-off at all and the kind was an UFA in 2019.
Versus the run, yes, that's my impression as well, but Spillane is being platooned out in pass situations whereas Bush was not.
There are a lot of run thumpers out there, but precious few who also excel in Pass D.
Here's a look from https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/snap-counts
Versus the run, yes, that's my impression as well, but Spillane is being platooned out in pass situations whereas Bush was not.
There are a lot of run thumpers out there, but precious few who also excel in Pass D.
Here's a look from https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/snap-counts
Good point! Thanks for sharing that. Having said that - his snap count % has increased every week. His 1st week, the only reason he only took 53% of the snaps was because Bush had the 1st 47% until the injury (as depicted above). Then he went to 75% the next week, which increased to 86% which increased again to 93% last week. He has a pick 6 vrs Baltimore; but to your point I didn't find a lot of evidence of passes defensed or INTs outside of the Baltimore matchup.
To my reason for bringing him up - when we can get a backup LB of this quality we can give our LB Corp a refreshing LAND HO!
-
The Browns have one quality win, too early to call them a good team.
-
The Browns have one quality win, too early to call them a good team.
The Browns have one quality win, too early to call them a good team.
They are 7-3. Teams with .700 winning percentage are good teams.
Are they a great team? A Championship team at this point? Not likely, but they ARE a good team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login