Skip to content

The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread

The Browns Board
324 23 11.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Playing with gum's sim find... this time wheelin' n dealin'.

    Trading is "easy" with the "trade meter" evaluating your offers. All trades are user initiated, but if you try to trade with a team who is not interested the meter sits there empty.

    #95 - you sure like that dark horse QB don't ya.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    #95 - you sure like that dark horse QB don't ya.?

    In our mock draft I selected him at  #74  for the  WTFs.    There is a team in need of a future QB, and  unless they do a trade up from  #19  I don't see them getting any of the top  5:  Trevor, Fields, Jones, Wilson,  and the ND St. guy.   I could actually see him going to them at #51.

    Fair to say? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    #95 - you sure like that dark horse QB don't ya.?

    In our mock draft I selected him at  #74  for the  WTFs.    There is a team in need of a future QB, and  unless they do a trade up from  #19  I don't see them getting any of the top  5:  Trevor, Fields, Jones, Wilson,  and the ND St. guy.   I could actually see him going to them at #51.

    Fair to say? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    In our mock draft I selected him at  #74  for the  WTFs.    There is a team in need of a future QB, and  unless they do a trade up from  #19  I don't see them getting any of the top  5:  Trevor, Fields, Jones, Wilson,  and the ND St. guy.   I could actually see him going to them at #51.

    Fair to say? 

    Very possible .

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    I’m on the Davis Mills QB Stanford bandwagon.  
     

    Maybe he gets to our 4th round pick.  He would be a great understudy (redshirt year next season) I think he would mesh well with Stefanski’s offense and take over the 2nd QB spot in 2022 and we can cut Keenum and save the dough where it is needed elsewhere.

  • I’m on the Davis Mills QB Stanford bandwagon.  
     

    Maybe he gets to our 4th round pick.  He would be a great understudy (redshirt year next season) I think he would mesh well with Stefanski’s offense and take over the 2nd QB spot in 2022 and we can cut Keenum and save the dough where it is needed elsewhere.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m on the Davis Mills QB Stanford bandwagon.  
     

    Maybe he gets to our 4th round pick.  He would be a great understudy (redshirt year next season) I think he would mesh well with Stefanski’s offense and take over the 2nd QB spot in 2022 and we can cut Keenum and save the dough where it is needed elsewhere.

    On ESPN today,  they were saying that the Steelers could take him with the #24 pick.   Or that the TB Bucs could get him at #32  to sit behind Brady for a while. So, don't be surprised if  he is long gone before the 4th round. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m on the Davis Mills QB Stanford bandwagon.  
     

    Maybe he gets to our 4th round pick.  He would be a great understudy (redshirt year next season) I think he would mesh well with Stefanski’s offense and take over the 2nd QB spot in 2022 and we can cut Keenum and save the dough where it is needed elsewhere.

    On ESPN today,  they were saying that the Steelers could take him with the #24 pick.   Or that the TB Bucs could get him at #32  to sit behind Brady for a while. So, don't be surprised if  he is long gone before the 4th round. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    On ESPN today,  they were saying that the Steelers could take him with the #24 pick.   Or that the TB Bucs could get him at #32  to sit behind Brady for a while. So, don't be surprised if  he is long gone before the 4th round. 

    Yeah I hear he is climbing.  Rightfully so he’s a solid prospect.  
     

    Very limited experience I think he only has 13 career starts at Stanford.   

  • Playing with gum's sim find... this time wheelin' n dealin'.

    Trading is "easy" with the "trade meter" evaluating your offers. All trades are user initiated, but if you try to trade with a team who is not interested the meter sits there empty.

    image.png.57fd08b60c2c7f5ff48fdcd77cc5ffc2.png

    And the results...

    image.png.4b0d7ab3c1b01ea673b188ad2916fff1.png

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Playing with gum's sim find... this time wheelin' n dealin'.

    Trading is "easy" with the "trade meter" evaluating your offers. All trades are user initiated, but if you try to trade with a team who is not interested the meter sits there empty.

    image.png.57fd08b60c2c7f5ff48fdcd77cc5ffc2.png

    And the results...

    image.png.4b0d7ab3c1b01ea673b188ad2916fff1.png

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Playing with gum's sim find... this time wheelin' n dealin'.

    Trading is "easy" with the "trade meter" evaluating your offers. All trades are user initiated, but if you try to trade with a team who is not interested the meter sits there empty.

    image.png.57fd08b60c2c7f5ff48fdcd77cc5ffc2.png

    And the results...

    image.png.4b0d7ab3c1b01ea673b188ad2916fff1.png

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

    Details... details... 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    Playing with gum's sim find... this time wheelin' n dealin'.

    Trading is "easy" with the "trade meter" evaluating your offers. All trades are user initiated, but if you try to trade with a team who is not interested the meter sits there empty.

    image.png.57fd08b60c2c7f5ff48fdcd77cc5ffc2.png

    And the results...

    image.png.4b0d7ab3c1b01ea673b188ad2916fff1.png

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

    Well I’ll help...cut Wilson and give Moses a try...but rinse and repeat a couple years later  probably 

  • @londonbrown said:

    There’s just not enough room on the roster for all these is there?

    Well I’ll help...cut Wilson and give Moses a try...but rinse and repeat a couple years later  probably 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Well I’ll help...cut Wilson and give Moses a try...but rinse and repeat a couple years later  probably 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I think PFF's OL grading is pretty good... at least that was my experience when once-upon-a-time I graded our OL. And, yes, Glasgow is a building block. Really liked him when a scouted him a few drafts ago.

    Your QB question is a good one.

    My answer is: Yes... until a better one comes along. Goes with my philosophy of you always need to be looking for your next QB. Only the intensity (and price you are willing to pay) vary.

    It's why you take a Day 3 QB (or sign a UDFA) close to every year. There's almost always a "dark-horse" out there who has a shot. It's how NE came across TB12. It's like panning for gold.

    It's why a Philly spends a 2nd on a Hurts when they have a Wentz.

    Even explains a team taking two QBs in the same draft (WSH 2012... RG3 and Cousins).

    Exactly.  So I guess my point ends up coming back around on itself.

    I don't believe Lock is their "long term" answer at this point.  And outside of center, Denver's oline is pretty good.   However I think it would be stupid for them to end up taking the 3rd or 4th QB in this draft (possibly Fields) because that really doesn't strike me as a winning strategy.   At which point when Lawrence is picked #1, teams will have to basically convince themselves they love the next guy.   How many times have we see this in the last decade alone? Gabbert, Bortles, Weeden, Manziel, Lynch, etc etc.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Exactly.  So I guess my point ends up coming back around on itself.

    I don't believe Lock is their "long term" answer at this point.  And outside of center, Denver's oline is pretty good.   However I think it would be stupid for them to end up taking the 3rd or 4th QB in this draft (possibly Fields) 

    Yo... @the-gipper