The Good, the Bad, and the Lucky
-
Taki's pick-6 run showed our LB... and general D-side... issue, lack of speed. I swear I could have timed him with a sand dial and was sure the TE had the angle to catch him.
I gotta tell you, I don't remember EVER seeing a linebacker that slow. I was screaming at the TV, "Run faster!" Lmao. The guy was running in slow motion, I swear it. I honestly didn't think he was going to make it.
I had a chance to watch the game again. I realize Baker Mayfield messed up missing those early TD tosses, but I don't think people truly understand just how many terrific throws Baker had. On a very early drive we had a 3rd and 10 from our own end zone and Baker slung it across the middle to Hodge for a HUGE 1st down. He had multiple throws that were on the money and he looked infinitely better than Wentz, which doesn't take much. Baker really did have some amazing plays, and I encourage everyone to watch at least the highlights again.
I gotta tell you, I don't remember EVER seeing a linebacker that slow. I was screaming at the TV, "Run faster!" Lmao. The guy was running in slow motion, I swear it. I honestly didn't think he was going to make it.
I had a chance to watch the game again. I realize Baker Mayfield messed up missing those early TD tosses, but I don't think people truly understand just how many terrific throws Baker had. On a very early drive we had a 3rd and 10 from our own end zone and Baker slung it across the middle to Hodge for a HUGE 1st down. He had multiple throws that were on the money and he looked infinitely better than Wentz, which doesn't take much. Baker really did have some amazing plays, and I encourage everyone to watch at least the highlights again.
Baker is a competent game manager at this point.
I still see nothing in his play that indicates he will ever progress to being a top-level starting QB.
But for now, he's plenty good enough to help the Browns progress from being a constant 10+ loss team to a competent, solid team.
But do I think he's a guy who will take the Browns from solid to legitimate playoff team/Super Bowl contender?
That's where I have some serious doubts.
-
I gotta tell you, I don't remember EVER seeing a linebacker that slow. I was screaming at the TV, "Run faster!" Lmao. The guy was running in slow motion, I swear it. I honestly didn't think he was going to make it.
I had a chance to watch the game again. I realize Baker Mayfield messed up missing those early TD tosses, but I don't think people truly understand just how many terrific throws Baker had. On a very early drive we had a 3rd and 10 from our own end zone and Baker slung it across the middle to Hodge for a HUGE 1st down. He had multiple throws that were on the money and he looked infinitely better than Wentz, which doesn't take much. Baker really did have some amazing plays, and I encourage everyone to watch at least the highlights again.
Taki is a lifetime special teamer.. Goodson is very average and Mack Wilson just flat out B L O W S!!!!!
Taki is a lifetime special teamer.. Goodson is very average and Mack Wilson just flat out B L O W S!!!!!
Mack Wilson might be the worst linebacker in the league. He's so bad that I don't think he'll see a DOWN next year for us. The one thing he did right yesterday was bring the pain to the tight end who was big-league'ing Denzel Ward and Mack gave him the BUSINESS out of bounds.
-
Taki is a lifetime special teamer.. Goodson is very average and Mack Wilson just flat out B L O W S!!!!!
Mack Wilson might be the worst linebacker in the league. He's so bad that I don't think he'll see a DOWN next year for us. The one thing he did right yesterday was bring the pain to the tight end who was big-league'ing Denzel Ward and Mack gave him the BUSINESS out of bounds.
Mack Wilson might be the worst linebacker in the league. He's so bad that I don't think he'll see a DOWN next year for us. The one thing he did right yesterday was bring the pain to the tight end who was big-league'ing Denzel Ward and Mack gave him the BUSINESS out of bounds.
Yeah it was funny because Wilson was making excuses for himself on twitter a couple of weeks ago saying He's still injured and it's affecting his play or some shit...
-
I gotta tell you, I don't remember EVER seeing a linebacker that slow. I was screaming at the TV, "Run faster!" Lmao. The guy was running in slow motion, I swear it. I honestly didn't think he was going to make it.
I had a chance to watch the game again. I realize Baker Mayfield messed up missing those early TD tosses, but I don't think people truly understand just how many terrific throws Baker had. On a very early drive we had a 3rd and 10 from our own end zone and Baker slung it across the middle to Hodge for a HUGE 1st down. He had multiple throws that were on the money and he looked infinitely better than Wentz, which doesn't take much. Baker really did have some amazing plays, and I encourage everyone to watch at least the highlights again.
Baker is a competent game manager at this point.
I still see nothing in his play that indicates he will ever progress to being a top-level starting QB.
But for now, he's plenty good enough to help the Browns progress from being a constant 10+ loss team to a competent, solid team.
But do I think he's a guy who will take the Browns from solid to legitimate playoff team/Super Bowl contender?
That's where I have some serious doubts.
Baker is a competent game manager at this point.
I still see nothing in his play that indicates he will ever progress to being a top-level starting QB.
But for now, he's plenty good enough to help the Browns progress from being a constant 10+ loss team to a competent, solid team.
But do I think he's a guy who will take the Browns from solid to legitimate playoff team/Super Bowl contender?
That's where I have some serious doubts.
Honestly, you could have had those kinds of doubts about 30-40% of the QBs that HAVE taken their teams to Super Bowls. If you go down the list of all QBs who have started in the Super Bowl, it is not like they are all HOF caliber.
Names: Lamonica, Morrall, Kapp, MOrton, Kilmer, Ferragamo, Jaworski, Anderson, Woodley, Theisman, Plunkett, Eason, McMahon, Simms, Williams, Esiason, Humphries, O'Donnell, McNair, Bledsoe, Dilfer, Johnson, Gannon, Delhomme, Hasselback, Grossman, McNabb.....All SB starters, all HOF eligible, none in. And then some actives: Flacco, Kaepernick, Foles, Goff, Garrapolo....not sure those are HOF caliber. I am not sure that Baker is any less capable than this whole list of names. You also have to have the rest of the team do its part.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login