Skip to content

It was reported wrong!

The Browns Board
6 3 760
  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This is what happens when people take internet stories and believe every word.

    BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Eric Mangini says his Cleveland Browns quarterbacks are competing, not cheating.

    The radio transmitter inside Derek Anderson's helmet wasn't working in a Sunday scrimmage, so he used hand signals to relay plays. Anderson joked after the scrimmage that Brady Quinn told the defense what all the signals meant.

    Reporters at the scrimmage saw the two players laughing about it.

    But that didn't head off several online reports suggesting Quinn was using underhanded tactics to win the starting job.

    Mangini could only shake his head.

    "Those guys are competitive and they're friends," Mangini said Wednesday. "The group is friendly and the game was competitive by nature. ... All I see them doing is supporting each other."

    Anderson's team won, 17-14.

    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0O2jgAGck

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @shepwrite said:

    Kenyan Nazi Death Panels! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

    (Truth just doesn't have the same sizzle as crazy.)

    I'm callin the airport, that one missed the runway....

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by Browns2405
    #3

    @shepwrite said:

    I don't think it missed the runway, but it did sail over your head.

    I must have missed the Browns Board discussion of Kenyan Nazis and death panels... Guess my invitation got lost in the mail

    AHHA!!! me thinks I gets it now

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @shepwrite said:

    Good! And you're always invited.

    Just hope I have something to bring to the table and contribute to this board...

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Zombo said:

    Crap ... you mean Brady Quinn's not the devil?

    brady.jpg

    Or he's saying

    "Don't mess with the bull, You'll get the horns"

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @shepwrite said:

    Kenyan Nazi Death Panels! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

    (Truth just doesn't have the same sizzle as crazy.)

    Puttin a poison dart in yo' ass just might be the ticket!