Skip to content

Clay Matthews HOF Semifinalist

The Browns Board
15 6 328 1
  • From clevelandbrowns.com:

    Clay Matthews is back in a familiar position as the Pro Football Hall Fame gets closer in its process to naming the class of 2021.

    For the third straight year and fifth time since 2012, the former Browns linebacker is among the 25 modern-era semifinalists. The initial list of finalists went 130 deep.

    The group of 25 will eventually be whittled down to 15 before the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee chooses anywhere from four to eight to be officially enshrined in August 2021.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/clay-matthews-named-a-semifinalist-for-2021-pro-football-hall-of-fame-class

  • Here is the semifinalist list:

    I can only say that Clay has some stiff competition. SemiFinalists_1050x660

  • You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

  • Clay better get in.. hes got numbers as good or better than Junior Seau.. And he got in..

  • You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

    Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

    Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

    Charles Woodson IMO has a much better chance to get in the HOF than Clay Matthews. His resume is pretty damn impressive...

    4x First Team All-Pro
    4x Second Team All-Pro
    9x Pro Bowl
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
    NFL Rookie of the Year (1998)
    NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
    5th all-time w/ 65 interceptions
    Tied 1st all-time w/ 13 defensive touchdowns 
     

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

    Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

    @the-gipper said:

    I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

    Charles Woodson IMO has a much better chance to get in the HOF than Clay Matthews. His resume is pretty damn impressive...

    4x First Team All-Pro
    4x Second Team All-Pro
    9x Pro Bowl
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
    NFL Rookie of the Year (1998)
    NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
    5th all-time w/ 65 interceptions
    Tied 1st all-time w/ 13 defensive touchdowns 
     

    @dutch-oven said:

    Charles Woodson IMO has a much better chance to get in the HOF than Clay Matthews. His resume is pretty damn impressive...

    4x First Team All-Pro
    4x Second Team All-Pro
    9x Pro Bowl
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
    NFL Rookie of the Year (1998)
    NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
    5th all-time w/ 65 interceptions
    Tied 1st all-time w/ 13 defensive touchdowns 
     

    Maybe he is deserving....but I just don't like the cocksucker.  Fuck him and his HOF chances. 

    Here is the thing:   Both he and Antonio Winfield played at about the same time....and seeing them both play....I would take Winfield any day as a DB.   Maybe Woodson was better at special teams, but if I wanted a player to cover a top receiver, it would have been Winfield..NOT Woodson. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

    See above.....it is both a personal feeling.....AND it is a fact that I felt Winfield was better at his specific job. 

    I guess another thing is that he is another of those kunthole traitors that is from Ohio but went to Michifuck.  He may as well have fought for Al-Qaeda as far as I am concerned.   And have you seen him try to become a football commentator?  He is horrible.  Fired by ESPN.  He really sucks. 

  • I can't believe Tour continually puts on ignore such good takes. 

  • I can't believe Tour continually puts on ignore such good takes. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can't believe Tour continually puts on ignore such good takes. 

    Since you didn’t put that in pink I am going to assume you are sincere 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

    On the USA Today All-Time Best NFL Players regardless of position he is #61. This is a HOF no-brainer pick.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

    On the USA Today All-Time Best NFL Players regardless of position he is #61. This is a HOF no-brainer pick.

    @texasag1969 said:

    On the USA Today All-Time Best NFL Players regardless of position he is #61. This is a HOF no-brainer pick.

    OK, but what is it about "Fuck Him"   all y'all can't understand? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    On the USA Today All-Time Best NFL Players regardless of position he is #61. This is a HOF no-brainer pick.

    OK, but what is it about "Fuck Him"   all y'all can't understand? 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but what is it about "Fuck Him"   all y'all can't understand? 

    We get it, you are the ultimate Browns fan. Congratulations. 

  • C'mon, Clay... pullin' for ya.