I'm in the hospital for the 4th time in 2020.......this place is full !
-
Sunday night 6:40 pm - I'm starting my 4th week in the hospital I'm also watching the 6:30 evening news why they're saying about the covid-19 crisis is absolutely true !
I've been in hospitals the last 5 years and have never seen so many young nurses and other staff. I've had students from year 1 to ready to graduate all taking shifts right out of orientation. They then are immediately signed into work in the hospitals and nursing homes.
The vaccines are on the way but it's going to be bad for months yet. And still absolutely NO visitors.
I've got about 2 to 4 more weeks here then I don't know exactly what is next. I really don't want to go to a rehab place because of the covid-19 and staffing problems.
It's really scary out there and I appreciate what all of these doctors and nurses are trying to do !
And some people don't believe this is all true or won't wear masks....... shame on them.
You should be in line for the vaccine like RIGHT NOW! Aren't you?
You should be in line for the vaccine like RIGHT NOW! Aren't you?
Well that was in December of last year here is what I learned this morning January 9 I am scheduled January 12 right after the front line workers as a compromised 70+ elderly person depending upon availability. This is pretty much how this rollout is working as more shots are rolling out to hospitals, nursing homes, front line and essential workers, etc. are given their turn. They are well over 6M+ shots given as of yesterday. For you under 65 regular folks it might be months yet
I will know more about it on Monday but this is what I emailed family and friends:
Hi everyone,
SATURDAY 8:15 am,. I just found out that I will be finishing my IV antibiotics on Monday 1/11 and am on the list to get my covid-19 shot Tuesday 1/12.After that is still not final about how long I will be here for additional wound care treatment. Should know that and more next week. mjp -
Well I sent this email out to friends and family this morning, I was all ready to get rid of this PICC line and IV tomorrow.......oh well.
Hi everyone,
Well as hospital dates and times can and do change occasionally I just found out today my last IV antibiotics date changed from 1/11 to 1/18. :-0AND they will make any additional step down care I may need after that later. I am still scheduled for the covid-19 shot on Tuesday 1/12......good !SO what's new with you all ? Catch you later ! mjp -
Well I sent this email out to friends and family this morning, I was all ready to get rid of this PICC line and IV tomorrow.......oh well.
Hi everyone,
Well as hospital dates and times can and do change occasionally I just found out today my last IV antibiotics date changed from 1/11 to 1/18. :-0AND they will make any additional step down care I may need after that later. I am still scheduled for the covid-19 shot on Tuesday 1/12......good !SO what's new with you all ? Catch you later ! mjpWell I sent this email out to friends and family this morning, I was all ready to get rid of this PICC line and IV tomorrow.......oh well.
Hi everyone,
Well as hospital dates and times can and do change occasionally I just found out today my last IV antibiotics date changed from 1/11 to 1/18. :-0AND they will make any additional step down care I may need after that later. I am still scheduled for the covid-19 shot on Tuesday 1/12......good !SO what's new with you all ? Catch you later ! mjpThe price of getting that shot is too high for my taste. Sorry you got delayed long enough to get it, but glad you are getting it.
-
Well I sent this email out to friends and family this morning, I was all ready to get rid of this PICC line and IV tomorrow.......oh well.
Hi everyone,
Well as hospital dates and times can and do change occasionally I just found out today my last IV antibiotics date changed from 1/11 to 1/18. :-0AND they will make any additional step down care I may need after that later. I am still scheduled for the covid-19 shot on Tuesday 1/12......good !SO what's new with you all ? Catch you later ! mjpThe price of getting that shot is too high for my taste. Sorry you got delayed long enough to get it, but glad you are getting it.
The price of getting that shot is too high for my taste. Sorry you got delayed long enough to get it, but glad you are getting it.
What do you mean to high for your taste?
-
The price of getting that shot is too high for my taste. Sorry you got delayed long enough to get it, but glad you are getting it.
What do you mean to high for your taste?
What do you mean to high for your taste?
I don't want to be all hooked up in a hospital like ole mjp just to qualify to get one of those right away. Unless they can find a Bo Derek look alike for my nurse.?
-
I figure the VA will start offering them for Vets over 65 by April or so.
-
I figure the VA will start offering them for Vets over 65 by April or so.
I figure the VA will start offering them for Vets over 65 by April or so.
I take meds for high blood pressure and am service connected so maybe even sooner than that. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm on their contact list for it though.
-
Same here. But I'm still a teenager compared to you, lol.
-
Same here. But I'm still a teenager compared to you, lol.
Same here. But I'm still a teenager compared to you, lol.
Methuselah is a teenager compared to me.?
?
-
What do you mean to high for your taste?
I don't want to be all hooked up in a hospital like ole mjp just to qualify to get one of those right away. Unless they can find a Bo Derek look alike for my nurse.?
I don't want to be all hooked up in a hospital like ole mjp just to qualify to get one of those right away. Unless they can find a Bo Derek look alike for my nurse.?
You should see my nurse tonight Katelyn a really nice 5' 8" blonde with a twin sister who also works here along with their mother......yes also a blonde.
Oh Cleveland 7-0 !
-
I don't want to be all hooked up in a hospital like ole mjp just to qualify to get one of those right away. Unless they can find a Bo Derek look alike for my nurse.?
You should see my nurse tonight Katelyn a really nice 5' 8" blonde with a twin sister who also works here along with their mother......yes also a blonde.
Oh Cleveland 7-0 !
-
What a game. Totally shocking the way that 1st Q went. Rest easy tonight.
Oh yes I did, a lot of BROWNS or even Steelers fans here had the game on in almost every room.
It is 6:20 am here now and is still a big topic of conversation. It was indeed a big deal around here and all over the sports world. I happened to be up at 5 am and was watching ESPN NFL Rewind something I've never done before. They draw blood from 3 to 5 am daily here, a welcome relief from that.
Something we will remember years from now, a great memory in the making enjoy it
Way to go BROWNS now win one more in KC next week it will be wild.
-
What a game. Totally shocking the way that 1st Q went. Rest easy tonight.
Oh yes I did, a lot of BROWNS or even Steelers fans here had the game on in almost every room.
It is 6:20 am here now and is still a big topic of conversation. It was indeed a big deal around here and all over the sports world. I happened to be up at 5 am and was watching ESPN NFL Rewind something I've never done before. They draw blood from 3 to 5 am daily here, a welcome relief from that.
Something we will remember years from now, a great memory in the making enjoy it
Way to go BROWNS now win one more in KC next week it will be wild.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login