Skip to content

Steelers Lose - Playoff Implications

The Browns Board
75 19 2.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Final thoughts...

    1. I wonder if the Steelers got caught looking ahead a lil... they face BUF this week.
    2. Saw a couple ESPN discussions with Ryan Clark (a pretty good analyst IMO) and he said the issue with the Steelers is "they can't run the ball"... so there's that.
    3. If you throw 53 times in a game, it's not rocket science to figure there are gonna be some drops.
    4. Some of the drops were on less catchable throws than others. Top example had to be what was described as a back-shoulder(?) throw to McFadden on 4th and 1. If that was Ben's intent, then it was a poor throw too high and wide; if not, then it was a bad adjustment by McFadden. But how reasonable is it to expect a WR-quality adjustment by a "3rd-string RB with 5 catches in his career"? Personally I think Ben was throwing over McF's outside shoulder requiring him to turn outside, not around... and that's an adjustment that takes a lot of experience.

    Admittedly I missed most of the game but the Bud Dupree loss has to sting - Alex Smith looked like he had good numbers 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Admittedly I missed most of the game but the Bud Dupree loss has to sting - Alex Smith looked like he had good numbers 

    Dialing up pressure was not one of the Steeler D's issues, but certainly Dupree would have been a plus for them.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #45

  • @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    If he is/was a beast for you....then he was a complete slacker for two years for us....because he really truly played poorly, like he was done.   Or, I don't know, he may have been suffering from a 3 year injury which he finally overcame.    

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    If he is/was a beast for you....then he was a complete slacker for two years for us....because he really truly played poorly, like he was done.   Or, I don't know, he may have been suffering from a 3 year injury which he finally overcame.    

    Or its the culture change.  He's been terrific for us. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    If he is/was a beast for you....then he was a complete slacker for two years for us....because he really truly played poorly, like he was done.   Or, I don't know, he may have been suffering from a 3 year injury which he finally overcame.    

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @the-gipper said:

    If he is/was a beast for you....then he was a complete slacker for two years for us....because he really truly played poorly, like he was done.   Or, I don't know, he may have been suffering from a 3 year injury which he finally overcame.    

    Or maybe he's doing roids... It wouldn't surprise me one bit...

  • @tour2ma said:

    One more final thought: Steelers' pass D really seemed to suffer after Haden left game with a concussion.

    Not sure why unless DC had 2ndary shading towards his replacement as WSH really went to work on its right-side short and left-side middling to deep.

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #48

    @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    Your depth of analysis is breathtaking.... almost on par with Gipper's Slacker jab...

    Haden was injured and missed 11 games in 2015, his next to last season with us, and then missed 3 in 2016. I don't recall the 2015 injury.... thinking it was knee, but not sure... but IIRC in 2016 two separate concussions cost him one and then another two starts.. He simply was not the same player we made one of the highest paid CBs in the league after his rookie deal which he paid off with back-to-back Pro Bowls.

    Then he basically took the same offer from you that we'd made to him and missed 5 games in his first year with you. He was pretty ordinary that year. But he has regained a nice chunk of his early form... good for Joe... and he saved himself a lot of heartache by moving on.

    Even got to taste the playoffs the last time you made them... in 2017... your one-and-done at JAX.

    You could not have done it without him...

  • @the-gipper said:

    If he is/was a beast for you....then he was a complete slacker for two years for us....because he really truly played poorly, like he was done.   Or, I don't know, he may have been suffering from a 3 year injury which he finally overcame.    

    Or its the culture change.  He's been terrific for us. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @vagitron said:

    Or its the culture change.  He's been terrific for us. 

    When you suck, you suck.  Not sure what a culture change has to do with it.....unless, of course, as I said, he was actually dogging it. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    Your depth of analysis is breathtaking.... almost on par with Gipper's Slacker jab...

    Haden was injured and missed 11 games in 2015, his next to last season with us, and then missed 3 in 2016. I don't recall the 2015 injury.... thinking it was knee, but not sure... but IIRC in 2016 two separate concussions cost him one and then another two starts.. He simply was not the same player we made one of the highest paid CBs in the league after his rookie deal which he paid off with back-to-back Pro Bowls.

    Then he basically took the same offer from you that we'd made to him and missed 5 games in his first year with you. He was pretty ordinary that year. But he has regained a nice chunk of his early form... good for Joe... and he saved himself a lot of heartache by moving on.

    Even got to taste the playoffs the last time you made them... in 2017... your one-and-done at JAX.

    You could not have done it without him...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tour2ma said:

    Your depth of analysis is breathtaking.... almost on par with Gipper's Slacker jab...

    Except of course, I am the one that pointed out that it may have been 3 years of injury issues with him as an explanation.

    So, maybe the only slacker here is you because you fail to either pay attention or you are just oblivious at times. 

    Haden was injured and missed 11 games in 2015, his next to last season with us, and then missed 3 in 2016. I don't recall the 2015 injury.... thinking it was knee, but not sure... but IIRC in 2016 two separate concussions cost him one and then another two starts.. He simply was not the same player we made one of the highest paid CBs in the league after his rookie deal which he paid off with back-to-back Pro Bowls.

    Then he basically took the same offer from you that we'd made to him and missed 5 games in his first year with you. He was pretty ordinary that year. But he has regained a nice chunk of his early form... good for Joe... and he saved himself a lot of heartache by moving on.

    Even got to taste the playoffs the last time you made them... in 2017... your one-and-done at JAX.

    You could not have done it without him...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #51

    I've got to give Browns fans credit... no matter how many times the Steelers beat the ever-loving shit out of us, they'll still try and talk shit to their fans. ?

  • I've got to give Browns fans credit... no matter how many times the Steelers beat the ever-loving shit out of us, they'll still try and talk shit to their fans. ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @dutch-oven said:

    I've got to give Browns fans credit... no matter how many times the Steelers beat the ever-loving shit out of us, they'll still try and talk shit to their fans. ?

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I've got to give Browns fans credit... no matter how many times the Steelers beat the ever-loving shit out of us, they'll still try and talk shit to their fans. ?

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really believe this, don't you? 

    Bless your heart. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really believe this, don't you? 

    Bless your heart. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @dutch-oven said:

    You really believe this, don't you? 

    Bless your heart. 

    Somewhat....at least I believe it about the ones that show their faces here occasionally. 

    My view is that it is NOT  when your team is going very well over a long period of time that is the test of a fan base....but how that fan base reacts to a sustained period of losing that tests their metal.  

    Fair to say. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I've got to give Browns fans credit... no matter how many times the Steelers beat the ever-loving shit out of us, they'll still try and talk shit to their fans. ?

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #55

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #56

    @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    You're not taken seriously over here. No one really gives a fuck about you.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @vagitron said:

    hivemind

    I learned a new word tonite...

  • @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    You're not taken seriously over here. No one really gives a fuck about you.?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #58

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're not taken seriously over here. No one really gives a fuck about you.?

    You know what I think you should do? You should get yourself banned again and when you get suspended you should cry to come back, again.  I talk to several people privately on this board and get what i want and need from it.  I don't give a single damn about you or any of the other regular mouth breathers.  Go take a walk. 

  • @vagitron said:

    hivemind

    I learned a new word tonite...

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @tour2ma said:

    I learned a new word tonite...

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

  • @tour2ma said:

    I learned a new word tonite...

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @vagitron said:

    A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.

    Honestly don't see that in Gip as he'll take any position just to argue.

    Of course he can't help himself as he is a lawyer...

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're not taken seriously over here. No one really gives a fuck about you.?

    You know what I think you should do? You should get yourself banned again and when you get suspended you should cry to come back, again.  I talk to several people privately on this board and get what i want and need from it.  I don't give a single damn about you or any of the other regular mouth breathers.  Go take a walk. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #61

    @vagitron said:

    You know what I think you should do? You should get yourself banned again and when you get suspended you should cry to come back, again.  I talk to several people privately on this board and get what i want and need from it.  I don't give a single damn about you or any of the other regular mouth breathers.  Go take a walk. 

    That's a ballsy post I must say lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper? 

    Just telling the truth.

     You don't bother me,

    What makes you think that give one single thought about you on here except when I am responding to you?

    I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.

    Again what makes you think this has fuck all to do with you?  Either you are a narcissist.....or you have an inferiority complex....either thinking everything is about you....or that people are always talking about you. 

      If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore. 

    No one cares whether you do or you don't. 

    You don't own anyone,

    Of course not.  Have you ever heard of the  13th Amendment? 

    you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    Well, based on the fact that you made this post all about me when the subject had nothing to do with you......apparently I AM the board celebrity...at least in your mind.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I learned a new word tonite...

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @vagitron said:

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    Well...it is a "hive mind"  to this extent:    I treat you like a fly and pull your wings off just for fun.  I don't know if flies live in hives....but if you prefer to think of yourself as a bee having his wings plucked....very well then.