Skip to content

Steelers Lose - Playoff Implications

The Browns Board
75 19 2.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    I learned a new word tonite...

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    @vagitron said:

    A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.

    Honestly don't see that in Gip as he'll take any position just to argue.

    Of course he can't help himself as he is a lawyer...

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're not taken seriously over here. No one really gives a fuck about you.?

    You know what I think you should do? You should get yourself banned again and when you get suspended you should cry to come back, again.  I talk to several people privately on this board and get what i want and need from it.  I don't give a single damn about you or any of the other regular mouth breathers.  Go take a walk. 

    @vagitron said:

    You know what I think you should do? You should get yourself banned again and when you get suspended you should cry to come back, again.  I talk to several people privately on this board and get what i want and need from it.  I don't give a single damn about you or any of the other regular mouth breathers.  Go take a walk. 

    That's a ballsy post I must say lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper? 

    Just telling the truth.

     You don't bother me,

    What makes you think that give one single thought about you on here except when I am responding to you?

    I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.

    Again what makes you think this has fuck all to do with you?  Either you are a narcissist.....or you have an inferiority complex....either thinking everything is about you....or that people are always talking about you. 

      If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore. 

    No one cares whether you do or you don't. 

    You don't own anyone,

    Of course not.  Have you ever heard of the  13th Amendment? 

    you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    Well, based on the fact that you made this post all about me when the subject had nothing to do with you......apparently I AM the board celebrity...at least in your mind.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I learned a new word tonite...

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    @vagitron said:

    It's a good one, lots of it on Reddit.  People get a mindset and pile on and it doesn't matter if  that mindset is right or wrong as long as you fit in with the hive. A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.  The other chicken shits show up and bang the drum. 

    HIVEMIND

    Well...it is a "hive mind"  to this extent:    I treat you like a fly and pull your wings off just for fun.  I don't know if flies live in hives....but if you prefer to think of yourself as a bee having his wings plucked....very well then. 

  • @vagitron said:

    A good example is gipper who foams at the mouth and acts like he rules the roost.

    Honestly don't see that in Gip as he'll take any position just to argue.

    Of course he can't help himself as he is a lawyer...

    @tour2ma said:

    Honestly don't see that in Gip as he'll take any position just to argue.

    Of course he can't help himself as he is a lawyer...

    I take the positions I take because primarily they are the winning/correct positions to take....for the most part.  It is only very rarely that I will take a contrarian view just to be contrary. 

    And actually, more than anything lately, because I am a magistrate I am listening to two sides of an argument and making a decision based on the arguments of others. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as badly as the Browns have been mismatched against the Steelers over the last number of years,  their fans have equally been mismatched against us. 

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    "ouch". somebody need a binkie because their team isn't unbeaten anymore? hellish blow to the nads and ego? mega-poutsies? lol

  • @vagitron said:

    You really like tooting that little kazoo don't you gipper?  You don't bother me, I can also say with a great deal of confidence you have never "put me in my place" or made me reevaluate a position.  If I ever stop responding or choose not to engage it is ONLY because i don't care for the run around anymore.  You don't own anyone, you sure as shit have never owned me and the hivemind here only goes so far.  You aren't the board celebrity you think you are and I get a kick out of it. Thanks for the laughs old man river. 

    "ouch". somebody need a binkie because their team isn't unbeaten anymore? hellish blow to the nads and ego? mega-poutsies? lol

    @calfoxwc said:

    "ouch". somebody need a binkie because their team isn't unbeaten anymore? hellish blow to the nads and ego? mega-poutsies? lol

    No, I'm glad they lost. It serves as a wake up call. They have played like shit for two straight weeks. Go back to political purgatory. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "ouch". somebody need a binkie because their team isn't unbeaten anymore? hellish blow to the nads and ego? mega-poutsies? lol

    No, I'm glad they lost. It serves as a wake up call. They have played like shit for two straight weeks. Go back to political purgatory. 

    @vagitron said:

    No, I'm glad they lost. It serves as a wake up call. They have played like shit for two straight weeks. Go back to political purgatory. 

    You must be a lonely little boy in Columbus.  LMAO.

  • @vagitron said:

    No, I'm glad they lost. It serves as a wake up call. They have played like shit for two straight weeks. Go back to political purgatory. 

    You must be a lonely little boy in Columbus.  LMAO.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You must be a lonely little boy in Columbus.  LMAO.

    well, he doesn't have much going for him in Columbus - he envies real genuine NFL fans who are not fair weather freaks.

    little_alien_by_kellerac-d4h392v.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi81NjkzYjQ5NC1hNjA5LTQ0Y2ItOTVmZC0zNjY3NjYzMmQxZWUvZDRoMzkydi03MWNmODA5MS1jNmYyLTRkMGMtYjI1OS1iODUyNzI0OGQyNjAuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTc5NyIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMiJ9XV19.3P0CMTfBOnvm3I4uPFcR7NU-stI-HL_8XqwH8qOJxjc

  • I was going to post a thread about this game weeks ago, because let's face it, Pittsburgh is the big prize still left on the menu. 

    I have always said I want to see the Browns run a no-huddle. I would like to see the Browns get up to the line of scrimmage preventing the Steelers from rotating players in the game. If we tire them out early, we have a definitive advantage in the running game with Chubb and Hunt. I would also like to see more sets that get them out of their base defense. 

  • N Neo

    I was going to post a thread about this game weeks ago, because let's face it, Pittsburgh is the big prize still left on the menu. 

    I have always said I want to see the Browns run a no-huddle. I would like to see the Browns get up to the line of scrimmage preventing the Steelers from rotating players in the game. If we tire them out early, we have a definitive advantage in the running game with Chubb and Hunt. I would also like to see more sets that get them out of their base defense. 

    @neo said:

    I have always said I want to see the Browns run a no-huddle.

    Just posted in another thread that I think this takes Stef away from his preferred personnel groupings. But, as usual 2nd thoughts happen...

    We could quickly go to the line in case the D tries to make a change. If they do, then quick snap for a cheap 5, but if they don't then huddle up and make any subs we want to make. Of course they will be able to respond, but so be it. Only drawback is by the time the refs allow us to snap the play-clock could be too low to allow audibling either the play or the protection.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You must be a lonely little boy in Columbus.  LMAO.

    well, he doesn't have much going for him in Columbus - he envies real genuine NFL fans who are not fair weather freaks.

    little_alien_by_kellerac-d4h392v.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi81NjkzYjQ5NC1hNjA5LTQ0Y2ItOTVmZC0zNjY3NjYzMmQxZWUvZDRoMzkydi03MWNmODA5MS1jNmYyLTRkMGMtYjI1OS1iODUyNzI0OGQyNjAuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTc5NyIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMiJ9XV19.3P0CMTfBOnvm3I4uPFcR7NU-stI-HL_8XqwH8qOJxjc

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, he doesn't have much going for him in Columbus - he envies real genuine NFL fans who are not fair weather freaks.

    little_alien_by_kellerac-d4h392v.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi81NjkzYjQ5NC1hNjA5LTQ0Y2ItOTVmZC0zNjY3NjYzMmQxZWUvZDRoMzkydi03MWNmODA5MS1jNmYyLTRkMGMtYjI1OS1iODUyNzI0OGQyNjAuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTc5NyIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMiJ9XV19.3P0CMTfBOnvm3I4uPFcR7NU-stI-HL_8XqwH8qOJxjc

    Do you think with your brain power and diehards combined the two of you could outwit Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern show? I have my doubts. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    One more final thought: Steelers' pass D really seemed to suffer after Haden left game with a concussion.

    Not sure why unless DC had 2ndary shading towards his replacement as WSH really went to work on its right-side short and left-side middling to deep.

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    Well, it was no-show Joe...  

    @hoorta said:

    Cal can take a bow- Allen's accuracy has improved by orders of magnitude since his college days. There was never any question he could throw the ball out of the stadium on demand. 

    Have to mention they had a little spot during the game- Palmer worked like crazy on Allen's mechanics- which were a mess. Not often you can do something like that, but with an Elway arm and 1\2 decent accuracy now. Buffalo has a definite keeper at QB.   

  • @vagitron said:

    Well that would be because Haden is a beast you cut entirely too soon. We were also down Steven Nelson so while Sutton is very solid, Justin Layne is still a little raw. 

    Well, it was no-show Joe...  

    @hoorta said:

    Cal can take a bow- Allen's accuracy has improved by orders of magnitude since his college days. There was never any question he could throw the ball out of the stadium on demand. 

    Have to mention they had a little spot during the game- Palmer worked like crazy on Allen's mechanics- which were a mess. Not often you can do something like that, but with an Elway arm and 1\2 decent accuracy now. Buffalo has a definite keeper at QB.   

    @hoorta said:

    Well, it was no-show Joe...  

    Have to mention they had a little spot during the game- Palmer worked like crazy on Allen's mechanics- which were a mess. Not often you can do something like that, but with an Elway arm and 1\2 decent accuracy now. Buffalo has a definite keeper at QB.   

    And one hellofa WR in Diggs.

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, it was no-show Joe...  

    Have to mention they had a little spot during the game- Palmer worked like crazy on Allen's mechanics- which were a mess. Not often you can do something like that, but with an Elway arm and 1\2 decent accuracy now. Buffalo has a definite keeper at QB.   

    And one hellofa WR in Diggs.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And one hellofa WR in Diggs.

    I had Diggs on a fantasy football team once, and his numbers were not good. Then, later on, he left the Vikings....went to Buffalo.

    Interesting article: Allen wouldn't be having the success he is having, without Diggs and Beasley.

    https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/14/former-vikings-receiver-stefon-diggs-on-why-he-forced-his-way-out-of-minnesota/

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And one hellofa WR in Diggs.

    I had Diggs on a fantasy football team once, and his numbers were not good. Then, later on, he left the Vikings....went to Buffalo.

    Interesting article: Allen wouldn't be having the success he is having, without Diggs and Beasley.

    https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/14/former-vikings-receiver-stefon-diggs-on-why-he-forced-his-way-out-of-minnesota/

    @calfoxwc said:

    I had Diggs on a fantasy football team once, and his numbers were not good. Then, later on, he left the Vikings....went to Buffalo.

    Interesting article: Allen wouldn't be having the success he is having, without Diggs and Beasley.

    https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/14/former-vikings-receiver-stefon-diggs-on-why-he-forced-his-way-out-of-minnesota/

    There was one play where a LB was trying to cover Beasley. He was so mismatched that Beasley was open by about 15 yards after the guy took the first fake step in and then back on an out route. It was laughable. In fact I did laugh wondering whose brilliant idea that was for a coverage. Is Hue there now??