Skip to content

Browns vs NYG Flexed to SNF

The Browns Board
29 15 784
  • Interesting news here, but not real surprising. Two of the NFL's hottest teams and the NY market...

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @bob806 said:

    Interesting news here, but not real surprising. Two of the NFL's hottest teams and the NY market...

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

    Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

    ...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    look, I know I should be happy the Browns are actually a team that is getting flexed to prime time. But man, idc if it makes me sound old I hate the late evening games (college and pro). Having them two weeks in a row now is a pisser.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #7

    FUCK NO. 

  • FUCK NO. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    Hah.   What time would the game be on over there? 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Great for us, perhaps not Nero, but it might be a little chilly for the players.  Ahh,  who gives a rats ass about the players anyway...

  • @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    Hah.   What time would the game be on over there? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Hah.   What time would the game be on over there? 

    I think he's six hours ahead, so what, a 2am start? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Hah.   What time would the game be on over there? 

    I think he's six hours ahead, so what, a 2am start? 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think he's six hours ahead, so what, a 2am start? 

    You got the big brains. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Interesting news here, but not real surprising. Two of the NFL's hottest teams and the NY market...

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

    Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

    ...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

    ...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

    Beat me to it.... PS considering some of the MNF snooze fests they've had, start thinking of flexing those to another time slot.  🙂  

    @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    I knew you'd say that- but don't you have any way of taping the game?   

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well...what I heard on the radio was:   How on Earth can they flex the Cowboys/49ers  out for the Browns/Giants.

    ...Uh, well, because the Cowboys and 49ers both suck swamp water....and the Browns have one of the best records and most exciting teams...and the Giants have won like 4 in a row...that is how. 

    Beat me to it.... PS considering some of the MNF snooze fests they've had, start thinking of flexing those to another time slot.  🙂  

    @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    I knew you'd say that- but don't you have any way of taping the game?   

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @hoorta said:

    Beat me to it.... PS considering some of the MNF snooze fests they've had, start thinking of flexing those to another time slot.  🙂  

    I knew you'd say that- but don't you have any way of taping the game?   

    I don't have a lot of work lately (freelance Architect FTW ?) so I might even watch it live. If I don't tape games if I can't watch them live.

  • BammerB Bammer wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Being in CT, I get to see my beloved team play ! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • FUCK NO. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    That’s us on the graveyard shift for the next two games ! 

  • @nero said:

    FUCK NO. 

    That’s us on the graveyard shift for the next two games ! 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @londonbrown said:

    That’s us on the graveyard shift for the next two games ! 

    And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

  • @londonbrown said:

    That’s us on the graveyard shift for the next two games ! 

    And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #18

    @nero said:

    And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

    Clearly the solution is for Spain to go to Eastern Standard Time... although I really prefer Central.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

    Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

  • @nero said:

    And that's the only good reason I can come up with for the brits not having the European time. I would prefer having Football Nights at 1am than 2am, though it still sucks. 

    Clearly the solution is for Spain to go to Eastern Standard Time... although I really prefer Central.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

    Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

    The purpose of driving straight through is to minimize COVID exposure. Saying in motels makes the top 5 in exposure locations. In fact staying at a B&B is why the brother of wifey's best friend is now into his 4th month on a vent and is just now slowly being weaned off. Think I'll just miss the first half. ?

    My name is TexAg and I'm here to help.?

  • Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

    Why push yourselves like that?  You are in your 70s , right?  So, no, just go like 8-9 hours, get a hotel, watch the game and finish the trip the next day.   What is your hurry? You are retired, aren't you?   And you can afford to get a hotel.   I am in my late 60s and do my fair share of traveling as you know, and no way am I going to do that, even if I share driving with my wife. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Or... you could stop somewhere along the way...

    My name is Tour and I'm here to help.

    The purpose of driving straight through is to minimize COVID exposure. Saying in motels makes the top 5 in exposure locations. In fact staying at a B&B is why the brother of wifey's best friend is now into his 4th month on a vent and is just now slowly being weaned off. Think I'll just miss the first half. ?

    My name is TexAg and I'm here to help.?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    The purpose of driving straight through is to minimize COVID exposure. Saying in motels makes the top 5 in exposure locations. In fact staying at a B&B is why the brother of wifey's best friend is now into his 4th month on a vent and is just now slowly being weaned off. Think I'll just miss the first half. ?

    My name is TexAg and I'm here to help.?

    Well....I drove to Texas and back in July staying in hotels along the way.  I spent a week driving in upstate NY in Sept. staying in hotels.  I spent a week driving around Colorado in October, staying in hotels.    So I just don't think staying in hotels is that big of a risk.  You risk is being around unmasked people.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Had this one circled regardless.  Glad it is prime time and 5pm start for us. My house is truly divided.  Wife and oldest daughter Giants fans.  Youngest daughter and sdbacker80 for the good guys.  We will have the game on in two separate rooms.  I was going to break out the OBJ Tshirt Jersey for this one until he got hurt.  

  • Had this one circled regardless.  Glad it is prime time and 5pm start for us. My house is truly divided.  Wife and oldest daughter Giants fans.  Youngest daughter and sdbacker80 for the good guys.  We will have the game on in two separate rooms.  I was going to break out the OBJ Tshirt Jersey for this one until he got hurt.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Had this one circled regardless.  Glad it is prime time and 5pm start for us. My house is truly divided.  Wife and oldest daughter Giants fans.  Youngest daughter and sdbacker80 for the good guys.  We will have the game on in two separate rooms.  I was going to break out the OBJ Tshirt Jersey for this one until he got hurt.  

    So, how does that happen where a family from near San Diego  partly hooks on with the Browns and partly with the Giants?   Are you from here in NEOH and is your wife from the NYC area? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Damn just realized that is the day we had chosen to drive back to Texas without stopping. Leave at 5 am CDT with 15 hour drive puts us in around halftime. I'll have to ask my son to record it on our TV for me to watch the next day.?

    Why push yourselves like that?  You are in your 70s , right?  So, no, just go like 8-9 hours, get a hotel, watch the game and finish the trip the next day.   What is your hurry? You are retired, aren't you?   And you can afford to get a hotel.   I am in my late 60s and do my fair share of traveling as you know, and no way am I going to do that, even if I share driving with my wife. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Why push yourselves like that?  You are in your 70s , right?  So, no, just go like 8-9 hours, get a hotel, watch the game and finish the trip the next day.   What is your hurry? You are retired, aren't you?   And you can afford to get a hotel.   I am in my late 60s and do my fair share of traveling as you know, and no way am I going to do that, even if I share driving with my wife. 

    We are two on and two off all the way and do not really find it difficult. You have to remember we live in a state where a 3-4 hour trip is nothing. We take breaks for gas/bathroom with masks and Clorox wipes for doors, toilet lids for her. We get takeout and eat it in the car (Sonic is a good place for that). It's just not that hard really. And the most recent guidelines with this fall jump in cases spot these 5 most likely places to get it. Pay attention to #4.

    https://bestlifeonline.com/covid-places/

    And 7 danger zones in Hotels/motels

    https://bestlifeonline.com/dirty-hotel-spots/