I hope Mangini is as motivated and determined . . .
-
I dont think we will be able to blame this years likely 6-10 or so record on mangini not being motivated he inherited a bunch of old has beens ,slackers and crybabies too many of whom are still there but wont be over the next year or two and as they are replaced with mangini kind of guys i think we will see this team competing tough if not beating the squeelers and the ratbirds fairly consistantly...

haha that's not why I made the thread, I made the thread because I want mangini to be that focused to beat the steelers, and I just kinda chuckled at that determination even if it's just a game.
go at least 8-8, beat the steelers at least once, and I'd call that a successful enough season.
go at least 8-8, beat the steelers at least once, and I'd call that a successful enough season.
I think that's do-able and reasonable. I would point to his performances against Belicheck and Fisher last year. From a coaching standpoint...he gave them all they could handle.
-
I dont think we will be able to blame this years likely 6-10 or so record on mangini not being motivated he inherited a bunch of old has beens ,slackers and crybabies too many of whom are still there but wont be over the next year or two and as they are replaced with mangini kind of guys i think we will see this team competing tough if not beating the squeelers and the ratbirds fairly consistantly...

I dont think we will be able to blame this years likely 6-10 or so record on mangini not being motivated he inherited a bunch of old has beens ,slackers and crybabies too many of whom are still there but wont be over the next year or two and as they are replaced with mangini kind of guys i think we will see this team competing tough if not beating the squeelers and the ratbirds fairly consistantly...

This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".
Top, proven NFL head coaches have this type of reputation, not ours (yet)
Parcells has a type of guy, Belichick has a type of guy, Cowher had a type of guy.
Not being critical, but as of now, Mangini hasn't earned the "type of guy" label yet.
That being said, I agree with your overall point. Can't judge Mangini on this season. (unless the team quits on him)
-
I dont think we will be able to blame this years likely 6-10 or so record on mangini not being motivated he inherited a bunch of old has beens ,slackers and crybabies too many of whom are still there but wont be over the next year or two and as they are replaced with mangini kind of guys i think we will see this team competing tough if not beating the squeelers and the ratbirds fairly consistantly...

This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".
Top, proven NFL head coaches have this type of reputation, not ours (yet)
Parcells has a type of guy, Belichick has a type of guy, Cowher had a type of guy.
Not being critical, but as of now, Mangini hasn't earned the "type of guy" label yet.
That being said, I agree with your overall point. Can't judge Mangini on this season. (unless the team quits on him)
The Soldier said:
This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".Top, proven NFL head coaches have this type of reputation, not ours (yet)
Parcells has a type of guy, Belichick has a type of guy, Cowher had a type of guy.
Not being critical, but as of now, Mangini hasn't earned the "type of guy" label yet.
That being said, I agree with your overall point. Can't judge Mangini on this season. (unless the team quits on him)
Mangini isn't exactly unproven. He has 3 years of experience as a HC. He took over a bad Jets team and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years. That is more than Palmer, Davis, or Romeo can ever claim when they came in.
Between those 3 years and his time with BB, I am sure he's got a "type of guy". I think that shows with some of the guys he brought in through FA
-
The Soldier said:
This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".Top, proven NFL head coaches have this type of reputation, not ours (yet)
Parcells has a type of guy, Belichick has a type of guy, Cowher had a type of guy.
Not being critical, but as of now, Mangini hasn't earned the "type of guy" label yet.
That being said, I agree with your overall point. Can't judge Mangini on this season. (unless the team quits on him)
Mangini isn't exactly unproven. He has 3 years of experience as a HC. He took over a bad Jets team and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years. That is more than Palmer, Davis, or Romeo can ever claim when they came in.
Between those 3 years and his time with BB, I am sure he's got a "type of guy". I think that shows with some of the guys he brought in through FA
Masters said:
Mangini isn't exactly unproven. He has 3 years of experience as a HC. He took over a bad Jets team and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years. That is more than Palmer, Davis, or Romeo can ever claim when they came in.Between those 3 years and his time with BB, I am sure he's got a "type of guy". I think that shows with some of the guys he brought in through FA
His type of guy so to speak, is the smart, disciplined, football player. That's his kinda of guy.
-
Masters said:
Mangini isn't exactly unproven. He has 3 years of experience as a HC. He took over a bad Jets team and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years. That is more than Palmer, Davis, or Romeo can ever claim when they came in.Between those 3 years and his time with BB, I am sure he's got a "type of guy". I think that shows with some of the guys he brought in through FA
His type of guy so to speak, is the smart, disciplined, football player. That's his kinda of guy.
His type of guy so to speak, is the smart, disciplined, football player. That's his kinda of guy.
As opposed to Grimace's types of guys: fat, non-conditioned, prima-donna's!
-
His type of guy so to speak, is the smart, disciplined, football player. That's his kinda of guy.
As opposed to Grimace's types of guys: fat, non-conditioned, prima-donna's!
-
I think you mean Pre-Madonna...
No - I mean Prima donna.
Wikipedia:
Legendarily, these "prima donnas" (prime donne in Italian) were often regarded as egotistical, unreasonable and irritable, with a rather high opinion of themselves not shared by others. Although whether they are truly more vain or more hot-tempered than other singers (or than any other people in the opera houses) is not substantiated, the term often describes a vain, obnoxious and temperamental person who, although irritating, cannot be done without.
-
-
-
I dont think we will be able to blame this years likely 6-10 or so record on mangini not being motivated he inherited a bunch of old has beens ,slackers and crybabies too many of whom are still there but wont be over the next year or two and as they are replaced with mangini kind of guys i think we will see this team competing tough if not beating the squeelers and the ratbirds fairly consistantly...

This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".
Top, proven NFL head coaches have this type of reputation, not ours (yet)
Parcells has a type of guy, Belichick has a type of guy, Cowher had a type of guy.
Not being critical, but as of now, Mangini hasn't earned the "type of guy" label yet.
That being said, I agree with your overall point. Can't judge Mangini on this season. (unless the team quits on him)
The Soldier said:
This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".I think Mangini does have his type of guy 1) Intelligent, 2) Prepares endlessly, 3) Absolutely hates to lose
-
The Soldier said:
This is what I don't understand. What are "Mangini kind of guys"? We did this is Palmer, Davis, Romeo, and now Mangini. Theses coaches are unproven, NFL head coaches. They have no "type of guys".I think Mangini does have his type of guy 1) Intelligent, 2) Prepares endlessly, 3) Absolutely hates to lose
I think Mangini does have his type of guy 1) Intelligent, 2) Prepares endlessly, 3) Absolutely hates to lose
You're correct, that's the type of guy he would want on the team. (As would every other coach)
My point was more of a perception as a fan. For example, I know that Winslow would not be a Lombardi type of guy. Dieon Sanders would not have been a Chuck Knox type of guy.
Both are good players, but don't fit the mold of what these type of classic coaches developed their team around.
As a fan one can usually see that a particular type of player wouldn't fit in a distinctive coaches style.
And in my mind, I don't know what a Mangini type player is. (once again stating, most all coaches want intelligent, prepared and players who want to win.
Mangini is not alone. There are only a few recent or current coaches that i really believe have a classic "type of guy". Vermeile (sp?) Cowher, Bellichick,
And of course, my perception is sometimes wrong. Would have never thought TO would be with Parcells. Or Moss with Bellichick.
It's more perception as a fan. That was my point.
-
It was a joke... someone else said Pre-Madonna instead of prima-donna in another thread and got absolutely torched for it. That's all.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login