Skip to content

No Browns today, so besides PTG @ BUF Tonite... who ya watchin'?

The Browns Board
81 17 1.9k
  • That's what happens when you bench D'ontae Johnson. 

    Fuck my FF team, but fuck the Steelers too. Show on mercy, Buffalo.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @nero said:

    That's what happens when you bench D'ontae Johnson. 

    Fuck my FF team, but fuck the Steelers too. Show on mercy, Buffalo.

    I need Cole Beasley to do something he's getting hidden behind Diggs.   BUT go Bills.  🙂

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Bills miss an EP Steelers get a 2 point EP.  Still very much a game.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Whoa 1 yard line !

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Big Ben picked again,  11 point lead time for Buffalo to show if they can put a game away.  7:11 left.

    Meanwhile great news for the BROWNS going into MNF.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #52

    BILLS WIN !!!! The Bills defense is the real deal. Josh Allen got off to a slow start, but man, Stephan Diggs has really turned on the jets and looks every bit a #1 wr.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #53

    The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

  • So did everyone go 7 for 7 in the early games? 🙂

    Wife reached her pain threshold by halftime of the HOU @ CHI game, so moved on to a couple others.

    Settling in on IND-LV now.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @tour2ma said:

    So did everyone go 7 for 7 in the early games? 🙂

    Looks like your body clock was set for 10am..... ?

  • @nero said:

    Nop. Let's negotiate. 20 receptions? Still 3 ypc doesn't get you to first downs. You have to give me something. 

    I actually really don't know how that fantasy football shit works. What gets you points or whatever.   I will give you anything you want as long as they lose by like 21 pts. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @the-gipper said:

    I actually really don't know how that fantasy football shit works. What gets you points or whatever.   I will give you anything you want as long as they lose by like 21 pts. 

    There's about 50 permutations on how to play Fantasy Football Gipper. You start by having a open draft of players. Lot's of different ways to get points. The simplest way to start figuring it out is to watch that crawl line during the games.  They'll show "points' for QBs, RBs, WRs, and kickers. If you have that player on your team- you get those points. Player with the most points that week wins that week. You can play for fun- or big buck pots.  

  • The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @vagitron said:

    The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

    Putrid? Your running game isn't so hot-and Gipper is right dinkin' and a dunkin'.  Defensively- live by the blitz, and die by it. Plenty of exotic stuff there. Once the Bills started giving Allen some time you got shredded. 

    But fear not your playing bye comes Sunday playing the hapless Bungles. 

  • The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @vagitron said:

    The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

    There's nothing worse than having great September-October-November, to start losing games on December, when you need the final push for the season finale-playoffs.

    I don't like what the league is doing to the Steelers with the schedule mostly because their bye week was an inforced one and they were given notice very late because they decided to postpone the Titans game, so they almost didn't have a bye week. 

    One thing that surprises me is that I would say Steelers' WR corps is good, but it's limited either by Ben's arm, the OC, or the run game, or all of them. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Tua just threw the absolute luckiest td ever. I'll tell ya, he looks good. He's learning quickly and has really stepped up. 

    That has the tools and he was 4-1 rookie coming into this game with no preseason as normal.  If he stays healthy he will be just fine.

    Hey jigs are you ready for some SNF & MNF ?  🙂

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey jigs are you ready for some SNF & MNF ?  🙂

    You have no idea!! 

  • Steelers defense ain't messin' around tonight.

    Josh Allen looks helpless so far. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @dutch-oven said:

    Josh Allen looks helpless so far. 

    Pressure him and he is worse than ordinary, but give him time and you are now at peril.

    Perfectly understandable for a QB changing his mechanics. The golf analogy Al and Chris went into last nite is the most perfect analogy I know of... especially in tournament situations.

    @d-bone said:

    Looks like your body clock was set for 10am..... ?

    Knew when I typed that my afternoon was going straight into the shitter, but it's been so long since I strung 7 winners I could not resist.

  • @vagitron said:

    The implosion has begun. Our offense is putrid right now. Injuries are everywhere but I stand by not using that as an excuse. You gotta find ways to win. I will still say that 12 days and three fucking games should have never happened and fuck the league for allowing it. On to the next one. I'm going to go get cheech and chong baked. Oh and randy our oc needs to be fired into the sun. 

    There's nothing worse than having great September-October-November, to start losing games on December, when you need the final push for the season finale-playoffs.

    I don't like what the league is doing to the Steelers with the schedule mostly because their bye week was an inforced one and they were given notice very late because they decided to postpone the Titans game, so they almost didn't have a bye week. 

    One thing that surprises me is that I would say Steelers' WR corps is good, but it's limited either by Ben's arm, the OC, or the run game, or all of them. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @nero said:

    There's nothing worse than having great September-October-November, to start losing games on December, when you need the final push for the season finale-playoffs.

    I don't like what the league is doing to the Steelers with the schedule mostly because their bye week was an inforced one and they were given notice very late because they decided to postpone the Titans game, so they almost didn't have a bye week. 

    One thing that surprises me is that I would say Steelers' WR corps is good, but it's limited either by Ben's arm, the OC, or the run game, or all of them. 

    I think the reports about Ben's knee are accurate. His lower body mechanics are off and randy fichtner our OC is horrendous. We also now have major issues on the line. David Decastro hasn't been right for weeks and Matt feiler hasn't been very good. You gotta win these games BUT the injuries are mounting at the worst time. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #61

    You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

    What could go wrong?

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

  • You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

    What could go wrong?

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @tour2ma said:

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

    Don't remind me =(

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Josh Allen looks helpless so far. 

    Pressure him and he is worse than ordinary, but give him time and you are now at peril.

    Perfectly understandable for a QB changing his mechanics. The golf analogy Al and Chris went into last nite is the most perfect analogy I know of... especially in tournament situations.

    @d-bone said:

    Looks like your body clock was set for 10am..... ?

    Knew when I typed that my afternoon was going straight into the shitter, but it's been so long since I strung 7 winners I could not resist.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tour2ma said:

    Perfectly understandable for a QB changing his mechanics. The golf analogy Al and Chris went into last nite is the most perfect analogy I know of... especially in tournament situations.

    I thought the same of the analogy. I enjoyed that part of the broadcast. It semt a bit out of place but it was very interesting and at that moment I think defenses were getting constant 3 and outs. 

  • You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

    What could go wrong?

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @tour2ma said:

    You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

    What could go wrong?

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

    LOL LOL

    "Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

    https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

    Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

    Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

    *****************************************************************************************************************

  • @tour2ma said:

    You have trouble running to begin with and then you feature a short passing game that pulls the 2ndary closer to the LOS...

    What could go wrong?

    Defensively PTG is simply hurting, but Lordy is Heyward still dominant inside. Dude is working his sway to Canton.

    LOL LOL

    "Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

    https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

    Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

    Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

    *****************************************************************************************************************

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @calfoxwc said:

    LOL LOL

    "Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

    https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

    Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

    Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

    *****************************************************************************************************************

    This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

    Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    LOL LOL

    "Meanwhile... Josh Allen broke Jim Kelly's record:

    https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/jim-kelly-bills-josh-allen-is-going-to-break-every-record-i-have.html

    Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen made team history on Sunday Night Football when he broke Jim Kelly’s record for most total touchdowns in a single season in team history.

    Allen threw for two touchdowns in Buffalo’s 26-15 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers which moved him to 35 total touchdowns this season. Jim Kelly’s highest single-season touchdown total with the Bills came in 1991 when he recorded 34 total touchdowns. With three games to play, Allen can add some cushion between himself and the Hall of Fame quarterback.

    *****************************************************************************************************************

    This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

    Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @tiamat63 said:

    This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

    Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

    I think he deserves more victory laps for this one. There were like 10000 posts against Allen predraft, I can handle 10-20 posts of him bragging he got it right. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This record isn't impressive in and of itself in the modern era.   Peep other rookie and single season passing records falling the last 20 years.

    Cal... get off Josh Allen's dick.  We get it, you finally may have gotten one.   But at this point you're just being overwhelmingly annoying with it.  

    I think he deserves more victory laps for this one. There were like 10000 posts against Allen predraft, I can handle 10-20 posts of him bragging he got it right. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #67

    @nero said:

    I think he deserves more victory laps for this one. There were like 10000 posts against Allen predraft, I can handle 10-20 posts of him bragging he got it right. 

    The posts weren't *against* Allen.    Natural critique doesn't mean you're against anything.  And, even with Hindsight... Allen's collegiate film leaves a ton to be desired.   

    Look no further than what is happening in San Diego with a promising rookie in Herbert.  His tape at Oregon was hot fucking garbage, can you even begin to argue that?  What the Chargers did pre-draft in their due diligence and some of the things they've set him up with no to find some early NFL success has been nothing short of a minor miracle.    Likewise for Allen.     

    I mean, did you even watch JA the first couple years? The Bills won very much in-spite of him at times, not so dissimilar to what the Browns can experience with the manic highs and lows that Baker demonstrates.    So any and all "victory laps" are still rather pre-mature.    If he gets a few playoff wins under his belt we can talk then.

    In the meantime, go back and sort yourself on those early draft threads.   What was weird (and still is) was Cal having full threads about Josh Rosen's dating history. Now THAT shit is what anyone would call "posting against".