**** Ravens at Browns Gameday thread
-
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
Yes.. for the umpteenth time... yes, our D is not good. This is not news. Suck it the fuck up and know that as sure as our FO addressed the Offense in 2020, that they will address the D in 2021. As I believe I may have mentioned a time or two (or twelve)... you cannot fix everything in one year. Until then revel in the play of our front four.
For now we have to engage in shootouts because we don't have the D to avoid them and we haven't done badly in them in 2020. I believe Nero pointed out we are a more complete Offense than we have been since the 80s... we run... we screen... we short, medium and deep pass, and all that is without a WR who can take the top off a Defense. As others have pointed out, that guy is hurt. Other than that about all we are missing is full TE involvement. I'm still looking for that seam attack. Almost saw it to Njoku last nite, but pass was just out of reach.
I'm proud of this team.
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
I'm proud of this team.
Can't agree with you more. How many of us marked up this game as a guaranteed L as soon as the schedule was released?
We've been growing all season... building capital from our wins, learning from our losses.
I am feeling great.
-
yep!!!
you will need to convince half this forum...good luck
i'd rather get rid of beeekham for some picks in the draft....boy do we need defense.....we ain't winning shit without a good d .....with beeekham or without...
-
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
I'm proud of this team.
Can't agree with you more. How many of us marked up this game as a guaranteed L as soon as the schedule was released?
We've been growing all season... building capital from our wins, learning from our losses.
I am feeling great.
Can't agree with you more. How many of us marked up this game as a guaranteed L as soon as the schedule was released?
We've been growing all season... building capital from our wins, learning from our losses.
I am feeling great.
i totaly agree....but it would be nice to make the playoffs and most likely lose there....at least we can get the playoff experience thing out of the way.....man that would be great...but with this d that we have, i am not with all these analysts saying the browns are a shoe in for the playoffs....this d makes me sick to my stomach and can lose it for what has been a great offensive improvement.....don't think for one moment that daniel jones can't beat the browns because he can....scary game comin up this sunday night...
-
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
Yes.. for the umpteenth time... yes, our D is not good. This is not news. Suck it the fuck up and know that as sure as our FO addressed the Offense in 2020, that they will address the D in 2021. As I believe I may have mentioned a time or two (or twelve)... you cannot fix everything in one year. Until then revel in the play of our front four.
For now we have to engage in shootouts because we don't have the D to avoid them and we haven't done badly in them in 2020. I believe Nero pointed out we are a more complete Offense than we have been since the 80s... we run... we screen... we short, medium and deep pass, and all that is without a WR who can take the top off a Defense. As others have pointed out, that guy is hurt. Other than that about all we are missing is full TE involvement. I'm still looking for that seam attack. Almost saw it to Njoku last nite, but pass was just out of reach.
I'm proud of this team.
Yes, all true, nevertheless, as far as I am concerned there could have been a few simple moves this FO could have made to have improved this defense. Yes, that would have meant bringing in some veterans and paying them something. (especially when the injuries began mounting up). But when you do have a playoff contender, even one that could go somewhere in the playoffs like we could maybe, I think you do whatever you should to see the team to its fruition to do the best by them and the fans as you can.
Yes, all true, nevertheless, as far as I am concerned there could have been a few simple moves this FO could have made to have improved this defense. Yes, that would have meant bringing in some veterans and paying them something. (especially when the injuries began mounting up). But when you do have a playoff contender, even one that could go somewhere in the playoffs like we could maybe, I think you do whatever you should to see the team to its fruition to do the best by them and the fans as you can.
gip......we neee defense....defense....defense.....defense wins games....you need offense also....but defense wins games....and i agree, the fo coulp have done something about it....no doubt.....and don't count you r chickens just yet.....the gints game will not be a pushover game for us....why.....we have no defense and jones can pick us apart...and guess what,,,,,the gints are playing great d.....scares the shit out of me...game we should win but..........
-
Not enough love being shown to Money Mitch. He's done pretty decent for being shoved into a #1 and #2 corner role.
-
I talked with Flugel this morning and we both agree that we are damn sure finally becoming a real NFL team that fights to the very end and that if we fix the things in the off season in the D the way we fixed the O, this will be a great team in the long run. We finally have this thing turned around top to bottom in coaching, FO and players' attitudes towards being great. And our best players are finally going to want to stay. They can fell it!!?
You know what I especially loved, guys? How we fought BACK. There were a couple times where we could have folded and packed it in, but we never did. How about the 4th down TD to Higgins? That was some big nuts type of shit.
You know what I especially loved, guys? How we fought BACK. There were a couple times where we could have folded and packed it in, but we never did. How about the 4th down TD to Higgins? That was some big nuts type of shit.
yep.....there were those close games like the one where peoples hosed up the ko return and we had the ball inside our own five yd line....in past yrs, we would have lost that game.....not this yr....there were other games where it came down to a play or two where we would have lost and we won those close games.....we are on the up and up...but we better fix this shitty d before we waste a good thing....hope we don't end up like the don coryell chargers where they had an unstoppable offense with fouts and company but went no where because their d was so bad....we don't want that template....
-
Not enough love being shown to Money Mitch. He's done pretty decent for being shoved into a #1 and #2 corner role.
-
The light at the end of the tunnel is no longer the headlamp of an oncoming train...
I get there in a day or two, but right now I'm just hurt. That was more than just one game. It meant more to those of us who remember losing our team, watching OUR players win in Baltimore, and then never having anything of our own.
And I'm tired of not having a defense.
I get there in a day or two, but right now I'm just hurt. That was more than just one game. It meant more to those of us who remember losing our team, watching OUR players win in Baltimore, and then never having anything of our own.
And I'm tired of not having a defense.
Well, other than a void of decent linebackers, the rest of the defense is solid- when healthy. Um, Garrett played with a bum elbow. Delpit and Greedy haven't played all year. Harrison and Ward out. That's our entire starting secondary. Would we have won that game if they were all playing? I'll say probably. FWIW, even without them- we win if Par-kay Margarine hadn't reverted to form in big games, froze up in the cold, and missed a FG and extra point.
Lamar was making the types of plays that a typical quarterback has ZERO business making. Our defense simply isn’t equipped, in its current state, to stop such a player. Most teams can’t stop LJ. We need players like Delpit and run stopping LBs to slow down that offense.
The 3rd and 10 was a good play by the offense. Good read, throw, and catch.
The defense played very well last week, creating turnovers and containing Derrick Henry.Losing sucks, I get it.. especially to the Ratbirds.
Lamar isn't a typical QB, he's an aberration. Been saying it all along- he's a running back who happens to have moderate skills passing the ball.... Ravens leading rusher last night, (124 yards). The book on beating the Ravens is really simple. Don't let Lamar beat you with his legs. Doing a little research- Jackson keeps running at the rate he's going- next season he'll easily move into the top 10 all time in QB rushing yards.
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
Yes.. for the umpteenth time... yes, our D is not good. This is not news. Suck it the fuck up and know that as sure as our FO addressed the Offense in 2020, that they will address the D in 2021. As I believe I may have mentioned a time or two (or twelve)... you cannot fix everything in one year. Until then revel in the play of our front four.
For now we have to engage in shootouts because we don't have the D to avoid them and we haven't done badly in them in 2020. I believe Nero pointed out we are a more complete Offense than we have been since the 80s... we run... we screen... we short, medium and deep pass, and all that is without a WR who can take the top off a Defense. As others have pointed out, that guy is hurt. Other than that about all we are missing is full TE involvement. I'm still looking for that seam attack. Almost saw it to Njoku last nite, but pass was just out of reach.
I'm proud of this team.
Proud of the progress, disappointed we couldn't pull out the win. Get the MASH unit secondary 1\2 healthy- and a playoff win isn't out of the question. We have two winnable (make that must win) games coming up to punch our playoff ticket. Losing to the Ravens sucks because should we both wind up 11-5 (I fully expect them to win out) they own the head to head tiebreaker against us.
PS- not to be too hard on Baker- but he had plenty of passes that he sailed out of the area code his receiver was in....
-
True. Sure did miss Denzel last night. Can’t say that enough. That Stewart guy really screwed up a lot.
Yeah, he really shat the muffin last night, didn't he? Poor guy was out of position, committing penalties, not tackling, poor angles...the complete list. Lol. You know what the difference in the game kind of was? We didn't get that signature Myles Garrett play. I'm not blaming the guy obviously...but it's what we needed.
It's really difficult to watch a team with an injured, subpar defense. We all knew that we couldn't fix BOTH sides of the ball in one year, but damn it's hard to stomach when you see guys just wide ass open streaking all over the place. ?
All focus shifts to Sunday night....in what is now a must win of biblical proportions. It reminds me a little too much of 2007. We needed to beat a bad Cincy team to clinch the playoffs, and we couldn't do it. This is a very scary game for us, and we need to take care of business.
-
-
I get there in a day or two, but right now I'm just hurt. That was more than just one game. It meant more to those of us who remember losing our team, watching OUR players win in Baltimore, and then never having anything of our own.
And I'm tired of not having a defense.
Well, other than a void of decent linebackers, the rest of the defense is solid- when healthy. Um, Garrett played with a bum elbow. Delpit and Greedy haven't played all year. Harrison and Ward out. That's our entire starting secondary. Would we have won that game if they were all playing? I'll say probably. FWIW, even without them- we win if Par-kay Margarine hadn't reverted to form in big games, froze up in the cold, and missed a FG and extra point.
Lamar was making the types of plays that a typical quarterback has ZERO business making. Our defense simply isn’t equipped, in its current state, to stop such a player. Most teams can’t stop LJ. We need players like Delpit and run stopping LBs to slow down that offense.
The 3rd and 10 was a good play by the offense. Good read, throw, and catch.
The defense played very well last week, creating turnovers and containing Derrick Henry.Losing sucks, I get it.. especially to the Ratbirds.
Lamar isn't a typical QB, he's an aberration. Been saying it all along- he's a running back who happens to have moderate skills passing the ball.... Ravens leading rusher last night, (124 yards). The book on beating the Ravens is really simple. Don't let Lamar beat you with his legs. Doing a little research- Jackson keeps running at the rate he's going- next season he'll easily move into the top 10 all time in QB rushing yards.
Jesus... I just don't get some of you...
Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.
Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.
Yes.. for the umpteenth time... yes, our D is not good. This is not news. Suck it the fuck up and know that as sure as our FO addressed the Offense in 2020, that they will address the D in 2021. As I believe I may have mentioned a time or two (or twelve)... you cannot fix everything in one year. Until then revel in the play of our front four.
For now we have to engage in shootouts because we don't have the D to avoid them and we haven't done badly in them in 2020. I believe Nero pointed out we are a more complete Offense than we have been since the 80s... we run... we screen... we short, medium and deep pass, and all that is without a WR who can take the top off a Defense. As others have pointed out, that guy is hurt. Other than that about all we are missing is full TE involvement. I'm still looking for that seam attack. Almost saw it to Njoku last nite, but pass was just out of reach.
I'm proud of this team.
Proud of the progress, disappointed we couldn't pull out the win. Get the MASH unit secondary 1\2 healthy- and a playoff win isn't out of the question. We have two winnable (make that must win) games coming up to punch our playoff ticket. Losing to the Ravens sucks because should we both wind up 11-5 (I fully expect them to win out) they own the head to head tiebreaker against us.
PS- not to be too hard on Baker- but he had plenty of passes that he sailed out of the area code his receiver was in....
That's our entire starting secondary. Would we have won that game if they were all playing? I'll say probably. FWIW, even without them- we win if Par-kay Margarine hadn't reverted to form in big games, froze up in the cold, and missed a FG and extra point.
I said last week that Parky scared me. People said I was nuts, lol. The reason I was terrified was that he was virtually perfect and that's not realistic. He was due for some misses and they literally came at the worst possible time. ?
️
-
Yes, all true, nevertheless, as far as I am concerned there could have been a few simple moves this FO could have made to have improved this defense. Yes, that would have meant bringing in some veterans and paying them something. (especially when the injuries began mounting up). But when you do have a playoff contender, even one that could go somewhere in the playoffs like we could maybe, I think you do whatever you should to see the team to its fruition to do the best by them and the fans as you can.
gip......we neee defense....defense....defense.....defense wins games....you need offense also....but defense wins games....and i agree, the fo coulp have done something about it....no doubt.....and don't count you r chickens just yet.....the gints game will not be a pushover game for us....why.....we have no defense and jones can pick us apart...and guess what,,,,,the gints are playing great d.....scares the shit out of me...game we should win but..........
gip......we neee defense....defense....defense.....defense wins games....you need offense also....but defense wins games....and i agree, the fo coulp have done something about it....no doubt.....and don't count you r chickens just yet.....the gints game will not be a pushover game for us....why.....we have no defense and jones can pick us apart...and guess what,,,,,the gints are playing great d.....scares the shit out of me...game we should win but..........
I am not sure how that is responsive to what I wrote. Yes, we need defense, and I am saying there were some veteran leaders on defense that have been out there walking the street that we could have had at our positions of most dire need. I am specifically talking Clay Mathews and Earl Thomas. Yes, aging stars.....but veteran leaders who could have been far superior to some of the detritus we have had at their positions.
-
I'm really struggling with our defense.
And you know what? I can't think of any excuse good enough for giving up that 3rd and 10 to the backup. That WAS the game.
Let me ask you something else. When is the last time our defense actually stopped someone to win a game? Don't say Jacksonville.
Let's I'm proud of our offense, our coach, and our QB. But I don't think anyone on our defense can look in the mirror this morning. Ravens haven't scored this many points since the LAST time they beat us. Have some damn pride defense.
Lamar was making the types of plays that a typical quarterback has ZERO business making. Our defense simply isn’t equipped, in its current state, to stop such a player. Most teams can’t stop LJ. We need players like Delpit and run stopping LBs to slow down that offense.
The 3rd and 10 was a good play by the offense. Good read, throw, and catch.
The defense played very well last week, creating turnovers and containing Derrick Henry.
Losing sucks, I get it.. especially to the Ratbirds.
Lamar was making the types of plays that a typical quarterback has ZERO business making. Our defense simply isn’t equipped, in its current state, to stop such a player. Most teams can’t stop LJ. We need players like Delpit and run stopping LBs to slow down that offense.
The 3rd and 10 was a good play by the offense. Good read, throw, and catch.
The defense played very well last week, creating turnovers and containing Derrick Henry.
Losing sucks, I get it.. especially to the Ratbirds.
Yeah right, only allowed 28 points in the 2nd half.
-
Ball security...anyone else hope we're working on that this week? If I'm the Giants, I'm preaching all week long to get that ball out. Good lord we couldn't keep the damn ball safe. We are the better team, but the biggest equalizer in NFL football is the turnover margin.
-
Not enough love being shown to Money Mitch. He's done pretty decent for being shoved into a #1 and #2 corner role.
-
gip......we neee defense....defense....defense.....defense wins games....you need offense also....but defense wins games....and i agree, the fo coulp have done something about it....no doubt.....and don't count you r chickens just yet.....the gints game will not be a pushover game for us....why.....we have no defense and jones can pick us apart...and guess what,,,,,the gints are playing great d.....scares the shit out of me...game we should win but..........
I am not sure how that is responsive to what I wrote. Yes, we need defense, and I am saying there were some veteran leaders on defense that have been out there walking the street that we could have had at our positions of most dire need. I am specifically talking Clay Mathews and Earl Thomas. Yes, aging stars.....but veteran leaders who could have been far superior to some of the detritus we have had at their positions.
I am not sure how that is responsive to what I wrote. Yes, we need defense, and I am saying there were some veteran leaders on defense that have been out there walking the street that we could have had at our positions of most dire need. I am specifically talking Clay Mathews and Earl Thomas. Yes, aging stars.....but veteran leaders who could have been far superior to some of the detritus we have had at their positions.
yes it does apply to what you wrote...you said the fo could have done a better job with trying to get some fa's on d...i just built it up a little as to what you were saying...i totally agree as to what you said about the fo....
-
- Defensive gameplan. What Lamar did in the first half is simply unacceptable. I said before the game: keep him in the pocket, make him win us with his arm. He ran for 1000 miles and they rushed for 2000 yards.
I'm really struggling with our defense. I want to be realistic because we're so injured, but who isn't? Ward always misses big games every year. We don't have a single linebacker who will play next year except possibly Taki on run downs. Everyone else is toast. And you know what? I can't think of any excuse good enough for giving up that 3rd and 10 to the backup. That WAS the game.
Let me ask you something else. When is the last time our defense actually stopped someone to win a game? Don't say Jacksonville. They gave up yet another TD to Mike Glennon. MIKE GLENNON. Look at Dallas and Tennessee games. The only reason we won is because of our offense. If we can play keep away, we can win. If we're expecting our defense to win the game, good luck with that. We give up more game tying or game losing drives in the 4th quarter than anyone I can remember. The Bengals game? How about BOTH of them.
Let's focus on last night. Look at before the half...our offense shits the bed and needs help. Just hold them to 3 we said (a punt was obviously not going to happen). Nope. They score a TD on the worst defense in recorded history. How about the last part of the 4th quarter? Nope. They gave up how many drives in the final minutes? Jesus man, someone make a play. The offense can't bail you out EVERY time.
I'm proud of our offense, our coach, and our QB. But I don't think anyone on our defense can look in the mirror this morning. Ravens haven't scored this many points since the LAST time they beat us. Have some damn pride defense.
OK...I'm feeling better. Thanks for the vent!
Go Brownies! Stay mad, stay angry, and beat the shit out of the Giants.
I'm really struggling with our defense. I want to be realistic because we're so injured, but who isn't? Ward always misses big games every year. We don't have a single linebacker who will play next year except possibly Taki on run downs. Everyone else is toast. And you know what? I can't think of any excuse good enough for giving up that 3rd and 10 to the backup. That WAS the game.
Let me ask you something else. When is the last time our defense actually stopped someone to win a game? Don't say Jacksonville. They gave up yet another TD to Mike Glennon. MIKE GLENNON. Look at Dallas and Tennessee games. The only reason we won is because of our offense. If we can play keep away, we can win. If we're expecting our defense to win the game, good luck with that. We give up more game tying or game losing drives in the 4th quarter than anyone I can remember. The Bengals game? How about BOTH of them.
Let's focus on last night. Look at before the half...our offense shits the bed and needs help. Just hold them to 3 we said (a punt was obviously not going to happen). Nope. They score a TD on the worst defense in recorded history. How about the last part of the 4th quarter? Nope. They gave up how many drives in the final minutes? Jesus man, someone make a play. The offense can't bail you out EVERY time.
I'm proud of our offense, our coach, and our QB. But I don't think anyone on our defense can look in the mirror this morning. Ravens haven't scored this many points since the LAST time they beat us. Have some damn pride defense.
OK...I'm feeling better. Thanks for the vent!
Go Brownies! Stay mad, stay angry, and beat the shit out of the Giants.
i knew when there backup made that 3rd and 10 it was over.....that is why the browns better watch out for daniel jones this week....he could slice and dice this defense up like a butcher.....there game plan should be pass pass pass....
-
I'm really struggling with our defense. I want to be realistic because we're so injured, but who isn't? Ward always misses big games every year. We don't have a single linebacker who will play next year except possibly Taki on run downs. Everyone else is toast. And you know what? I can't think of any excuse good enough for giving up that 3rd and 10 to the backup. That WAS the game.
Let me ask you something else. When is the last time our defense actually stopped someone to win a game? Don't say Jacksonville. They gave up yet another TD to Mike Glennon. MIKE GLENNON. Look at Dallas and Tennessee games. The only reason we won is because of our offense. If we can play keep away, we can win. If we're expecting our defense to win the game, good luck with that. We give up more game tying or game losing drives in the 4th quarter than anyone I can remember. The Bengals game? How about BOTH of them.
Let's focus on last night. Look at before the half...our offense shits the bed and needs help. Just hold them to 3 we said (a punt was obviously not going to happen). Nope. They score a TD on the worst defense in recorded history. How about the last part of the 4th quarter? Nope. They gave up how many drives in the final minutes? Jesus man, someone make a play. The offense can't bail you out EVERY time.
I'm proud of our offense, our coach, and our QB. But I don't think anyone on our defense can look in the mirror this morning. Ravens haven't scored this many points since the LAST time they beat us. Have some damn pride defense.
OK...I'm feeling better. Thanks for the vent!
Go Brownies! Stay mad, stay angry, and beat the shit out of the Giants.
i knew when there backup made that 3rd and 10 it was over.....that is why the browns better watch out for daniel jones this week....he could slice and dice this defense up like a butcher.....there game plan should be pass pass pass....
i knew when there backup made that 3rd and 10 it was over.....that is why the browns better watch out for daniel jones this week....he could slice and dice this defense up like a butcher.....there game plan should be pass pass pass....
oh and by the way, my high school team could probably drive 80 yds in three plays like most teams do against this pos defense....
-
Always one play away....
We need new linebackers and plenty of them. Probably need to draft another freaking CB if Greedy and Ward can't stay on the field for these kinda games.
Good thing is.... that short list makes them a really tough team. It's nice to have a short list instead of the 10 foot long one we usually have.
I don't think anyone wants to say this because he is easily the best coach we've had in decades, but Stefanski deserves some heat for this game too. I thought he made some good calls throughout the game, but the overall gameplan was terrible. You need to keep their offense off the field as much as possible, throwing early into their good secondary plays right into their hands. We don't really have a playmaker at WR other than Landry, so I guess now you see the value of Beckham. Baker is not a quarterback that is going to carve up a defense. He has made some strides but he is still not there yet. That near pick 6 was atrocious.
I don't think anyone wants to say this because he is easily the best coach we've had in decades, but Stefanski deserves some heat for this game too. I thought he made some good calls throughout the game, but the overall gameplan was terrible. You need to keep their offense off the field as much as possible, throwing early into their good secondary plays right into their hands. We don't really have a playmaker at WR other than Landry, so I guess now you see the value of Beckham. Baker is not a quarterback that is going to carve up a defense. He has made some strides but he is still not there yet. That near pick 6 was atrocious.
Very good post. As for the part in bold above - here's my take. Baker carved up that defense yesterday so I think we can forgive his 1st INT in the last 5 games. Don't forget this team was down 28-14 late in the 3rd quarter. I thought he played well under pressure.
-
I don't remember having heard the name Mack Wilson announced last night in the whole game. At least Takitaki did some tackles for loss IIRC.
The missed tackle didn’t aggravate me. It was the sloppy effort on the play where Dobbins had like 10-12 yard gain where Mack kinda gave it a HS try and put out a weak tackle attempt.
Mack Wilson has been all bark no bite...doesn’t have consistent effort play to play
The missed tackle didn’t aggravate me. It was the sloppy effort on the play where Dobbins had like 10-12 yard gain where Mack kinda gave it a HS try and put out a weak tackle attempt.
Mack Wilson has been all bark no bite...doesn’t have consistent effort play to play
yeah, i disappointed in wilson....thought he would be better....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login