Skip to content

**** Ravens at Browns Gameday thread

The Browns Board
238 43 6.7k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    I interpret that as meaning you want to suck my dick.   

    You are the one that apparently does not want to learn. You can't even keep simple facts straight.  You paid no attention whatsoever to what Unsymp. said.

    No I do not wish to suck your dick which is just another one of your many wrong interpretations. How you got that interpretation I'll never know unless its just wishful thinking.  If it wishful thinking then i just want to start off saying there is nothing wrong with your sexual orientation. Look I'm flattered but I'm heterosexual and don't wish to engage in any kind of sexual acts with you.  Keep shooting your shots though you will find your prince charming someday.

    Now on to the actual football I didn't skew any "facts" and I always welcome learning something knew. I know exactly what Unsympathetic said and completely agree with him. He is one of several on here that have a very good understanding on our cap space situation. Unsympathetic understands our 30 million in cap is all rollover cap that we have accumulated from being under the cap in previous years.  Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

      Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

  • What's it going to take for Gipper to earn a  timeout?

    @bjh2130 said:

    Sorry I hadn't seen your reply before I replied to the same misconception that we have a ton of cap space because of our rollover cap.

    Don't worry about it. It takes at least two to explain the cap around here, and you and Unsym do a great job of it.

    Plus if you alternate making the same posts over and over won't get old as quickly. 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    What's it going to take for Gipper to earn a  timeout?

    Quit being a complete coward, and maybe you will find out. 

    Don't worry about it. It takes at least two to explain the cap around here, and you and Unsym do a great job of it.

    At least you were right in not including yourself in the group of people capable of explaining it. 

    Plus if you alternate making the same posts over and over won't get old as quickly. 😉

  • @bjh2130 said:

      Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

    I am thinking you needed to post that first paragraph in  pink. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

      Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

    Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

    There was a play where Dobbins turned a 4-5 yard run into I think a 10-11 yard gain.  He tried this weak arm tackle was pushed away in a pile . zero effort.  It was one of those plays where you think a guy is holding up because he hears a whistle.  I hope that’s what it was.   At least on the TD run where he was in the hole and missed the tackle- he actually sunk his hips and looked like he tried to make a tackle.  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

    Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

    Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

    There was a play where Dobbins turned a 4-5 yard run into I think a 10-11 yard gain.  He tried this weak arm tackle was pushed away in a pile . zero effort.  It was one of those plays where you think a guy is holding up because he hears a whistle.  I hope that’s what it was.   At least on the TD run where he was in the hole and missed the tackle- he actually sunk his hips and looked like he tried to make a tackle.  

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

    He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

    He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

    Mack.. to his credit... or discredit... Is blaming his issues on injuries.. Do we waste another season (2021) to see if this is true or not.. or... do we move on???.. If he's here to compete for a back up role.. fine... But he's no starter IMHO...

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

    Mack.. to his credit... or discredit... Is blaming his issues on injuries.. Do we waste another season (2021) to see if this is true or not.. or... do we move on???.. If he's here to compete for a back up role.. fine... But he's no starter IMHO...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919

    @nickers said:

    Mack.. to his credit... or discredit... Is blaming his issues on injuries.. Do we waste another season (2021) to see if this is true or not.. or... do we move on???.. If he's here to compete for a back up role.. fine... But he's no starter IMHO...

    He's gone. Or at the very least a backup. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The more I see of Mack, the more I am convinced he simply guesses rather than reads-reacts. I think this explains SdB's hit or miss observation as in guess right and you look like a stud, but guess wrong and...

    The one play from Sunday that keeps replaying in my mind, a replay from behind the LOS of a BLT run into the 4-hole off read-option action. The hole was huge... at least 3-yards wide... and Mack "filled", but rather than break down inside the hole, he filled to the outside guessing that LJ was going to keep. Of course LJ left it with Dobbins IIRC who Mack waived at as he went by. Never touched him.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    waved. Anyways, I didn't know peters spit on landry. still waiting to see if the NFL suspends him for a game, especially given covid stuff.

    https://www.brownsnation.com/video-shows-marcus-peters-spitting-on-jarvis-landry/

  • waved. Anyways, I didn't know peters spit on landry. still waiting to see if the NFL suspends him for a game, especially given covid stuff.

    https://www.brownsnation.com/video-shows-marcus-peters-spitting-on-jarvis-landry/

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @calfoxwc said:

    waved. Anyways, I didn't know peters spit on landry. still waiting to see if the NFL suspends him for a game, especially given covid stuff.

    https://www.brownsnation.com/video-shows-marcus-peters-spitting-on-jarvis-landry/

    Spit-gate closure?...  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/19/marcus-peters-fined-12500-for-spitting-incident-last-monday-night/  (mid-link typo error..only Peters got fined, not Landry ?)

      Harbaugh preached the same spit ball story in 2013 with Ray Rice at Phil Taylor...(which got Rice? .... nothing) 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    How did Wilson/Phillips appear relevant in college but here look like they spent the time playing video game rugby and now tackle football is an entirely new sport

  • How did Wilson/Phillips appear relevant in college but here look like they spent the time playing video game rugby and now tackle football is an entirely new sport

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    How did Wilson/Phillips appear relevant in college but here look like they spent the time playing video game rugby and now tackle football is an entirely new sport

    Because, unlike their musical counterparts they are not "Dedicated"?

    Wilson Phillips (@WilsonPhillips) | Twitter

  • @the-gipper said:

    I interpret that as meaning you want to suck my dick.   

    You are the one that apparently does not want to learn. You can't even keep simple facts straight.  You paid no attention whatsoever to what Unsymp. said.

    No I do not wish to suck your dick which is just another one of your many wrong interpretations. How you got that interpretation I'll never know unless its just wishful thinking.  If it wishful thinking then i just want to start off saying there is nothing wrong with your sexual orientation. Look I'm flattered but I'm heterosexual and don't wish to engage in any kind of sexual acts with you.  Keep shooting your shots though you will find your prince charming someday.

    Now on to the actual football I didn't skew any "facts" and I always welcome learning something knew. I know exactly what Unsympathetic said and completely agree with him. He is one of several on here that have a very good understanding on our cap space situation. Unsympathetic understands our 30 million in cap is all rollover cap that we have accumulated from being under the cap in previous years.  Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    @bjh2130 said:

    No I do not wish to suck your dick which is just another one of your many wrong interpretations.

    ???????

    Close to 6am here up early laughing my head off in bed. 

  • Jesus... I just don't get some of you...

    Gents... we just went toe to toe with a team that beat us senseless a mere 3 months ago.

    Stop and think about that for a minute. If that is not cause for optimism, then I don't know what is.

    Yes.. for the umpteenth time... yes, our D is not good. This is not news. Suck it the fuck up and know that as sure as our FO addressed the Offense in 2020, that they will address the D in 2021. As I believe I may have mentioned a time or two (or twelve)... you cannot fix everything in one year. Until then revel in the play of our front four.

    For now we have to engage in shootouts because we don't have the D to avoid them and we haven't done badly in them in 2020. I believe Nero pointed out we are a more complete Offense than we have been since the 80s... we run... we screen... we short, medium and deep pass, and all that is without a WR who can take the top off a Defense. As others have pointed out, that guy is hurt. Other than that about all we are missing is full TE involvement. I'm still looking for that seam attack. Almost saw it to Njoku last nite, but pass was just out of reach.

    I'm proud of this team.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Jesus... I just don't get some of you...

    An excellent post all round but this sums up my feelings since Monday night 

    I know people are desperate for the playoffs at last and reactions can be led by emotion but some of the stuff being written is crazy.

    This team can really play and our coaching staff is the best in a long long time