Week 15: CLE @ NYG... Browns vs. The New York Football Giants... in New Jersey
-
The next one that counts a chicken before the egg has hatched gets a swift internet kick to the man meat. (and remember, my legs are like steal vices)
I don't think I have seen anyone here take that game for granted. Sure, there have been predictions that the Browns will win it...but wtf...if that is the case, we should ban every post that makes a prediction of a score.
1) Browns as a team are emotionally drained after that heartbreaker... don't for a second discount what that does to a person, much less a team. They aren't Madden players.
2) They are on a short week and on the big stage again and know that all eyes are on them.
3) The pressure of having to win the games you're supposed to win to simply get to the playoffs is a heavy burden, and make no mistake, the team feels it.
4) They are on the road - back-to-back, and all that it entails.
Well, the good thing is that the better team is the first team we play...so the road effect should be mitigated in the first game. And I don't know if playing in the same (road) stadium 2 weeks in a row may also mitigate that. It is why I asked the question earlier: are the Browns staying in NY area between games?)
5) History says the Jets most likely aren't going 0-16. (I know we play the Giants this week, I'm simply foreshadowing)
That concept did not work for the Browns a few years ago, did it?
6) The Browns bring that scary defense of theirs wherever they go.... like an evil shadow in a horror movie.
This is your best point out of the 6 you made.
^ On paper the Browns should win, and win comfortably..... too bad this game won't be played on paper. Kevin has done a great job all year and I have no doubt he will have a good offensive game plan and we'll all find out what the Browns are made of these last 3 games because in my opinion they have to go 2-1 to get to the dance.
You think even 10-6 will not get them there? Even that last spot?
You think even 10-6 will not get them there? Even that last spot?
I don't. I think going 1-3 over the last 4 puts us on the outside looking in.
Right now we have a young Jekyll and Hyde team that has beaten Tenn and Indy, hung on for dear life against the Bungles (twice), squeaked by the Texans and Jags and lost every game to their top division rivals... unpopular statement I know, but it is what it is.
The stage is getting bigger and brighter every week, and while I think they can beat both the NY teams, and are far and away the better team, it all depends on if the good Dr. or Mr. Hyde shows up Sunday night..... and I think all 6 of my concerns will dictate that.
-
In normal times, this could have been a hell of a week to go and stay in NYC, or outside of it. Do a week of sightseeing/museums etc. sandwiched between 2 games.
But no. No fans allowed:
In normal times, this could have been a hell of a week to go and stay in NYC, or outside of it. Do a week of sightseeing/museums etc. sandwiched between 2 games.
But no. No fans allowed:
My cousin, who is as big a Browns fan as anyone, lives 45 minutes from East Rutherford. A situation like this - two Browns games in one week that close to him - will never happen again, and Covid says "No Browns for you!"
-
Speaking of terrible: This is the most 2020 of sentences. What, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the fuck.
-
Speaking of terrible: This is the most 2020 of sentences. What, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the fuck.
Speaking of terrible: This is the most 2020 of sentences. What, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the fuck.
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Holy shitballs.
-
-
That D line of the Gmen isn't fucking around. The defense as a whole is greater than the sum of its parts, just ask Russell Wilson.
-
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
-
-
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
Denzel (cross your fingers his tissue injuries seem to take forever). Money Mitch. Karl Lost in space Joseph, Tedric secret weapon Thompson, MJ Stewart, Thomas (still on the roster)?, Moffatt
-
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
Our 6th and 7th stringers. Just know this game is going to be a war. We won't be able to stop anyone and they'll be able to stop us. It's gonna be a tight game.
-
Who the hell do we even have playing in our defensive backfield?
Our 6th and 7th stringers. Just know this game is going to be a war. We won't be able to stop anyone and they'll be able to stop us. It's gonna be a tight game.
Our 6th and 7th stringers. Just know this game is going to be a war. We won't be able to stop anyone and they'll be able to stop us. It's gonna be a tight game.
I hear you...
After Ward, Mitchell, Harrison the drop of is big and we have a group of Stewart, Joseph, Redwine, Johnson, Thomas, okay one more drop Sendejo.Shake up 4-9 in a bag and put them on the field and it’s all the same.
-
-
-
That’s a huge loss for GMen. I thought he had whale of a game against the Seahawks a few weeks ago.
He really did. That's huge because their backup won't be near his level. I'm more worried about their DL though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login




