Skip to content

So where do we watch Sundays Browns game?

The Browns Board
41 19 874 1
  • Zombo said:

    Sunday Night Football on NBC.

    We've hit the big time.

    Z

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    Yeah it bites. I ended up dropping DirecTV last year due to this (had it 12 years) and put an antenna on my house. 

    I've signed up for some streaming services, but keep jumping around as the co$t is getting too high (net neutrality, bah humbug).

    Go Browns. Hope everybody gets to watch it!!!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Where?

    Why in The Tavern of course...

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    At home... where I always watch them..

  • Zombo said:

    Sunday Night Football on NBC.

    We've hit the big time.

    Z

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @westside-steve said:

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    Well, you know my situation with stress.  If possible I may try to make it for at least the first half. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    Well, you know my situation with stress.  If possible I may try to make it for at least the first half. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, you know my situation with stress.  If possible I may try to make it for at least the first half. 

    That would be great. It's more important friends get together than whatever the reason might be.  Hulu live has a one-week free trial. Even if I had to pay for it for a month it would be okay. I don't trust you know who's Fred Flintstone era TV reception system. 

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Sunday Night Football on NBC.

    We've hit the big time.

    Z

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @westside-steve said:

     Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    Thatta boy Steve!   That'll be a nice tune-up for when you come back down in February to watch the Browns play in Tampa on February 7th.

  • Zombo said:

    Sunday Night Football on NBC.

    We've hit the big time.

    Z

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    dustyD dusty wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey brother sorry I wasn't specific enough right now DirecTV is feuding with NBC the channel 3 doesn't come in on that Network. So I was wondering if the people in Northeast Ohio could find it. Actually my preference would be fly down and watch it with you but...

    WSS

    I have watched Sunday Night Football on my laptop before. Try NBCSports.com (I think). 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #13

    You lucky people. I have to go to the forum that's too risky for Reddit and then for the streams click on the [X] that moves around or else I get popup ads for TB12's latest zucchini and radish cleanse.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @westside-steve said:

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    Buy some cheap chromecasts and cast it from your phone.  3k worth of tv should have a couple cheap rokus or chomecasts

  • You lucky people. I have to go to the forum that's too risky for Reddit and then for the streams click on the [X] that moves around or else I get popup ads for TB12's latest zucchini and radish cleanse.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @unsympathetic said:

    You lucky people. I have to go to the forum that's too risky for Reddit and then for the streams click on the [X] that moves around or else I get popup ads for TB12's latest zucchini and radish cleanse.

    Unsympathetic if you still need it Sunday night I will send you a link for stream through private message

  • @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    I may possibly order a trial of Hulu live which is a pain in my ass because I have four big screen Samsung TVs 55 up to 75 in all of them only a few years old but still too old to run the Hulu Live app. I would have to get it through my Xbox in the downstairs

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #16

    @westside-steve said:

    Either NBC or channel 3 are holding out and they are at odds with AT&T and DirecTV.

    It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

  • Is it on NBC? Only the NFL Network? DirecTV channel?

    WSS

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @westside-steve said:

    Is it on NBC? Only the NFL Network? DirecTV channel?

    WSS

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    See below Gipper....  

    @tour2ma said:

    It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Is it on NBC? Only the NFL Network? DirecTV channel?

    WSS

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    See below Gipper....  

    @tour2ma said:

    It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    See below Gipper....  

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    This problem of these greedy aceholes has effected Dish for years! We lost Sports Time Ohio in August of 2019 so no Indians games or Browns insider stuff! We also lost Fox 8

    3 weeks ago. same people TEGNA! Going to buy the antenna for that, but Dish says NO progress on the STO front....When the contract is up BYE!!! 

    GO BROWNS!! 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Is it on NBC? Only the NFL Network? DirecTV channel?

    WSS

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    @the-gipper said:

    What stupidity and greed is going on there? 

    See below Gipper....  

    @tour2ma said:

    It's TEGNA... own a bunch of local channels nationwide... NBC in your area and CBS in mine.

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #19

    @hoorta said:

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    See below Gipper....  

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

    As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

    Thank you gentlemen

    WSS

  • Where?

    Why in The Tavern of course...

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Where?

    Why in The Tavern of course...

    You know it! 

    Well, unless we're down by multiple scores and I'm worried I might act like an ass clown so I graciously leave as to keep my friendships intact. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    See below Gipper....  

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

    As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

    Thank you gentlemen

    WSS

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but the new antenna is much different. It's basically a pancake that gets flattened against your wall and has a small wire running to your TV. The good news is that you can simply take it down after the game there isn't any evidence it was there! 

  • @hoorta said:

    You mentioned your aversion to a good old OTA amplified antenna.  If you don't mind a delay- sign up for the 7 day free trial of NFL game pass- and then cancel it.... 

    See below Gipper....  

    ↑↑↑ it's billionaires fighting billionaires. The deal is "local" stations are rarely independent anymore.  They're owned by big outfits like Tegna or Nexstar.  So for the subscription services like Directv, Dish, and others to have the right to carry that channel on their service- they have to pay  a royalty fee to the station's owner to carry the local signal.  And the negotiations of what exactly that royalty fee is worth have gotten progressively uglier and more contentious of late. Of course, you the consumer pay the increased freight when they eventually settle. 

    We had a similar issue Dayton way last year with Direct feuding with Nexstar, we lost CBS on satellite for over a week. As I mentioned to Steve- there is a solution assuming you don't live way out in the boondocks. The stations direct over the air signal is always available, so get thee to Amazon and buy an amplified indoor antenna ($20-30 bucks) problem solved. 

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

    As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

    Thank you gentlemen

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    And the Hulu live offers a one-week trial. I had regular Hulu for a while but there was nothing I wanted to watch it wasn't one for other premium channels I've subscribed to.

    As it turns odd one of our regular quartet of games watching regulars has an antenna He says channel 3 comes in great. Hopefully he's not lying just just he's too lazy to leave his house. Hahaha.

    Thank you gentlemen

    WSS

    Sometimes he tries to pull in the games from  a Youngstown station...and we get all the snow you ever want. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Oh I understand I could purchase antenna. I don't particularly relish the idea of mounting an outside the house and running the wire but...

    I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but the new antenna is much different. It's basically a pancake that gets flattened against your wall and has a small wire running to your TV. The good news is that you can simply take it down after the game there isn't any evidence it was there! 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but

     like they say in journalism everything before the but is bullshit. ?

    the new antenna is much different. It's basically a pancake that gets flattened against your wall and has a small wire running to your TV. The good news is that you can simply take it down after the game there isn't any evidence it was there! 

     Thanks, yes indeed a friend of mine has one of those  usb units and offered it to me because, as he said, it didn't work very well in his place so he went with an outdoor system that can be aimed depending on which channel he was trying to get.   

     and what the heck they might certainly work fine here.

    WSS