2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.
-
Taywan Taylor / JoJo Natson are currently on our IR but may not be answers to any question.
Both have deep speed. The question is if they are complete players; both former teams didn't think so.
Taylor was a 2017 3rd rounder who we paid a 2020 7th round pick to acquire ; Natson was UDFA and saw snaps the last 2 yrs at NYJ.
Note, of course, that Taylor was a late day3 2017 prospect at WalterFootball.. Although our pick was the correct 2017 value for him, he was healthy for us until the last couple of games in 2020 and barely made the field even after OBJ's injury.
Taywan Taylor / JoJo Natson are currently on our IR but may not be answers to any question.
Both have deep speed. The question is if they are complete players; both former teams didn't think so.
Taylor was a 2017 3rd rounder who we paid a 2020 7th round pick to acquire ; Natson was UDFA and saw snaps the last 2 yrs at NYJ.
Note, of course, that Taylor was a late day3 2017 prospect at WalterFootball.. Although our pick was the correct 2017 value for him, he was healthy for us until the last couple of games in 2020 and barely made the field even after OBJ's injury.
Taylor is Fool's Gold. Yes, he's fast (4.4-ish ET) and quick (6.57 3-cone) so team's pick him up hoping they can turn him into a WR only to dump him when they can't. We will as well.
I've no idea what potential Natson has, but while fast (mid-4.4's), he does not appear to be quick (7.20 3-cone). However, the surprisingly slow 3-cone may be because he did not train for the drills as do Combine invitees... like Taywan.
Did I mention Taywan has really bad hands?

-
Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too...
Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too...
not unless he played for the Browns
-
Tom Tupa - I believe - is the first player to score a 2pt conversion too...
not unless he played for the Browns
-
He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns.
Vs Cincinnati
-
Wade played himself into the second round. He may even be a bust there too. Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.
-
Shaun Wade pathetic effort tonight
-
Wade played himself into the second round. He may even be a bust there too. Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.
Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.
You're 8 weeks late to this part.
Go back and watch the Penn State game. If I was Ryan Day, I would have benched him at the half.
-
He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns.
Vs Cincinnati
Vs Cincinnati
i mean i knew we were the first but did not remember tupa being on are team
-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?
Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.
Twin Towers? I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much...



-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?
Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.
Twin Towers? I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much...



-
-
-
The Tide is rolling in..
Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.
Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)
-
The Tide is rolling in..
Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.
Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)
-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
1
Jones?
-
1
Jones?
Jones?
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
-
Jones?
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft.
Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...
... then I came to my senses.

-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
1
Their history is like more than half.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


