Skip to content

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

The Browns Board
402 20 13.5k
  • @atom said:

    not unless he played for the Browns

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    Vs Cincinnati

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Wade played himself into the second round.  He may even be a bust there too.  Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Shaun Wade pathetic effort tonight 

  • Wade played himself into the second round.  He may even be a bust there too.  Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.

    You're 8 weeks late to this part.

    Go back and watch the Penn State game.  If I was Ryan Day, I would have benched him at the half.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns. 

    Vs Cincinnati

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Vs Cincinnati

    i mean i knew we were the first but did not remember tupa being on are team

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

  • I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?

    Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.

    Twin Towers?  I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much... 😉

    image.png.d634be6cf14029b9aa515558d56674a9.pngimage.png.5a927e6f415f067a78417c5e3be423f1.png

  • @gumby73 said:

    I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though... 

    Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34    Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan 

    AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ?  Some say 4.5 speed..  But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?

    I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?

    Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.

    Twin Towers?  I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much... 😉

    image.png.d634be6cf14029b9aa515558d56674a9.pngimage.png.5a927e6f415f067a78417c5e3be423f1.png

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

     your little guy                5'11. 

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here. 

  • @tour2ma said:

     your little guy                5'11. 

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here.

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

  • @tiamat63 said:

    😕

    Bunch a' god damn height supremacists around here.

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    Shorty? Is that you? 😉

    tenor.gif?itemid=12463116

    And you wonder why DB's have attitudes? 😆

    Back to watching DB's.   Not completely prepared to rule out one of the top 5 falling to the Browns.  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The Tide is rolling in..

    Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.

    Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)

  • The Tide is rolling in..

    Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.

    Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    The Tide is rolling in..

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    The Tide is rolling in..

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    1

  • @the-gipper said:

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    1

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    1

    Jones?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @tour2ma said:

    Jones?

    He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.

    EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Jones?

    He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.

    EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft.

    Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...

    ... then I came to my senses. 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players. 

    1

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    1

    Their history is like more than half. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Jones?

    He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.

    EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.

    EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.

    McElroy  or McCarron quality. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft.

    Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...

    ... then I came to my senses. 😉

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...

    ... then I came to my senses. 😉

    https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/christian-barmore/

    Donald is 6'1", 280. But since you mention it, Barmore's serious power and quickness was amazing. Barmore is 6'5", 315.

    Just...amazing to watch him dominate.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    If recent history stays trend - then Surtain.