2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.
-
Wade played himself into the second round. He may even be a bust there too. Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.
Have to question his effort on a few of the plays too.
You're 8 weeks late to this part.
Go back and watch the Penn State game. If I was Ryan Day, I would have benched him at the half.
-
He did....and the first two point extra point was, I believe, accomplished when he was with the Browns.
Vs Cincinnati
Vs Cincinnati
i mean i knew we were the first but did not remember tupa being on are team
-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutoring him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?
Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.
Twin Towers? I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much...



-
I've seen most the Tyreek Hill comparisons to Gators WR Kadarius Toney?.. He'd surely help our kick/punt returns. Also, think Toney will blow his combine numbers out of our reach & higher position needs..Juice at age 28, don't look to be losing any steps either... Toney would be a fun watch, with Juice tutor him though...
Every draft season, I look for that small school kid to root for.. Can't wait to see this Charleston, D2 kid at senior bowl/combine.... I was shocked to see Walt even found this guy & ranked him #34 Meet 6'5" 225 Mike Strachan
AJ Brown'ish comes to my mind ? Some say 4.5 speed.. But, I want to see more, if this big cat, can turn & get out of breaks..Not much tape out there on route tree, but can see a Gordon getting off the LOS... any thoughts of having 2 twin towers on the outside of Peeps & a 6'5 ?
I like the added bulk of your little guy, but wonder about his quicks at 5'11. Does he seem expensive to you if he's a 2nd-rounder?
Strachan seems to be more of unknown... at least at draftscout. If the 4.6 is close, then he'd better cut on a dime to separate.
Twin Towers? I could see taking a chance on Olajuwon, but Sampson? Not so much...



-
-
The Tide is rolling in..
Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.
Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)
-
The Tide is rolling in..
Four Alabama football players announced Thursday that they will be passing on remaining years of eligibility to enter the 2021 NFL draft: quarterback Mac Jones, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle, defensive lineman Christian Barmore and cornerback Patrick Surtain II. All of them have recently been projected as first-round picks.
Four Alabama standouts, including Mac Jones, announce departure to NFL (msn.com)
-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
1
Jones?
-
1
Jones?
Jones?
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
-
Jones?
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft.
Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...
... then I came to my senses.

-
And how many of them will turn out to have been overrated players.
1
1
Their history is like more than half.
-
Jones?
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
He's going to have to be with a coach as good as Saban (or Stef) who can meticulously pick out defensive weaknesses that are tailor made for Jones to take advantage with the skills he has or can build upon. I've never trusted more recent Bama or OSU QBs to be very good in the NFL. Waddle was almost as good as Smith before the injury I think and you could see he was still decent enough to play well with one wheel some of the NC game. Kid plays with heart. That impressed me. Smith is going to be one of those really great NFL receivers. He deserved the Heisman. Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft. Tough to move him out and good at pushing into the pocket. He actually may be there when we pick as BPA.
EDIT: Draftek actually has Waddle going before Smith in their mock draft right now. Correction to that. They have him higher on their Big Board, but have Smith drafted first.
McElroy or McCarron quality.
-
Barmore may go first round as the best DT in this year's draft.
Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...
... then I came to my senses.

Barmore's quickness surprised me. Even made me think of Aaron Donald a couple times...
... then I came to my senses.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/christian-barmore/
Donald is 6'1", 280. But since you mention it, Barmore's serious power and quickness was amazing. Barmore is 6'5", 315.
Just...amazing to watch him dominate.
-
If recent history stays trend - then Surtain.
-
Say what?
No seriously, what were you trying to say?
Kareem Jackson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Dee Milliner
Marlon Humprhey
Javier Arenas
Cyrus Jones (60)
Trevon Diggs (51)
I included a couple picks just outside the top 50. But those are the CB's selected from Bama in the top 50 range. Outside of Humphrey, isn't a pro-bowler to be found. Milliner a regarded bust. Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Arenas all drafted well above how they've played. NE shipped Jones after after 1 season and jury is still out on Diggs.
In short, Bama corners haven't been very good in the NFL.
-
Say what?
No seriously, what were you trying to say?
Kareem Jackson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Dee Milliner
Marlon Humprhey
Javier Arenas
Cyrus Jones (60)
Trevon Diggs (51)
I included a couple picks just outside the top 50. But those are the CB's selected from Bama in the top 50 range. Outside of Humphrey, isn't a pro-bowler to be found. Milliner a regarded bust. Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Arenas all drafted well above how they've played. NE shipped Jones after after 1 season and jury is still out on Diggs.
In short, Bama corners haven't been very good in the NFL.
Kareem Jackson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Dee Milliner
Marlon Humprhey
Javier Arenas
Cyrus Jones (60)
Trevon Diggs (51)
I included a couple picks just outside the top 50. But those are the CB's selected from Bama in the top 50 range. Outside of Humphrey, isn't a pro-bowler to be found. Milliner a regarded bust. Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Arenas all drafted well above how they've played. NE shipped Jones after after 1 season and jury is still out on Diggs.
In short, Bama corners haven't been very good in the NFL.
You mentioned Barmore. How have their DTs fared?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


