2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.
-
Patrick Jones initial viewing and thoughts.
"Rough draft" Thoughts.
6'5 260lbs. That's a first-off-the-bus kind of player. All the physical gifts are there. Good arm length, height, weight distribution throughout his body. Athletic, quick as evidenced in the first step routinely. Raw... technically raw. Bordering somewhere between considerably and very. I can see why you'd be enamored with him though, his functional play strength is there and when he does win it's based mostly on that strength and athleticism with little contribution from polished technique, most glaring being pad level/center of gravity and feet to hand sync. This is the earliest game of the 2020 season I could find, so I'm hoping to see improvement with some consistency in games further down the rest of the year. But the few wins I saw make me curious enough to keep watching, so at least there's that. But 1st round hype? That must mean some better tape is coming I would hope.
I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.
I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.
"Quickly" is a relative term. My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit. Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games.
I'm hoping for a Carlos Basham, Jr. breakdown....
About as subtle as a chick in a long term relationship saying "damn, this RING sure would look nice"
edit: another 200 views overnight.. WHO THE EFF IS ACTUALLY READING THIS BEYOND THE BOARD REGULARS?!?!
-
I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.
"Quickly" is a relative term. My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit. Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games.
I'm hoping for a Carlos Basham, Jr. breakdown....
About as subtle as a chick in a long term relationship saying "damn, this RING sure would look nice"
edit: another 200 views overnight.. WHO THE EFF IS ACTUALLY READING THIS BEYOND THE BOARD REGULARS?!?!
-
-
Russian bots?
Could be...
... or beautiful Russian women looking for American, football-loving husbands... https://www.russiancupid.com/
-
Russian bots?
Could be...
... or beautiful Russian women looking for American, football-loving husbands... https://www.russiancupid.com/
Could be...
... or beautiful Russian women looking for American, football-loving husbands... https://www.russiancupid.com/
Go on....
-
I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.
"Quickly" is a relative term. My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit. Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games.
I'm hoping for a Carlos Basham, Jr. breakdown....
About as subtle as a chick in a long term relationship saying "damn, this RING sure would look nice"
edit: another 200 views overnight.. WHO THE EFF IS ACTUALLY READING THIS BEYOND THE BOARD REGULARS?!?!
"Quickly" is a relative term. My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit. Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games.
I'm thinking in terms of seasons, not weeks. Hopefully during the first season depending upon motivation and "smarts". They were able to change Baker's game from one season to the next. That was truly impressive.
-
Back in the lab... or is it the machine shop? Watching Patrick Jones v Louisville 2020. Feel free to stop in and give your opinions.
Your favorite DJ will be spinning the 1's and 2's for at least another hour in the discord.
-
-
-
-
No Combine.. Pro Days start early March... But wait...
-
No Combine.. Pro Days start early March... But wait...
No Combine.. Pro Days start early March... But wait...
At this point, I don't even trust the official measurements.
Bullshit Kyler Murray is 5'10.
-
No Combine.. Pro Days start early March... But wait...
At this point, I don't even trust the official measurements.
Bullshit Kyler Murray is 5'10.
-
For what its worth, Mel Kiper said today that the 4 best QB prospects he has ever evaluated since he has been doing what he does are:
John Elway
Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
Trevor Lawrence.
He didn't say who his next several were.
-
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
-
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
Duke Johnson since released. Would you rather have D'Ernest or Duke?
-
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
Love him. Does a lot of the little things well. Ball Security and Blitz pick up.
He has a nice burst too. I think we called him Kamara Lite during the season.
-
Was having a few drinks last night and talking the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time. Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.
Love him. Does a lot of the little things well. Ball Security and Blitz pick up.
He has a nice burst too. I think we called him Kamara Lite during the season.
Love him. Does a lot of the little things well. Ball Security and Blitz pick up.
He has a nice burst too. I think we called him Kamara Lite during the season.
Who is "we"...? You mean me?
-
Love him. Does a lot of the little things well. Ball Security and Blitz pick up.
He has a nice burst too. I think we called him Kamara Lite during the season.
Who is "we"...? You mean me?
-
Sometime during or after Cowboy or Colt game.
It’s the Hips and burst for me. He obviously isn’t Alvin but he’s got some light qualities.
Hmm. I didn't think it was that late into the season - 2nd week of October.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
