Skip to content

Kevin Greene Dead At 58

The Browns Board
15 10 1.7k
  • the motor of Kevin Greene was real. I never remember a down the guy took a play off.. His game day eyes were a wired focus.. My wife is the serious Panthers fan, with the Kevin Greene jersey.. It was a sad ride home from her work today hearing this news.. She said.. Bill Cower, jumped on NFL radio soon after the news broke. Sounds like a serious Heart attack took Greene's life ? .. 

    Kevin Greene was a a 1985 5th round pick from Auburn.. Prayers go out to his wife Tara. Son Cavin & daughter Gabrielle. ?  I just heard Kevin on a radio show, 2 weeks ago sounding great & seemed to want to get back into coaching once both children started college...  age 58.. 🙁 stunner...  

  • Covid?

    @the-gipper said:

    Covid?

    I hate to say this, but I almost hope so.

    Because when I hear of a relatively young ex-football player dying, I automatically think of Junior Seau and Andre Waters. 

  • Gumby thinks heart attack. 

  • Gumby thinks heart attack. 

    @d-bone said:

    Gumby thinks heart attack. 

    Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    Kevin Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers' 6-foot-3, 249-pound all-pro, no-nonsense linebacker, says he didn't become the National Football League's top quarterback sacker this season merely through rigorous training, clean living and eating three square meals a day.

    Greene says he got a boost from a daily regimen of pills, powders and potions that brought increased strength, endurance and recuperative powers. Products with names such as Hot Stuff, The Arousal and The Growling Dog.

    "I have found a good mixture of stuff," Greene, a blond, Hulk Hogan lookalike, said with tough-guy confidence. "Fat burners. ... Amino acids three or four times a day. ... Four liver tablets a day. ... High-protein drinks. ... A natural, organic substance before the game to try to get, you know, the juices flowing."

    Greene paused and fixed his interviewer with an icy stare. "I suppose you want me to tell you everything I'm using, right?" he said. "Well, I'm not going to do it. For me to be the best, I've got to keep some stuff secret, okay?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/01/22/in-nfl-supplements-complement/b3c5764a-916c-4a7c-9fae-30d565b50c06/

  • Not covid...the medianwould be all over it.  Im thinking something similar to alzedo, hopefully not CTE.

  • @d-bone said:

    Gumby thinks heart attack. 

    Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    Kevin Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers' 6-foot-3, 249-pound all-pro, no-nonsense linebacker, says he didn't become the National Football League's top quarterback sacker this season merely through rigorous training, clean living and eating three square meals a day.

    Greene says he got a boost from a daily regimen of pills, powders and potions that brought increased strength, endurance and recuperative powers. Products with names such as Hot Stuff, The Arousal and The Growling Dog.

    "I have found a good mixture of stuff," Greene, a blond, Hulk Hogan lookalike, said with tough-guy confidence. "Fat burners. ... Amino acids three or four times a day. ... Four liver tablets a day. ... High-protein drinks. ... A natural, organic substance before the game to try to get, you know, the juices flowing."

    Greene paused and fixed his interviewer with an icy stare. "I suppose you want me to tell you everything I'm using, right?" he said. "Well, I'm not going to do it. For me to be the best, I've got to keep some stuff secret, okay?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/01/22/in-nfl-supplements-complement/b3c5764a-916c-4a7c-9fae-30d565b50c06/

    @tour2ma said:

    Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    You beat me to it especially when they say no cause given.  

    He played in that roids and other stuff era 1985-1999.  Covid related who knows.  CTE related ?

    He was a great guy but you hate to see them just die at 58.  RIP Kevin.

  • Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    And unlike Baseball HOF, that sort of thing does not keep anyone out of the PFHOF

  • RIP

  • I have a collection of football cards of Kevin Greene, from his early playing days with the RAMS, up to when he played for the Panthers. Its a shame he dies so young. Looks like I will have to place a small label of his last football card of him, and post Died 2020.

  • @d-bone said:

    Gumby thinks heart attack. 

    Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    Kevin Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers' 6-foot-3, 249-pound all-pro, no-nonsense linebacker, says he didn't become the National Football League's top quarterback sacker this season merely through rigorous training, clean living and eating three square meals a day.

    Greene says he got a boost from a daily regimen of pills, powders and potions that brought increased strength, endurance and recuperative powers. Products with names such as Hot Stuff, The Arousal and The Growling Dog.

    "I have found a good mixture of stuff," Greene, a blond, Hulk Hogan lookalike, said with tough-guy confidence. "Fat burners. ... Amino acids three or four times a day. ... Four liver tablets a day. ... High-protein drinks. ... A natural, organic substance before the game to try to get, you know, the juices flowing."

    Greene paused and fixed his interviewer with an icy stare. "I suppose you want me to tell you everything I'm using, right?" he said. "Well, I'm not going to do it. For me to be the best, I've got to keep some stuff secret, okay?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/01/22/in-nfl-supplements-complement/b3c5764a-916c-4a7c-9fae-30d565b50c06/

    @tour2ma said:

    Steroids side-effect would be my guess.

    Greene was a big user of "supplements".

    I\we hate to use that angle, but it's probably not a coincidence there's been an abnormal number of Steelers from the juicer era who have permanently checked out early.  🙁 

    @mjp28 said:

    You beat me to it especially when they say no cause given.  

    He played in that roids and other stuff era 1985-1999.  Covid related who knows.  CTE related ?

    He was a great guy but you hate to see them just die at 58.  RIP Kevin.

    Yup, too young to go...