Skip to content

Browns vs Jets - some stats

The Browns Board
2 2 174
  •   Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
    Browns 153 3rd 230 27th 3rd 111 12th 247 22nd 12th +6
    Jets 103 23rd 188 31st 26th 113 14th 280 30th 24th +0

    You can see that our defenses are similar except that we apply more pressure on the QB, which in turn holds the passing yards against us down a little.  The Jets are mid-pack against the run...and that's what Stef prefers to do.  (our OL has got us to the 3rd least sacked team)

    After jettisoning Greggg Williams the Jets defense beat the Rams.  There are no gimmies.  I hope that we can get our running game working against the Jets.

  • I'm obviously the extreme worrier of the group, but it's funny to see all of the problems this game presents. First off, Darnold is quicker than given credit for and really hurt the Rams with his legs on a few plays. With our linebackers being what they are, this scares me on a lot of the 3rd downs we'll encounter. Furthermore, the Jets implemented a super quick passing game that has been a problem for us all damn year. 

    I've heard several analysts praising our defense for last week's 6 point effort, but the truth of the matter is our defense was BAD. We buckled down in the red zone, but a 1st string QB likely scores at least 1TD in that game and Colt helped us by missing a big throw. Our offense only had 7 possessions which isn't a lot. Part of that was because we had several gigantic, lengthy drives, but it was mostly due to our defense's inability to get off the field. 

    Our defense made up for its deficiencies earlier in the year with turnovers, but those have dried up. Myles is definitely hurting from covid and isn't the same. We've forced 5 fumbles in a row that we have not recovered and we need someone to step up. I don't have a way to look this up, but my feeling is that we've forced the fewest punts of any 10 win team ever. 

    One of these days our offense is going to need some help from the defense and special teams. I'm not saying we're going to lose, but I do expect a freaking battle. Jets looked damn good against the Rams and it wasn't a fluke type game. Want some good news? Jets stud DT Quinnen Williams isn't playing, so Nick Harris can rest easy. We also get Sendejo back (yes, that's a good thing) and MAYBE Ronnie Harrison, although very doubtful. I don't expect us to run well without Teller, so Baker better be on his game again. 

    Oh, one more stat that got my attention. The Jets have scored on 8 straight opening possessions. That's crazy, right? I might actually accept the ball instead of deferring.