Skip to content

Not a Fan of Njoku

The Browns Board
11 9 374 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    We're embarking on a playoff run and you are worried about Njoku?... C'Mon man!!!!... I'm more concerned about the D...

  • We're embarking on a playoff run and you are worried about Njoku?... C'Mon man!!!!... I'm more concerned about the D...

    BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @nickers said:

    We're embarking on a playoff run and you are worried about Njoku?... C'Mon man!!!!... I'm more concerned about the D...

    You're right. It's only because there seems to be a hell of a lot of team support for one another that his attitude stood out to me. It should definitely be far down on the list of worries.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Njoku's looked pretty good the past couple weeks. I've even caught him blocking... ? ...

    IKR... 😉

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Probably a good thing as he seemed to lose focus when he was the best option in our TE room.  

    He’s taken advantage of the limited opportunities that he’s had this year. Hopefully that continues 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I theorized a while back that Mayfield and Njoku had a bristly relationship, but both seem to be working well together professionally these days. On this play, if l had to guess, it was just a case where Baker gutted up with where he was going to throw the ball even before he saw who was where. Kind of like a batter deciding he’s going to swing at a pitch before it’s even in the air.

  • I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #8

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

    I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

    From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

    And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku! 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

    I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

    From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

    And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku! 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @nero said:

    I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

    From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

    The shot from behind shows that when Njoku flashes into Bakers view, he is stumbling. By the time Njoku rights the proverbial ship, Mayfield is looking towards Landry and is in the process of cocking his arm back to throw to him. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't even know how it's possible to NOT see Njoku there. I realize he fell down for a moment but geez, lol. 

    I understand what Baker did there. Even if he saw him, Baker was closer to the sideline than him, and had 2 defenders in front.

    From Baker's POV, you have Njoku at your left just coming into frame, while you're already looking for one of the targets supposed to be there between the defenders. Even if he had seen him, it is easier to pass to the end of the endzone, so the throw can have more air to surpass the defenders, than to make a laser pass to the left across the body. But that's just my opinion. 

    And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku! 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @nero said:

    And that video is BS. Njoku didn't look irritated and he is seizing the opportunities he gets. Both Bryant and Baker where smiling. He is playing his best ever as a Brown, I'd say. No drops and blocking well. Keep it up Njoku! 

    Totally agree. Njoku was completely messing with him. ?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I believe most of us have been very disappointed with Njoku - I certainly have been. Hopefully he has grown up a bit, and Hooper is a great influence on him.

    He's been playing really well - I didn't notice how much:

    https://www.brownsnation.com/david-njoku-having-quietly-effective-season-for-browns/